Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: TOMORROW PITH, TODAY PITHLESS  (Read 8731 times)

MBarnum

Re: TOMORROW PITH, TODAY PITHLESS
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 09:09:48 AM »

BK, isn't it a wonderful feeling to get all that stuff organized!

I am in a constant state of organization, it seems, but moving has given me a chance to get a lot more of it done.

MBarnum

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 09:11:08 AM »

Page 2 getting things organized dance!

MBarnum

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 09:12:29 AM »

One negative to this move is that it has interrupted my reading. I had begun two books...DR Druxy's book and an old dime store mystery novel...and I have not been able to finish either one yet...but soon, I hope, as both books are excellent!

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010, 09:16:44 AM »

I am off for a blood test and for today's cardiac rehab session.  Hope the endorphins improve my mood...bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 09:21:43 AM »

Good morning, all. I feel a bit of the sluggard today, having slept 10 glorious hours.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2010, 09:23:53 AM »

Endorphin vibes for DR Ginny!

John G.

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2010, 09:30:59 AM »

TOD:

Movies:
Suddenly Last Summer
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Reivers
Show Boat (the James Whale version)
Last Picture Show
Nashville
Wise Blood
Ruby in Paradise

Authors:
Flannery O'Connor
Eudora Welty
Zora Neale Hurston
Faulkner when he's funny ("As I Lay Dying," "The Reivers")
Robert Penn Warren
Ernest J. Gaines
Cormac McCarthy
Fannie Flagg
Barbara Kingsolver
Larry Brown
Pat Conroy
Larry McMurtry
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2010, 09:36:04 AM »

Morning, everyone!

Last Night of Ballyhoo (major bias on this one: a dear friend was in the Broadway production)

My goddaughter's godmother Celia Weston was in this! She has a monopoly on southern roles.

My friend (Joanne Camp, who was one of the founders of my beloved Pearl Theatre Company) was her replacement.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2010, 09:38:30 AM »

Yes DR GINNY - but some folks jus' doan haf no manners.

DR RLP - how could I forget TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD?

Too obvious a choice, perhaps?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2010, 09:39:04 AM »

the ENCORE awards are this evening....hoping that Indiana's BRAIN FROM PLANET X gets some wins.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2010, 09:44:07 AM »

TOD:

Food: Fried chicken, ham hocks with greens, oxtail stew, gumbo with plenty of okra, smothered pork chops, chicken-fried steak with real cream gravy, fried shrimp, shrimp and grits, Cajun crab boils, you name it.

Then there are the sweet potato pies, fried okra, collards, fried corn, cooked cabbage with plenty of bacon in it, green beans with plenty of bacon in them, biscuits, peach cobbler. I could go on too long.

Many of these dishes are available at a cafeteria-style restaurant in San Antonio called Mr. and Mrs. G's. They serve everything up with red Kool-Aid on the side. Even though the place is nothing to look at, lines for out the door at lunch every day. And tourists have started seeking it out. When the New Orleans Saints played a few games in San Antonio after Katrina, the players were regulars there. May have to go there for lunch.    
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2010, 09:45:51 AM »

Always wanted to see "Last Night in Ballyhoo," but for some reason none of the local theater companies has staged it. And I never got to New York when it was on the boards.

I've driven and walked through Uhry's old Atlanta neighborhood several times.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2010, 09:46:51 AM »

One negative to this move is that it has interrupted my reading. I had begun two books...DR Druxy's book and an old dime store mystery novel...and I have not been able to finish either one yet...but soon, I hope, as both books are excellent!
I got tired looking at the photo of your organized shelves. Spend more time reading, less time cleaning. It's healthier. 
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2010, 09:48:31 AM »

Vibes for FJL.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2010, 09:57:48 AM »

Yes DR GINNY - but some folks jus' doan haf no manners.

DR RLP - how could I forget TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD?

Too obvious a choice, perhaps?

Maybe he just overlooked my mention of it!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2010, 10:02:17 AM »

RE: last night's TAR

SPOILERS

THE AMAZING RACE

TAR result was fine with me.....but I am beginning to be annoyed by one team in a major way....I hate seeing their idiot faces.

