Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IMPROMPTU  (Read 14760 times)

Jennifer

Re: IMPROMPTU
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 06:41:52 AM »

For TAR fans here.

Apparently this is why there was no speedbump shown last night:

This is to clarify things about Nick & Vicky's Speed Bump Issue...

Nick and Vicki did not have a speed bump due to a production error. The error was they had gotten the music order right sooner than they were given credit for, this was discovered during the pit stop. ...To rectify the error, they were not given a speedbump and all teams started at the circus at the same time. This should have been explained at the start of the show.

Laura

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 06:48:24 AM »

Please give DRs Jason and Singdaw a hug and kiss for me.

Will do!

I look forward to seeing them and learning what's going on. The six men recording are all good friends of mine, sharp and funny, and I think they'll get along great together. I love and adore Ms Luker, aka Mrs Burstein, and it should be a lot of fun.

Give all of them a hug and kiss for me!

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 06:50:01 AM »

Please give DRs Jason and Singdaw a hug and kiss for me.

And me - I miss them both!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 07:57:19 AM »

Druxy, MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW is also out on Region B (IIRC) Blu-ray, which is probably what BK is watching.  The transfer is supposed to be wonderful.

I also watched THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ALICE CREED last night after your comments.  Nice touches, and one perfectly Hitchcockian sequence (the spent casing on the floor), but I guessed two of the "twists" within seconds of the film starting.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2010, 08:05:06 AM »

I would like to remind all NW HHW-ers (as well as any other adventurous souls) that we're having a dinner party for BK on November 12.  So far, only one RSVP, which seems unseemly.  :) 

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2010, 08:05:38 AM »

Betsy is already planning a gourmet meal of Boca Burgers, Tofurkey and Soy Bacon.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2010, 08:09:57 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And it's raining again here in New York City.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2010, 08:10:30 AM »

And now for the weather in your neck of the woods...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2010, 08:11:15 AM »

???

So, if "woods" can have a "neck", does that mean that they also have a head and torso? Legs and arms? Hands and feet?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2010, 08:11:38 AM »

I obviously need a bit more caffeine this morning.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2010, 08:12:03 AM »

Or not.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2010, 08:12:14 AM »

DR Jose, when we heard about Arena's "culturally diverse" Oklahoma, Richard was about to scoff and then remembered Rob's high school pulling off Fiddler on the Roof with an African American Tevye and a Japanese daughter.  Anything's possible!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 08:13:52 AM »

JMK

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 08:14:57 AM »

Good deal squared department:  Barnes and Noble is having a 50% off Criterion sale, good on everything.  Plus, if you join ebates.com (free), and enter B&N through their "portal," you get an additional 8% cash back.  Cool beans.

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 08:16:39 AM »

DR Cillaliz - I am so jealous of you going to the ice show!  Watching those specials on TV, I've always wanted to be in the audience for one.  I even spent some time this morning investigating a trip, but there's no way to fly from SW Ohio to SUX without making 2 stops and spending a boatload of $$$.  Ah, well, maybe there'll be something closer someday...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 08:18:24 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

A good breakfast is a good breakfast. And a bad breakfast is truly unfortunate.

Some mornings I'm in the mood for an egg-based breakfast: scrambled, over-easy, omelets, strata.  Other times I'm in the mood for a bread-based breakfast: pancakes, french toast, muffins. croissants.  -And sometimes there's some overlap.

If I could eat it every day, I would start off with a plate of two eggs (over-easy), corned beef hash (crispy, please!), and two biscuits. -One biscuit I would eat with the eggs and hash, the other one I would then slather with butter and orange marmalade for "dessert".
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2010, 08:20:13 AM »

I like breakfast. I remember a great one at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood. Asparagus in an omelet. Yum.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2010, 08:24:05 AM »

DR Jose, when we heard about Arena's "culturally diverse" Oklahoma, Richard was about to scoff and then remembered Rob's high school pulling off Fiddler on the Roof with an African American Tevye and a Japanese daughter.  Anything's possible!

