Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: GETTING RANDY WITH MY OATS  (Read 15818 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: GETTING RANDY WITH MY OATS
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2010, 10:04:44 AM »

Oh, hehe. guess I should read the notes.
I just noticed your avatar is now "A Christmas Carol." I wish I could watch that TV version of that one again. As awful as it is (and much is really bad), I enjoy Kelsey Grammar as Scrooge and Jane K. I have it on video but the video player died earlier this year. Haven't decided if/when I'll be replacing that.

DR JohnG - it's a great musical version of the show.  I've been doing it seasonally for  4 years now.  I kinda liked the movie as it featured some great actors, especially Claire Moore as Mrs Fezziwig.  I love the score and it's been a great way to get into the holiday season. 

My cast has been rehearsing since mid-October, can't wait to see them next week!

Yeah, I love the score, too. I just think the TV version wasn't up to the stage version.

I had a friend who worked  in the costume department for years when it ran at Madison Square Garden. She worked with F. Murray Abraham, Tony Roberts and a host of others I can't remember. I used to laugh whenever she was would talk about the 15-show-or-so-a-week schedule they had and how she wanted to scream "Just shut up and eat" whenever "Till each child is fed ..." would start up.

I hope your production lifts more than a few spirits this year.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2010, 10:06:31 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... I started to pack my clothes for my trip... Then I checked the weather forecast for the week... It's supposed to be 70 degrees(?!?!?) tomorrow in Richmond, with temps in the 60s for the rest of the week. So... I just threw a bunch of clothes into my duffel, and I'm hoping for the best. ::)
I love Richmond this time of year, though it's been more than a decade since I was there at Christmas. I remember going into a wonderful old hotel that was all decorated for the season. Very Southern and genteel. I'll have to get my sister to tell me what the name of that place was.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2010, 10:06:59 AM »

Oh, hehe. guess I should read the notes.
I just noticed your avatar is now "A Christmas Carol." I wish I could watch that TV version of that one again. As awful as it is (and much is really bad), I enjoy Kelsey Grammar as Scrooge and Jane K. I have it on video but the video player died earlier this year. Haven't decided if/when I'll be replacing that.

DR JohnG - it's a great musical version of the show.  I've been doing it seasonally for  4 years now.  I kinda liked the movie as it featured some great actors, especially Claire Moore as Mrs Fezziwig.  I love the score and it's been a great way to get into the holiday season. 

My cast has been rehearsing since mid-October, can't wait to see them next week!

And I happened to work with the original "Tiny Tim" from that production, Matthew Mezzacappa, on a production of the Cummins & Scoullar adaptation of "The Little Prince" - he was The Little Prince, of course.

*And "44 Sunsets" from said show was recorded by Daisy Egan on the bk-produced and DR elmore-orchestrated on  "Broadway Bound" album.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2010, 10:08:50 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... I started to pack my clothes for my trip... Then I checked the weather forecast for the week... It's supposed to be 70 degrees(?!?!?) tomorrow in Richmond, with temps in the 60s for the rest of the week. So... I just threw a bunch of clothes into my duffel, and I'm hoping for the best. ::)
I love Richmond this time of year, though it's been more than a decade since I was there at Christmas. I remember going into a wonderful old hotel that was all decorated for the season. Very Southern and genteel. I'll have to get my sister to tell me what the name of that place was.

The Jefferson Hotel

-One of my favorite places in Richmond. -And the possible "inspiration" for the big staircase in "Gone With The Wind".
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2010, 10:13:25 AM »

Good Afternoon!

The Jefferson Hotel

-One of my favorite places in Richmond. -And the possible "inspiration" for the big staircase in "Gone With The Wind".
Thank you. My mind is a sieve (or a lattice pie crust) this morning. Oops, it's now afternoon.
― Voltaire

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2010, 10:16:55 AM »

MAIRZY DOATS

John G.

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2010, 10:18:08 AM »

Off to have a bean burger for lunch. This is a San Antonio creation in which you top the burger patty with cheese (originally Cheez-Whiz, though cheddar is much better), refried beans and Frito's (also created in San Antonio). Some add guacamole, salsa, jalapenos, you name it.

