Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: MICHELLE NICASTRO  (Read 11467 times)

Ginny

Re: MICHELLE NICASTRO
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2010, 01:06:24 PM »

Whew!  Michigan 67, Illinois 65 in triple overtime!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2010, 01:08:33 PM »

Wow! I should have watched that game

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2010, 01:16:24 PM »

Yeah, DR Cillaliz, in my 40+ years of watching Michigan football, I've never seen anything like it - Go, Blue!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »

Break a leg Vibes to DR Matthew and the Sunset Blvd cast and crew~~~~~~~~~~~

DITTO!!!

Jane

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2010, 01:30:24 PM »

Back from storage and getting all the Christmas charts for December's show - had them all, so that's great.  Whilst there, I found this photograph of Michelle and I from 1997.

Such a wonderful photo!!!  She was way too young to leave this world.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2010, 01:32:07 PM »

Whew!  Michigan 67, Illinois 65 in triple overtime!

:)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2010, 01:55:17 PM »

Getting a little misty-eyed watching Sondheim's 80th Birthday Concert on BD, which I have to review.  So many intense memories hearing all of these songs.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2010, 02:46:40 PM »

I'm on a break from watching CALLAS FOREVER. Fanny Ardant is spectacular as Maria Callas.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2010, 03:00:01 PM »

On the plane back to the ATL after a nice cruise around Ellis Island. Thanks again for all the support for those there and those there in spirit! Travel vibes much. Appreciated!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2010, 03:07:12 PM »

My battery is too low to read the notes which is probably good so I don't cry on plane.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2010, 03:07:48 PM »

Off we go!

FJL

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2010, 03:08:29 PM »

Travel vibes to Edi!

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2010, 03:15:03 PM »

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »

TOD - "Be a Santa" always makes me smile.  I hope Michelle's loved ones know how many total strangers are sharing memories today.  She leaves a wonderful legacy.  And BK's notes made me cry, too.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »

On the plane back to the ATL after a nice cruise around Ellis Island. Thanks again for all the support for those there and those there in spirit! Travel vibes much. Appreciated!

You know how much I wish I could have been there.

SAFE TRAVELS!!

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2010, 03:55:08 PM »

I just read the tribute in the notes now. Beautiful tribute.Now I'm all teary too.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2010, 03:58:18 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Safe travel Vibes for DR edisaurus and entourage! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2010, 04:07:14 PM »

SAFE AND EASY TRAVEL VIBES TO DR EDI AND FAMILY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JMK

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2010, 04:16:44 PM »

Back from our first walkthrough of our now rental property, which I haven't even driven by in 6 months.  Looks surprisingly good, they're really keeping it up which of course makes us happy.  They have agreed they will pay rent until we find a new tenant, so we're covered.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2010, 04:22:47 PM »

Sounds good JMK, hope you find another tenant who keeps the house up as well as the current tenants did

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »

Can't decide if I want to go see Catfish or Conviction or stay home and watch The Girl Who Kicked a Hornet's Nest.   Decisions

JMK

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2010, 04:26:59 PM »

Sounds good JMK, hope you find another tenant who keeps the house up as well as the current tenants did

We actually think we may have, but timing is an issue.  We won't know until next week when the current tenants will be out.  We had our realtor over today to just look through and he thinks the master, which is currently carpeted, actually has hardwoods underneath.  We were going to buy new carpets, but if there are hardwoods, we'll just have those refinished.  Probably around the same cost I would think.

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2010, 04:38:41 PM »

Maybe you'll be lucky and the hardwoods won't need refinishing.  There are a lot of homes with really nice hardwood floors that have been protected by the carpet that has covered them for years.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2010, 04:45:54 PM »

I watched the 3rd Millenium movie today (here it is called La reine dans le palais des courants d'air).

I would say don't read this post if you are planning to read the 3rd book (THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST).

I'm not sure how many people here have seen the 3rd movie (maybe only BK). I actually found it a lot less violent than the first 2 movies.  I will be curious after DRs Jane and Cillaliz watch this movie (since they have both read the books) what they will think about the differences.

Don't read below if you don't want to know what was left out of the movie.

one two three four five six pick up sticks one two three four five six pick up sticks they went about and came down
1. Erika did not leave her job. And thus they had to completely change the motivation for the threats against her.

I get that they have to leave things out of the movie. But I don't know that I like these changes. All that happened to Erika in the book was a key part of the book.

2. Mikael did not have a romantic relationship with the policewoman Monica.

3. Monica did not look at all like how i pictured her.
Even though she did not have a huge role, this actress was nothing like how she was described in the book!
one two three four five six pick up sticks one two three four five six pick up sticks abcdedfg one two three

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2010, 04:46:51 PM »

Still don't know which movie I'm going to see. One is at 7:15 and one at 7:20, so, I think I'll just go and make my mind up when I get there

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2010, 04:48:07 PM »

Can't decide if I want to go see Catfish or Conviction or stay home and watch The Girl Who Kicked a Hornet's Nest.   Decisions

That is funny that you posted about the movie right as I was posting my thoughts. I'd be very interested to hear your take on it.

Surprisingly (and not sure if this is because I watched it in French) but I found this movie to be the most confusing of the 3. And if I hadn't read the book I am not sure that I would have followed who everyone was. I feel like they rushed over a lot about who everyone was.

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2010, 04:48:13 PM »

Jennifer, I skipped what was left out of the movie.  I'll let you know what I think when I see the movie.  I decided to wait on that until the weather makes me want to stay home

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2010, 04:49:13 PM »

TIme to get ready to head to the theater. 

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »

Jennifer, I skipped what was left out of the movie.  I'll let you know what I think when I see the movie.  I decided to wait on that until the weather makes me want to stay home

Okay. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2010, 04:55:28 PM »

As I've written, I really enjoyed all three of the Millennium films - they are all very different from each other, all were compelling and well done, and since I haven't read the books, they all worked perfectly for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up