Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: RAVE IN THE NAVE  (Read 18889 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: RAVE IN THE NAVE
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »

DR Elmore, sorry about your experience. Glad you liked The Brain

Thanks. The low point was when one of the two conductors on the train - the stupid fat one - threatened to throw us off the train because the rude black lady conductor with the chip on her shoulder claimed I had called her a sack of shit. What I had actually said to her, after her offensive comment about NJ Transit policies concerning the restrooms, was that her comment was a crock of shit.

They made complete fools of themselves, behaving much more badly than I did. Bruce's comment was tat he wished they had treid to throw us off the train because then the police would have had to be involved and everyone'snames could have been taken and I'd have recourse to sue the fat ass on Judge Judy!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 06:07:18 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2010, 06:04:32 PM »

Happy 110th Birthday Aaron Copland

Ben

« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2010, 06:05:29 PM »

Evening all.

That is all.

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »

Ok, I don't want to laugh, it sounds very unpleasant, but I'd love to see you on Judge Judy

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2010, 06:06:50 PM »

Ouch! One of the reviews for the new holiday musical ELF called it "a lump of coal for Christmas."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2010, 06:07:06 PM »

I'm back in Manhattan after a wonderful weekend on Long Island.

Anthony has a few things to do out there so he will be back on Wednesday.

Back to the office tomorrow and counting down until December 2nd when I'm off for the rest of the month.

I'm also counting down to November 27th when we will have dinner with some old college friends, one of whom lives in New York and the other is now in New York doing La Bete. I haven't seen her in 30 years.

Ben

« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »

Bye for now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2010, 06:08:06 PM »

Bye Ben, glad you had a good weekend

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2010, 06:11:24 PM »

Ok, I don't want to laugh, it sounds very unpleasant, but I'd love to see you on Judge Judy

The absurdist side of me thinks it's all very funny now, once you get past the unpleasant situation that precipitated my unpleasant remark to the rude black lady with the chip on her shoulder and the fat jerk conductor. That jerk was on a power trip and thoroughly relishing his threats of eviction and putting me in my place.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2010, 06:16:10 PM »

Either my reaction to women giving me a pat down vs men giving you one was very different or yours was incredibly invasive. ;D  Did you go to a private room? ;)

I have beeen patted down many times when I travel, but the two British gentlemen were a little friendlier with my crotch than any other screener.  After the one on the way home was finished, I told him that I was afraid I was going to be buying him dinner.  He laughed!

LOL that is more attention than I received.

Jane

« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »

I decided that since it will be used as a sofa much more than a bed, this will be better than a futon.  Futons aren't as comfortable to sit on,.

They aren't.  I was very comfortable on the the sofa bed this weekend.

Jane

« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2010, 06:20:15 PM »

DR Elmore, sorry about your experience. Glad you liked The Brain

Thanks. The low point was when one of the two conductors on the train - the stupid fat one - threatened to throw us off the train because the rude black lady conductor with the chip on her shoulder claimed I had called her a sack of shit. What I had actually said to her, after her offensive comment about NJ Transit policies concerning the restrooms, was that her comment was a crock of shit.

I am soooo glad I didn't not talk back to the idiot guy this morning and risk getting thrown off the plane before I even got on it. ;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2010, 06:23:06 PM »

Elmore on Judge Judy? Hmm. Maybe if it were a Jell-O wrestling match between him and the lady conductor ...
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2010, 06:24:34 PM »

Bruce do you remember what time we went through security?  Was is just before 7:00?  I need it for my report.  They also want the checkpoint.  I'm guessing the entrance to terminal A is good enough.  I wish I at least had the name of the obnoxious guy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2010, 06:52:49 PM »

Good Evening!

So... I went to hear the Greenwich Village Orchestra play earlier this afternoon.  My friend, Brendan, just started playing with them (second violin). It was a very nice and relatively short program. Bruch's Violin Concerto in the first half, and Vaughan-Williams' "London" Symphony in the second half.  I'm always a little wary of attending concerts by pick-up orchestras, but, I have to say that I was quite surprised with the level of playing.  And what the auditorium at the Washington Irving School lacks in aesthetics, it more than makes up for in acoustics.  Good sound, good music.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2010, 06:54:21 PM »

Bruce do you remember what time we went through security?  Was is just before 7:00?  I need it for my report.  They also want the checkpoint.  I'm guessing the entrance to terminal A is good enough.  I wish I at least had the name of the obnoxious guy.

DR Jane - I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal.  -Do you remember making a phone call or texting anyone right before or after your incident? If so, you can guess-timate the time from your call/text log on your cellphone.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2010, 06:54:38 PM »

My 5:20am wake-up call just caught up with me - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2010, 06:54:47 PM »

DR vixmom - I hope your Psych paper is coming along nicely. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2010, 06:56:29 PM »

Goodnight, DR Ginny.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2010, 06:58:20 PM »

DR Jane - I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal.  -Do you remember making a phone call or texting anyone right before or after your incident? If so, you can guess-timate the time from your call/text log on your cellphone.

