Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: RAVE IN THE NAVE  (Read 18672 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: RAVE IN THE NAVE
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2010, 12:05:48 PM »

I was feeling very nostalgic on our anniversary and wishing I could be there and Keith said go.  I went online and the flights weren't as outrageously expensive as usual so I booked a flight, after confirming I still had an invite to stay with DR JMK & family.  It was all last minute and perfect timing as I had a short break from must do activities.

Sometimes wishes do come true. :)  Jeff and Betsy were perfect hosts.  Surprising Bruce, who didn't look surprised, nor did George come to think of it ;) and seeing MBarnum was simply grand.  All in all I had a wonderful weekend.  I also had a nice long walk around their beautiful neighborhood.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2010, 12:08:30 PM »

Betsy sweetly got up at 5:30-ish and was off with Jane by 6-ish to pick up BK. 

Sweetly and cheerfully, plus she carried my suitcase up all those stairs for me. :)  Betsy is delightful and I always enjoy spending time with her.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2010, 12:09:57 PM »

Without giving away any secrets, that last post was too long for Jane to read.  ;)

ROTFLOL.  I stopped about a quarter way through. ;) 

Jane

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2010, 12:11:07 PM »

Without giving away any other secrets, you holiday shoppers with MBarnum on your list might want to chip in for a nice GPS unit for him.  ;)

I really am on the floor now.  I expected to read about it in the notes.  What shall they chip in to get you so you don't yell STOP TALKING! ;)

Jane

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2010, 12:13:09 PM »

Greetings from on board the aeroplane. Always surprising how full these early morning flights are.

I was surprised to find my flight only half full.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2010, 12:16:17 PM »

...Am I alone here? ... Well THAT'S a first.

Darn I didn't see you while I was catching up on the weekend posts.  It is a special treat to have you stop in and catch up on your activities.  I hope you feel better very soon!!!!

Jane

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2010, 12:16:49 PM »

John G, my compliments to you.  At first I thought those exquisite photos were by our talented Laura.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2010, 12:20:29 PM »

Yes, MBarnum managed to get me home last night, but not easily. :)

FJL

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2010, 12:22:20 PM »

vixter - Thanks for saying that.  We thought they were nice mementos for the cast, too!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »

I'm back home and tired.  Flight was very fast and we got in twenty minutes early.  Since my ride was still five minutes away I decided to go into the lost and found since at the Burbank Airport it's eight steps from where you come out after de-planing.  A nice policeman opened the safe - there was a laptop in there and a few plastic baggies - two or three of the baggies had sunglasses but not mine - but the last baggie he showed me were MINE!!!  So, the story of the hugely expensive lost sunglasses had a happy ending and now the trip was absolutely perfection with not a negative in sight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2010, 12:23:23 PM »

You need to find out who this wazoo on Datalounge is - that site, for me, is the lowest of the low and everything that gives the Internet a bad name.

The Vixter

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2010, 12:23:49 PM »

vixter - Thanks for saying that.  We thought they were nice mementos for the cast, too!

And in honor of Freds ungrateful preformers- PAGE THREE DANCE!!!

EVERYONE DANCE!!! *Tangos with first person to jump in.*
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

The Vixter

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2010, 12:24:14 PM »

Also, travel vibes be with you all who are going somewhere.

KevinH

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2010, 12:24:40 PM »

Hello-

I'm glad the Portland event went so well!   Portland is on my list of places to visit-it sounds like a great city.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2010, 12:25:57 PM »

I think so too, exceptionally nice.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2010, 12:27:21 PM »

I'm back home and tired.  Flight was very fast and we got in twenty minutes early.  Since my ride was still five minutes away I decided to go into the lost and found since at the Burbank Airport it's eight steps from where you come out after de-planing.  A nice policeman opened the safe - there was a laptop in there and a few plastic baggies - two or three of the baggies had sunglasses but not mine - but the last baggie he showed me were MINE!!!  So, the story of the hugely expensive lost sunglasses had a happy ending and now the trip was absolutely perfection with not a negative in sight.

I am sooo excited I was right!!! ;)

Jane

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2010, 12:30:38 PM »

and now the trip was absolutely perfection with not a negative in sight.

You didn't mention the guy at security yelling at me, but then you stayed out of it to avoid a body search ;)

Jane

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2010, 12:33:05 PM »

DR TCB thank you for the compliment, you are too kind.  You were also greatly missed in Portland.  I hope your ear is better.

We are currently watching the 2nd season of Legend of the Seeker and shall be very sorry when there aren't any more episodes to watch.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2010, 12:35:16 PM »

FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR THE DN'S OF DR JENNIFER!!
STAY HEALTHY VIBES FOR JENNIFER!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2010, 12:44:36 PM »

The Rave at the Nave sounds just wonderful, as did the entire time in Portland.  I love Portland.  It is one of my favorite cities on earth.  This, of course made even more unhappy that I wasn't able to attend.  Not to mention that I was going to bring my copy of BK's autobiography (Part 1) with me so that BK could finally sign it.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2010, 12:52:03 PM »

Hey everyone, long time no- well, see or chat.

Let's see... Anyone who meet up with Mom last week will know I was an extra in the school comedy, Heaven Can Wait, about... I think it was last weekend, but somehow, I can't remember time distences any more. O_O It went off sucsessfully... The next day. We got maybe two laughs the first day, and you could see how stressed we all got, because the queen bee *@%^#-ed alot more at us in the dressing room to "shut the front door". Also, for the sake of My Mom's sanity, and so I don't end up beaten up by said mother., any curses shall be censored. The next day went much better, but I have a feeling that that was because my friend Nick was in the audiance. How did we know? You can hear his laugh from backstage, and he was in the back of the auditorium. His laugh is very distinctive, and thankfully, along with the casts attics of "last night rule" he set the crowd off to join him. It got to the point where, in passing, we in the cast and crew would give a fond glance to each other and simply say- "Oh, Nick."- with a smile. It has been requested that though he is a senior, he must come back to every comedy so we never have that "off" night again.