Spirit magazine, the Southwest Airlines mag, contacted me about doing a short piece on the five best places in town to get these local faves. I'm off to a restaurant called the Lord's Kitchen, which has a three-pound Meet Your Maker burger on the menu.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2010, 10:20:36 AM »

DR JohnG - YUM! Essen gut!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2010, 10:20:43 AM »

Waiting to hear back from the car place - the same thing that happened last Thursday happened again yesterday - this time as I was pulling in the garage I put my hand on the shift lever, getting ready to move it into park and everything just shut down.  I had to jiggle it pretty fiercely to get it working again and there is clearly something shorting in there.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2010, 10:22:02 AM »

OK - Time to finish getting ready for my trek, which includes packing up the MacBook.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2010, 10:27:47 AM »

Off to have a bean burger for lunch. This is a San Antonio creation in which you top the burger patty with cheese (originally Cheez-Whiz, though cheddar is much better), refried beans and Frito's (also created in San Antonio). Some add guacamole, salsa, jalapenos, you name it.

Spirit magazine, the Southwest Airlines mag, contacted me about doing a short piece on the five best places in town to get these local faves. I'm off to a restaurant called the Lord's Kitchen, which has a three-pound Meet Your Maker burger on the menu.

Ok, between the latest "Glee" episode and John's picture of tater tots - it's SONIC for dinner, tots and slushies!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2010, 10:31:26 AM »

Now I think I want to buy The Sherman Bros Songbook CD.

BK, too bad you can't reissue (and fix/finish) this CD:

...or can you?? ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2010, 10:31:44 AM »

AFter sleeping 2 nights on the bed that used to be in my guest room, my neck doesn't hurt anymore.  Glad I made the change.

Very good news, Cilla!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2010, 10:32:08 AM »

They are having a 50% off sale at a nice mens clothing store next to a coffee shop.   I'm thinking I'll get my dad a sweater this year.   I called to get his size and he answered (that's unusual) and I found out he's waiting for the nurse to call about a prescription.  He's not feeling any better. 

~~~Vibes for Cilla's Father!!~~~

Ben

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2010, 10:33:12 AM »

It will be 70 in Richmond and it's supposed to be rainy and cold here for the weekend.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2010, 10:33:14 AM »

If you don't have "The Sherman Brothers" songbook (available on iTunes) get it -- it's GOLD.  Every track is fantastic.

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2010, 11:36:35 AM »

That is one interesting looking hamburger. Not sure about the refried beans. But guacomole sounds good.

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2010, 11:37:44 AM »

The change in weather temps is probably contributing to people getting sick.

The weather here has been crazy. It was 40s and 50s. Then this past weekend it's been much colder (below 30). Then tomorrow it is supposed to be mid-50s. Crazy!

John G.

« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2010, 12:00:40 PM »

Burger was wonderful. Housemade chips and in a twist, they added the lettuce, pickles and tomato. Purists would pout, but I liked the freshness of the lettuce especially.

Having another tonight for dinner.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2010, 12:01:15 PM »

Here are some cute kitties. This may have been posted, and if so, I'm sorry. But they are adorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMwJOu-c5sU
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2010, 12:01:37 PM »

I second George's notion on the Sherman Bros. album.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2010, 12:04:19 PM »

Craig should be driving over the pass from California to Oregon.  So far the drive to get there was ok.  Thanks for all the vibes.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »

DR Sam I respect people who want a pet and know when they shouldn't get one.  Have you thought about adopting a pair of older cats who a desperate for a home?

Jane

« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2010, 12:07:42 PM »

From DR Jose:
DR Jane - Was/is that the one?

Yes ;D  I did not go into photobucket as you apparently did.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2010, 12:09:15 PM »

From DR FJL:
Jane - Not only is there a coffee flavor, but we actually had some in the freezer.

:)  The coffee ice cream wakes me up.  I would think the yogurt would be as energizing.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2010, 12:13:12 PM »

Here are some cute kitties. This may have been posted, and if so, I'm sorry. But they are adorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMwJOu-c5sU

I couldn't find the direct youtube link to share this.  Thanks for doing it.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2010, 12:14:22 PM »

I've got to get ready to meet Craig.

HEALTH VIBES FOR THE ALL TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO NEED THEM!!!

John G.

« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2010, 12:17:38 PM »

Listening to Brent Barrett's "Christmas Mornings." Great work, bk and Elmore. Of course, it helps having a voice like Barrett's, too.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2010, 12:20:53 PM »

Craig made it safely over the pass!!!!

John G.

« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2010, 12:22:05 PM »

Craig made it safely over the pass!!!!
Great news
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up