Thanks & I didn't-I do know that trick :).  The plane boarded around 7:30 so 7:00is is a good guess.  Bruce might have looked at his watch when we arrived.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2010, 07:00:05 PM »

DR elmore - A friend of mine who works in the city moved to New Jersey last year. As much as he loves his new house and new neighborhood, the one thing he does not love are the NJ Transit employees.  Be sure to write a letter and call someone tomorrow too just to get the complaint process rolling.  Otherwise...

I'm glad you and Bruce had a great time at The Brain.  -And I'm guessing the "Zoni" was a typo in the paper. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »

I've been reading the official regulations and they are:
Medication and related supplies are normally X-rayed. However, as a customer service, TSA now allows you the option of requesting a visual inspection of your medication and associated supplies.

* You must request a visual inspection before the screening process begins; otherwise your medications and supplies will undergo X-ray inspection.
    * If you would like to take advantage of this option, please have your medication and associated supplies separated from your other property in a separate pouch/bag when you approach the Security Officer at the walk-through metal detector.
    * Request the visual inspection and hand your medication pouch/bag to the Security Officer.
    * In order to prevent contamination or damage to medication and associated supplies and/or fragile medical materials, you will be asked at the security checkpoint to display, handle, and repack your own medication and associated supplies during the visual inspection process.
    * Any medication and/or associated supplies that cannot be cleared visually must be submitted for X-ray screening. If you refuse, you will not be permitted to carry your medications and related supplies into the sterile area.

I think holding the bag in front of me and stating it can't go through the x-ray was an official request.  That is exactly what I did in Medford and they politely took it from me.

Jane

« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2010, 07:03:33 PM »

I feel for you.  After only five hours of sleep my alarm was ringing for awhile this morning before I turned it off at 5:30. 

Jane

« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2010, 07:05:21 PM »

LOL, all this talk about my medication you think I would have remember to give myself an injection my now.  It is so easy I have quickly become an expert at it.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2010, 07:26:55 PM »

Good Evening!

So... I went to hear the Greenwich Village Orchestra play earlier this afternoon.  My friend, Brendan, just started playing with them (second violin). It was a very nice and relatively short program. Bruch's Violin Concerto in the first half, and Vaughan-Williams' "London" Symphony in the second half.  I'm always a little wary of attending concerts by pick-up orchestras, but, I have to say that I was quite surprised with the level of playing.  And what the auditorium at the Washington Irving School lacks in aesthetics, it more than makes up for in acoustics.  Good sound, good music.
Love Ralph Vaugh-Williams. Sounds like a great afternoon.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2010, 07:47:51 PM »

Good Evening!

Love Ralph Vaugh-Williams. Sounds like a great afternoon.

It was a very nice to spend the afternoon. It was also a nice "excuse" to leave my apartment for a few hours. -And, as an added bonus, they had a reception afterwards with cheese platters, crudités, sandwiches and wine - Free Dinner! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2010, 07:51:47 PM »

Love that name poke-n-soak cake, td. I guess that's like a Jell-O cake? Haven't heard it called that before.

I thought maybe it was like the crazy cake my mom used to make.

I looked up crazy cake & am happy to see it is a vegan cake.  I'm thinking of making one for Craig only I need to find a recipe that doesn't include chocolate.

DR Jane - You can make a "poke-and-soak"/"crazy cake"/"Jell-O" cake with any cake and Jell-O/Pudding combo you like.  I just remember always liking "blue" and "green" Jell-O with White Cake.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2010, 07:58:17 PM »

Indeed, last night in Portland was a blast! It was so wonderful to see DRs Jane, George, JMK and his beautiful wife Betsy!

BK was a delight and his show/talk was so much fun! JMK did a great job moderating. Someone in the audience had thought that the whole thing was rehearsed, but it wasn't ...it just really went that smoothly.

I loved seeing all the clips...most I had seen before...but somehow seeing scenes from THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY and THE CREATURE WASN'T NICE was much more fun with an audience.

MBarnum

« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2010, 08:01:38 PM »

Yes, I had just a few episodes of getting slightly off course while driving DR Jane and myself to the SHARI'S restaurant, leaving from JMK's house. What would normally have been about a 3 mile, 5 minute drive took us just a bit over 20 minutes...give or take 15 minutes  8)

But the two of us saw a LOT more of Lake Oswego (the town JMK lives in) then we ever would have, had I not taken that wrong turn. So there really is an upside.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #239 on: November 14, 2010, 08:02:17 PM »

Only 45 minutes till TAR. Yeah!

And it started on time tonight! :)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up