Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: AYE, THERE'S THE RULB  (Read 38824 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:AYE, THERE'S THE RULB
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2004, 07:55:08 PM »

Oh, and I went for a haircut today.  Tried a different barber, on the advice of a bartender friend of ours.  I'm not happy with how it turned out, a little raggedy and frankly not short enough.  

The good news is that, because it's longer than I really wanted it, my hair won't take as long until it needs cutting again.  Then I can go back to the shop I've been to before.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2004, 07:56:38 PM »

That brought us to page five?

Instead of our regular dance, how about some good news der Brucer got on the phone today:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]JENNY ACED HER CHEM EXAM![/size][/move]

That's worth dancing about!

(Hope this didn't cinerama for anyone, but this kind of good news is worth it.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 07:59:03 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2004, 08:10:39 PM »

Oh, RLP, don't be such a poop.  Just be happy, dear.  We're all happy - if people want to make one sentence posts to run the numbers up, let them.  We've got quality, we've got quantity - or, to quote Mr. Maltby and Mr. Shire - "I want it all"

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2004, 08:11:28 PM »

I watched the FRASIER retrospective, but turned on the DVR for the actual last episode because there is no TV series more striking in high definition than CSI.

Despite its record number of Emmy Awards won over its first 10 seasons (eclipsing the record held for so long by THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW), I've never warmed to the show. I've watched episodes here and there over the years, mainly because I enjoyed Dan Butler's performance as Bulldog. He became merely a recurring character some years ago, however, so you have to be lucky to catch him on an episode now.

I was sad to see FRIENDS end (though I knew it was time). I think FRASIER overstayed its welcome by at least three years. Had it ended sooner, it wouldn't have set that Emmy record, but it would have gone out in more a blaze of glory than as almost an afterthought as has happened to it now.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2004, 08:12:33 PM »

Welcome GUESTS.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2004, 08:17:57 PM »

Before FRASIER came on early this evening, I put in the Disney hodgepodge FUN AND FANCY FREE. I'd had it on videotape for years, and found the laserdisc in a cutout bin for a couple of dollars some years back. When I was having trouble with my laserdisc machine several months ago, I looked at my laser collection and decided I would slowly start replacing whichever lasers I could with their DVD counterparts, and this was one that I have just now gotten around to watching.

I wasn't born when it and those other Disney music medley animated features came out (MAKE MINE MUSIC and MELODY TIME), but I wonder if people during those years began to wonder if Disney would ever get around to doing an entire animated feature again. It must have seemed an eternity to them between BAMBI and CINDERELLA.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2004, 08:19:48 PM »

Oh, RLP, don't be such a poop.  Just be happy, dear.  We're all happy - if people want to make one sentence posts to run the numbers up, let them.  We've got quality, we've got quantity - or, to quote Mr. Maltby and Mr. Shire - "I want it all"
With seventeen more posts, DR RLP will attain godhood.

Tomovoz

« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2004, 08:22:54 PM »

TCB: You have mail - your HHW box is full!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2004, 08:35:06 PM »

SWW - Please pass on congrats to Chemmy Jenny!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2004, 08:35:11 PM »

Good Evening!

Whew!  It's hot!!  -Yes, I know, I've said that before, but...  Unfortunately, the A/C in the theatre was still not working properly, so I took a nice cool shower once I got back to the apartment..  Ahh.. and now I'm snacking on some very good - and organic - potato chips (seasoned with salt and pepper!), and I suspect some ice cream will be consumed in a little while...

So...  Catch you after a little while.... and some ice cream.. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2004, 08:54:36 PM »

The only documentary from which I know is Murder of the Century.

I am eating a box of cereal.

New York T-shirt, leggings, saddle shoes.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Kerry

« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2004, 09:20:12 PM »

I loved the Mr. Belvedere series.  Clifton Webb was so great no matter what he did.  

Thanks to Jose for filling me in.  Sorry you were ill.   Better now, I hope?

And thanks to all for keeping the home fries burning.

Black sable one day
Next day it goes into hock
I like boat races.

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2004, 09:20:51 PM »

So have you caught up with your reading Kerry? And of course with your emails? Good to see you back. You have been missed.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2004, 09:29:14 PM »

Welcome back, Kerry! 8)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2004, 09:50:21 PM »

More hot pies, more hot pies.

François de Paris

« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2004, 10:06:00 PM »

What about a little dance for.... Kerry, since he's back?

Gee, Dear Reader Jose is stuffing his face with ice cream again!!

One more hour for me and I go home .... with Bonnie Jean!
I look cute in my kilt, really!