It's almost a given that any "traditional" show that Arena's Artistic Director, Molly Smith, directs, will be "diverse" in one for or another.  And that not only applies to the cast of actors, but also to her artistic staff. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2010, 08:28:07 AM »

TOD - At SaraBeth's Kitchen on Central Park South I had one of the best omelets ever - lots of veggies!  That's where we gathered before DR Jose took us on a walking tour of the Park and the UES:

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2010, 08:28:31 AM »

As for a favorite breakfast...

Well...

I know I've had some wonderful ones over the years, but the one that sticks in my mind is from when I was nine-years old.  We were living in Connecticut, and two of our cousins were staying with us at the time.  My father made a big breakfast of eggs and bacon for me and my three brothers and my two cousins.  For some reason, the bread - the toast! - just tasted sooooo good that morning.  We just kept asking for more toast. "More toast! More toast!" I can even still picture my father having to open another bag of Wonder Bread in order to accommodate the masses. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2010, 08:29:22 AM »

DR Cillaliz - I am so jealous of you going to the ice show!  Watching those specials on TV, I've always wanted to be in the audience for one.  I even spent some time this morning investigating a trip, but there's no way to fly from SW Ohio to SUX without making 2 stops and spending a boatload of $$$.  Ah, well, maybe there'll be something closer someday...

If you want to come, the best bet is to fly to Omaha and come up from there via car. MUCH cheaper than flying from SUX.  My mother was interested in coming until I told her he is skating to Heart - a rock band from the 80s (Or was it the 70s).  Neither of my parents like rock music at all. So, they then said no without hesitation.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2010, 08:30:49 AM »

TOD - At SaraBeth's Kitchen on Central Park South I had one of the best omelets ever - lots of veggies!  That's where we gathered before DR Jose took us on a walking tour of the Park and the UES:

What  a fun day that was!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »

And while we're remembering walking tours....this one took us to the Donut Plant  (is that what it's called)  that's sort of breakfast

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2010, 08:32:33 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  It rained most of the night, but now the sun is shining brightly - thus, LA.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2010, 08:33:09 AM »

As for exotic ways of preparing eggs...

Popover Cafe here in NYC - among other places - prepares "Cappuccino Eggs".  The eggs are cooked via the steam/froth attachment of a cappuccino machine.  It's like very(!) fluffy scrambled eggs.  *And since they're cooked in the bowl, there's no additional butter or oil needed since you're not cooking in a pan.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2010, 08:34:11 AM »

Most major cities should have skating show. I'm not sure how far you are from Cincinnati. But they definitely have skating shows that pass through there.

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2010, 08:34:50 AM »

Most major cities should have skating show. I'm not sure how far you are from Cincinnati. But they definitely have skating shows that pass through there.

No,  he's doing this one just to tape the TV special.  He isn't on tour

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2010, 08:34:50 AM »

And while we're remembering walking tours....this one took us to the Donut Plant  (is that what it's called)  that's sort of breakfast

Actually, I believe breakfast that morning consisted of candies from Economy Candy, halvah from Russ & Daughters, and various doughnuts from the Doughnut Plants. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2010, 08:35:51 AM »

Actually, I believe breakfast that morning consisted of candies from Economy Candy, halvah from Russ & Daughters, and various doughnuts from the Doughnut Plants. :)
Oh, I thought all the rest were just appetizers before the breakfast doughnuts

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2010, 08:37:30 AM »

Morning, all & sundry!

TOD: I don't recall any particularly memorable breakfasts, but I dearly love any and all egg-type breakfast dishes: sunny-side-up or -down, scrambled, omeletes with veggies, cheese, herbs... bring 'em on (also, get the angioplasty equipment ready...)

Favorite egg dish was one made by my late grandfather, who came to cooking late in life and was a member of the "if it tastes good, throw some of it into the pot" culinary school. His omeletes were likely to contain ketchup, peanut butter (EVERYTHING had peanut butter, for reasons beyond my comprehension), handfuls of Mrs. Dash, and Lord-only-knows what else... general rule when eating by his table: close your eyes, enjoy, and don't ask...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up