I have somehow managed to get into our drama this year; Les Miserables. A feat that I've been attempting since first learning of it, and now am slightly scared of being in the play. I thought that everyone was JOKING when they said the teacher was fierce, but I guess not. Especially since she said "If you have a commitment, let me know so I can re-cast you. There's 35 of you, 1 of me, and I will have order, no matter who you are. Also, if you are not on this calender for a certain day. Don't come, I don't want you here." I know that she works with us like we're professionals, so I think, 'cool, I can go home and get this college stuff done finally' but my friend who landed Javert on his first audition for her (WAY TO GO VICTOR YOU MAKE ALL OF US PROUD!!!) is slightly frightened of being left with her after school every day, without the rest of our group there.

Hmmm, Nick?   Hmmm, Victor?

(I changed the exclamation points to question marks.  The exclamaition points made it sound like I had the hots for high school boys.)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:19:27 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2010, 12:56:29 PM »

Hello, everyone.

And a special HI! to the long-lost VIXTER!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2010, 12:58:17 PM »

I'm so glad the Rave in the Nave went so well. Kudos to DR JMK for organizing it and being such a fine host. (DW Betsy, too.)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2010, 01:00:13 PM »

Fred, I'm pleased that Arena Stage added your parody to their website. It suits it and adds some light-hearted humor. My crystal ball says that you will have other opportunities in this area--some of them lucrative. Oops, I'm occupying DR JRAND's seat.

The Vixter

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2010, 01:01:37 PM »

Hey everyone, long time no- well, see or chat.

Let's see... Anyone who meet up with Mom last week will know I was an extra in the school comedy, Heaven Can Wait, about... I think it was last weekend, but somehow, I can't remember time distences any more. O_O It went off sucsessfully... The next day. We got maybe two laughs the first day, and you could see how stressed we all got, because the queen bee *@%^#-ed alot more at us in the dressing room to "shut the front door". Also, for the sake of My Mom's sanity, and so I don't end up beaten up by said mother., any curses shall be censored. The next day went much better, but I have a feeling that that was because my friend Nick was in the audiance. How did we know? You can hear his laugh from backstage, and he was in the back of the auditorium. His laugh is very distinctive, and thankfully, along with the casts attics of "last night rule" he set the crowd off to join him. It got to the point where, in passing, we in the cast and crew would give a fond glance to each other and simply say- "Oh, Nick."- with a smile. It has been requested that though he is a senior, he must come back to every comedy so we never have that "off" night again.

I have somehow managed to get into our drama this year; Les Miserables. A feat that I've been attempting since first learning of it, and now am slightly scared of being in the play. I thought that everyone was JOKING when they said the teacher was fierce, but I guess not. Especially since she said "If you have a commitment, let me know so I can re-cast you. There's 35 of you, 1 of me, and I will have order, no matter who you are. Also, if you are not on this calender for a certain day. Don't come, I don't want you here." I know that she works with us like we're professionals, so I think, 'cool, I can go home and get this college stuff done finally' but my friend who landed Javert on his first audition for her (WAY TO GO VICTOR YOU MAKE ALL OF US PROUD!!!) is slightly frightened of being left with her after school every day, without the rest of our group there.

Hmmm, Nick!   Hmmm, Victor!

XD Thanks, my friends will love that.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2010, 01:01:37 PM »

Congrats to DR DRUXY on his book sales!

The Vixter

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I once was lost, but now am found, twas stuck in the school but now am free to chat.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2010, 01:04:49 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I once was lost, but now am found, twas stuck in the school but now am free to chat.

:)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2010, 01:04:59 PM »

Last night DR Edi wrote:
We have Smarties here in the states, but they're different; more like a roll of little Sweet Tarts:

http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Smarties-160-pieces-unit/dp/B000PD5G5G

We have those here too. I didn't know that you guys called those smarties. I hate those candies!

I really am surprised that the US does not have our smarties. They are so good. Definitely one of the most popular chocolates here. And one of my favs.

I LOVE Smarties - the U.S. version.  They're one of my favorite Halloween candies.

I think the Canadian Smarties are sort of like "Flicks" - which I know a couple of DRs - and bk himself - still miss.  -Although, there always seems to be a report of them coming back into production...

OH! Nevermind - Here they are! FLICKS

-And I guess the Canadian Smarties are not like Flicks, so "nevermind" that too. ::)

I love(d) Flicks.  They were my luxury candy at the movies when I was a kid, because Flicks were a dime and my normal Hershey bar was only a nickel.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2010, 01:06:13 PM »

Last night DR Edi wrote:
We have Smarties here in the states, but they're different; more like a roll of little Sweet Tarts:

http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Smarties-160-pieces-unit/dp/B000PD5G5G

We have those here too. I didn't know that you guys called those smarties. I hate those candies!

I really am surprised that the US does not have our smarties. They are so good. Definitely one of the most popular chocolates here. And one of my favs.

I LOVE Smarties - the U.S. version.  They're one of my favorite Halloween candies.

I think the Canadian Smarties are sort of like "Flicks" - which I know a couple of DRs - and bk himself - still miss.  -Although, there always seems to be a report of them coming back into production...

OH! Nevermind - Here they are! FLICKS

-And I guess the Canadian Smarties are not like Flicks, so "nevermind" that too. ::)

I love(d) Flicks.  They were my luxury candy at the movies when I was a kid, because Flicks were a dime and my normal Hershey bar was only a nickel.

I guess is sounds pretty strange that having a dime in my pocket made me feel rich.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up