Tomovoz

« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2004, 10:07:44 PM »

I have just driven to the local post office and I arrive back to more hot pies. of course after 15 minutes they may not be hot any more.

At last the "Triplets" (Renunion) has made it to a cinema release in OZ. Great reviews. It's one of my favourite DVDs. Despite showing it to quite a few friends, I have not tired of it. I think "Troy" starts here this weekend. As Herman's Hermits sang,  - "A Must To Avoid". I don't think it would be my kind of movie at all.
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2004, 10:08:53 PM »

I was sad to see FRIENDS end (though I knew it was time). I think FRASIER overstayed its welcome by at least three years. Had it ended sooner, it wouldn't have set that Emmy record, but it would have gone out in more a blaze of glory than as almost an afterthought as has happened to it now.

Last year, I would have agreed with you about Frasier.  It had grown rather stale, and simply wasn't as funny as it had once been.  This last season, however, seemed a return to the good ol' days, with the return of the original writing team.  I lost interest in Friends probably four or five seasons ago, and didn't even watch last week's finale.  Never did regain its charm for me.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2004, 10:11:02 PM »

One more hour for me and I go home .... with Bonnie Jean!
I look cute in my kilt, really!

The best part about being in Brigadoon a few summers ago... by far the most comfortable costume I've ever worn! :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2004, 10:18:28 PM »

Oh Thursday night.  I started to watch the FRASIER finale....but moved on to other things.  I liked the performers, but the situation was so strange, that a lot of the laughs were telegraphed....as if that doesn't happen anywhere on television.  Anyway....I think Frasier will do better in reruns as the years go on, but I really think Friends will fade away.

After all we still have I LOVE LUCY, but "staples" such as ALL IN THE FAMILY have moved onto TVLAND....and no MAUDE or GOOD TIMES.....FRAISER I think was more character driven...and FRIENDS got very tiresome in the middle of the run....but that's just my opinion.

TROY opens tomorrow!

1800 posts....I laugh...piker!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2004, 10:24:11 PM »

The best part about being in Brigadoon a few summers ago... by far the most comfortable costume I've ever worn! :D
So, which part did you play?

Tommy?

Mr. Lundie?

MEG?

;D

Jed

« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2004, 10:26:58 PM »

So, which part did you play?

Tommy?

Mr. Lundie?

MEG?

;D
Sandy Dean, the candy salesman!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2004, 10:27:03 PM »

After all we still have I LOVE LUCY, but "staples" such as ALL IN THE FAMILY have moved onto TVLAND....and no MAUDE or GOOD TIMES.....FRAISER I think was more character driven...and FRIENDS got very tiresome in the middle of the run....but that's just my opinion.
Good Times is showing regularly on one of the cable nets, not sure which one.  But it's being shown.

Panni

« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2004, 10:49:14 PM »

I just heated up some soup -- and it exploded all over the microwave. End of soup.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2004, 10:59:50 PM »

Well, if that was supposed to be your dinner, I'd recommend strongly that you go get something to eat.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2004, 11:09:24 PM »

Good evening!

Well, I had some more potato chips, and then I had one of those Eskimo Pie Low-Carb Fudge Bars.  Not bad.  Not great.  -And think it's mainly low carb since they beat so much air into it.  It was very light all around.

And now I'm practically becoming non-functional... So...

Goodnight.

*Oh, and when I was in Brigadoon in high school, I was the seller who sang, "Ale for sale or barter there, At the fair, Laddie!"  -Boy that was high!  Oh, and I also did the sword dance (since I knew how to "spot" during the turns - and we had a choreographer who happened to be a Scot!  Very good dance!!).  Hmmm.. I just realized, did the people in Brigadoon drink ale for breakfast? ;)

As I was saying... Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2004, 11:32:16 PM »

Oh, and I also did the sword dance (since I knew how to "spot" during the turns -

Haven't thought of this in years -- I was very good at "spotting" when I was studying ballet. Never got dizzy. Gave me a great sense of achievement - 'cause I was no Pavlova - but I was aces at spotting.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2004, 11:51:07 PM »

But #8? What kind of a position is #8????  Ohhh, the humanity!

Then there's #17:  the spread eagle!  (a Chicago reference) ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2004, 11:52:15 PM »

Sandy Dean, the candy salesman!

Brigadoon was the very first musical that I performed in (in college in 1988).  I was Angus McGuffie. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2004, 11:54:32 PM »

*Oh, and when I was in Brigadoon in high school, I was the seller who sang, "Ale for sale or barter there, At the fair, Laddie!"  -Boy that was high!

I don't remember if it was specifically Angus' part, but I sang that line also.  Yes, it was very high! :o
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 11:59:43 PM by George »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up