Which team is annoying you? There are 2 teams that are annoying me. One are the motorcycle couple (who went to the fast forward). They seem physically competent. But mentally incompetent!  And the couple chad and stephanie. He gets on my nerves. He is happy when they do well. But annoying as all heck when they do poorly. And she is whiny always saying that she can't do something.

Btw, I am not that happy with the results mostly because i didn't find it a fair leg.  The last couple was behind 2 1/2 hours (probably 1/2 from team closest to them). There were really so few ways to catch up. I don't think that the last placed team made any mistakes. But there was no way for them to catch up. That bugged me.  I don't care that there wasn't bunching at the irport (not a big fan of th is). But there have to be some ways for the last team to catch up.

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2010, 10:04:34 AM »

I am so happy the next 3 days are supposed to be 16C (low 60s). It has been so cold here lately (30s and 40s).

This is supposed to be my last week biking. But as long as it stays 40s and sunny. I may go a couple times a week.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2010, 10:34:29 AM »

The Asian son and father, DR JENNIFER.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2010, 11:00:06 AM »

RE: last night's TAR

SPOILERS

THE AMAZING RACE

TAR result was fine with me.....but I am beginning to be annoyed by one team in a major way....I hate seeing their idiot faces.

Which team is annoying you? There are 2 teams that are annoying me. One are the motorcycle couple (who went to the fast forward). They seem physically competent. But mentally incompetent!  And the couple chad and stephanie. He gets on my nerves. He is happy when they do well. But annoying as all heck when they do poorly. And she is whiny always saying that she can't do something.

Btw, I am not that happy with the results mostly because i didn't find it a fair leg.  The last couple was behind 2 1/2 hours (probably 1/2 from team closest to them). There were really so few ways to catch up. I don't think that the last placed team made any mistakes. But there was no way for them to catch up. That bugged me.  I don't care that there wasn't bunching at the irport (not a big fan of th is). But there have to be some ways for the last team to catch up.

Perhaps they thought that the detour would be more difficult for people and that would give people a chance to catch up

Cillaliz

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2010, 11:02:11 AM »

Ricky went in for treatment number 2 today.   I came home at noon and cleaned his room, it's airing out right now while I wait for the blankets to dry.  After I vacuumed and wiped things down, Callie was sniffing in there.  As soon as the blankets are dry, I'll go up, remake the bed and head back to work.  I'm leaving him at the vet until close to 5:00.  They have to have that cone collar on him until he dries and I feel like it's mean to have it on him, so I'm hoping he'll be dry when I go get him

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2010, 11:02:36 AM »

Don't know why I'm so worried about airing it out.  He'll come back smelling like rotten eggs and the room will be stinky again in minutes

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »

I'm not in love with any of the teams this year.  Am waiting for a couple more weeks to see who gets weeded out

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2010, 11:13:05 AM »

I actually like most of the teams on TAR this time.  The bikers are brain dead, but even that can be amusing.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2010, 11:20:13 AM »

Thanks for the endorphin vibes, DR MBarnum.  Alas, no workout for me today, because the lab tech could get NO blood from me and the CR nurses thought that, on top of the muscle soreness (I hope) in my upper back and the nosebleed that's been threatening all day, that was reason enough to take a day off.  Yes, I have a doctor's appointment in the morning...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2010, 11:30:52 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  It was one of those nights last night - I was ready to fall asleep at twelve-thirty and yet I could not fall asleep at twelve-thirty so I just lay there like so much fish - I did eventually fall asleep but it was at least two hours later.  Then I woke up from a really weird dream quite suddenly at eight-thirty - it apparently was such a weird dream that the calf muscle in my left leg cramped just as I awoke - it was quite painful.  I got out of bed but could barely walk, so I got back into bed and fell asleep again, which was good.  It's still sore but at least I can hobble around.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2010, 11:36:56 AM »

I hope you don't get these books confused.

Mine is the one without the murder in it.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2010, 11:41:46 AM »

Now, I'm off to pick up my wife at the airport.

;D
You can dream…or you can do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »

I hope you don't get these books confused.

Mine is the one without the murder in it.

::)

I believe that makes you the first ever publicist who didn't want to at least try to kill one of your clients.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2010, 12:10:01 PM »

Is this Page 3?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2010, 12:10:18 PM »

Nope. how about this?
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up