Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN I'M SIXTY-THREE  (Read 41755 times)

Laura

Re: WHEN I'M SIXTY-THREE
« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2010, 08:22:17 PM »

I think they need to refund the total amount, Cillaliz. That's just bad.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2010, 08:22:56 PM »

Dex put the wrong suite number for my office in my yellowbook ad.  I'm really ticked about it.  I was able to negotiate a 15% reduction in the price of the ad, but it's really irritating.  They did get the building right, and we can tell people who make appointments the correct suite number, but it's still irritating.   

Did no one proof the ad before it went in?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2010, 08:24:38 PM »

I'm watching a local newscast to hear what they have to say about this weekend's impending winter storm - just call me Chicken Little!  As soon as I hear the forecast, I'm going to bed - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2010, 08:29:17 PM »

They won't give me a full refund. they started at 5%   I wanted 25% and they said that's what they do for the whole address being wrong.  Frankly, the old book had my old suite number in it up until October and people still found me.   I really don't think it will hurt my business.  Everyone on second floor knows where I am and if you put that address on a letter, the mailman will bring it to me. Let's also say that I think the book is consistent with the proofs and I didn't catch it, so....I'm pretty lucky to get any refund at all.

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2010, 08:29:50 PM »

However they did get the right suite number on my bill.

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »

Post deleted

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2010, 08:34:47 PM »

The phone book that just came out has the wrong suite number for my office in my yellowbook ad.  I'm really ticked about it.  I was able to negotiate a 15% reduction in the price of the ad, but it's really irritating.  They did get the building right, and we can tell people who make appointments the correct suite number, but it's still irritating.   

That would be quite an inconvenience. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »

I will say the claims guy was really friendly.  I know a lot of people are cutting back on the yellow pages or only choosing to use one book or the other.  I do get business through the yellow pages and i know it so i'll keep an ad in there, it may change a bit, but it will be in there

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »

And I had a color ad for the price of a black and white, so the discount is pretty good

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2010, 08:40:49 PM »

I spent an hour on the phone with t-mobil before getting disconnected.  They did not call me back.

Were you on hold for an hour? or actually talking to a customer service rep?

I spoke to three different people.  I'm trying to get text messaging to work in the house.  I also needed to know how to call for voice messages from the land line.  Craig missed an important call today regarding a job possibility.  Now he has to wait until tomorrow to call them back.

DR Jane - If your text messaging works outside of your house, then it should work in your house. In general, if you can receive and make calls in your house, then you should be able to send and receive texts too.

As for checking your messages from a land line, the usual protocol is dialing your own number, then pressing # or *. That should bring up your voicemail menu, prompting you to enter your PIN.

Here are the instructions from T-Mobil's website: Calling voicemail from a landline
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2010, 08:44:34 PM »

The phone book that just came out has the wrong suite number for my office in my yellowbook ad.  I'm really ticked about it.  I was able to negotiate a 15% reduction in the price of the ad, but it's really irritating.  They did get the building right, and we can tell people who make appointments the correct suite number, but it's still irritating.   
Yet another reason why the Yellow Pages is headed for extinction alongside newspapers.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2010, 08:46:41 PM »

Watching "The Thin Man." Love the scene where Nick is shooting balloon ornaments off the tree. I've never done that. But then, I don't have Nick Charles' liver.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2010, 08:47:26 PM »

Just wanted to say goodnight to everyone.  Have a good Thursday. ;D

"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2010, 08:49:40 PM »

The vintage birthday cards posted are always the best.   I love them.   I've never seen anything but sincere warmth and best wishes.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2010, 08:52:41 PM »

I did not win the lotto.  Why in the world would I think that just because I was sick, that today would be my lucky day.  ::)

MBarnum

« Reply #225 on: December 08, 2010, 09:12:21 PM »

I went to dinner with my mom and my sister. We went to a Chinese place. I had lots of leftovers and I forgot to take them with me.

Color me grumpy.

John G.

« Reply #226 on: December 08, 2010, 09:32:33 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #227 on: December 08, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »

I went to dinner with my mom and my sister. We went to a Chinese place. I had lots of leftovers and I forgot to take them with me.

Color me grumpy.

Does the place deliver? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up