Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE  (Read 45494 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2010, 06:32:57 PM »

I also received a good report at the dentist.  The three of us went together to get our teeth cleaned.  It is nice to go to an office with three dental hygienist.  Yogi waited in the car for us while Sherlock stayed home.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2010, 06:37:13 PM »

I've caught up on today's posts, I've read the notes for the past few days, but I don't have the patience to catch up with the posts.  I'm sitting in a Starbucks doing email and listening to a geltoob of POTO with one Rebecca Luker as Christine and waiting for my next event (a penance service at 7:00) It's a lovely recording.   At home I have 2 Krtizerland titles to upload into iTunes as well as bk's "Hollywood Christmas" that came in the mail also. 

That's all I have

DR Matthew, I have the patience to read yours! :)

YAY! THE CLOSER is on!

I didn't mean to offend anyone on this site with my "patience" comment.  Sometimes it's hard to concentrate on anything  And at the moment, it was catching up on the posts. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2010, 06:38:21 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... It looks like ConEd hooked up a few more wires to the place next door. Alas, those new wires are still running from a hole in the street, across the sidewalk (there's a "hump" covering them) and through their front door... ???

In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »

It's snowing!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2010, 06:39:01 PM »

DR Jane - Wonderful Double Doubly-Good News about and for your Friend!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #155 on: December 13, 2010, 06:42:32 PM »

We were spared the "entertainment" tonight, because the rule is if school's out due to weather there are no extracurriculars.  The high school chamber orchestra was not allowed to perform tonight.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2010, 06:42:55 PM »

I've caught up on today's posts, I've read the notes for the past few days, but I don't have the patience to catch up with the posts.  I'm sitting in a Starbucks doing email and listening to a geltoob of POTO with one Rebecca Luker as Christine and waiting for my next event (a penance service at 7:00) It's a lovely recording.   At home I have 2 Krtizerland titles to upload into iTunes as well as bk's "Hollywood Christmas" that came in the mail also. 

That's all I have

YAY! THE CLOSER is on!

I didn't mean to offend anyone on this site with my "patience" comment.  Sometimes it's hard to concentrate on anything  And at the moment, it was catching up on the posts. 

I wasn't offended, but I was calling you on it! I will admit that I gloss over posts in catching up at times, but I don't recall ever missing a day's posts since 2004.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #157 on: December 13, 2010, 06:43:09 PM »

I've caught up on today's posts, I've read the notes for the past few days, but I don't have the patience to catch up with the posts.  I'm sitting in a Starbucks doing email and listening to a geltoob of POTO with one Rebecca Luker as Christine and waiting for my next event (a penance service at 7:00) It's a lovely recording.   At home I have 2 Krtizerland titles to upload into iTunes as well as bk's "Hollywood Christmas" that came in the mail also. 

That's all I have

YAY! THE CLOSER is on!

Don't worry Matthew I doubt you offended anyone certainly not elmore who followed his comment with a smiley face. :)

Jane

« Reply #158 on: December 13, 2010, 06:44:29 PM »

DR Jane - Wonderful Double Doubly-Good News about and for your Friend!

:)  I have had too many scares with her and she has had to suffer to much from this.  All this suffering could have been prevented had her doctor suggested a colonoscopy when she turned 50.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: December 13, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »

That's all I have

YAY! THE CLOSER is on!

Don't worry Matthew I doubt you offended anyone certainly not elmore who followed his comment with a smiley face. :)

lol I should have read before commenting.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2010, 06:48:00 PM »

DR Jennifer - Is it really that big a deal that the producers of "TAR" showed some teams who may not be in "TAR 18" after all?  -And is the list that you posted actually the "final" list? Even you note that you're not 100% sure.

Well to me it was a big deal because they implied that certain favorites would be back.  I don't like when people show one thing and mean another . Even huge fans of the show were confused.

The list I posted is most likely correct. But I don't like to know spoilers about TAR. So i haven't really been reading comments about the season. But for the most part I think it's accurate.

DR Jennifer - Well... Then why did you even bother tracking down that list in the first place? Just wait for the first episode to air to see who the teams are. This way you won't be disappointed. Right?

I do understand that you're a big fan of the show, but each new season of a show means that the producers need to generate some new buzz. -And if that involves showing clips of teams who may not be competing, well... -I'm also guessing that they're still filming this season, and they really can't show any clips of any of the challenges that have been completed so far.  So, just treat that "preview" as more of a "teaser". -And then just wait until February. -And by that time, most people probably will have forgotten which teams appeared in that teaser anyway. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2010, 06:48:44 PM »

We were spared the "entertainment" tonight, because the rule is if school's out due to weather there are no extracurriculars.  The high school chamber orchestra was not allowed to perform tonight.

Whew!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2010, 06:49:35 PM »

Sutton Foster and Joel Grey in ANYTHING GOES? Isn't someone the wrong age for  that show?

He's playing Moonface, I believe.

DR TCB - What DR elmore said.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2010, 06:51:05 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I hope you're having/had a good time at A Chorus Line tonight.  My parents saw the show/tour in Richmond a few weeks ago and loved it. -And Baayork is really happy with this cast too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2010, 06:51:36 PM »

DR JohnG - A bird in your ear? ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2010, 06:53:53 PM »

DR Jose, are any PBS channels in NYC showing Lidia Bastianich's Christmas special:  Nonna Tell Me A Story?  I caught it last night on NJN.  Lidia gets animated and sings!

Sė!

I believe she also just did a signing at Border's in Columbus Circle, and, apparently, there are some "Saturdays with Nonna" planned at Eataly.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2010, 06:54:37 PM »

and endure enjoy the entertainment by the high school chamber orchestra.

Oooh, JR posted a clip of them this morning!!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »

DR Jane - Can Sherlock still fit in that "tunnel"? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2010, 06:58:10 PM »

I think I might have figured out what's wrong. I will call the doctor tomorrow and try to get an appointment but if I can't get one I will go to urgent care.

I think I have an abdominal hernia.

Everything I've googled about my symptoms (I hate to make a diagnosis not being a doctor and all) makes me believe this. Now, I just need to find out if I need immediate treatment. There is nothing to "push in" with gentle pressure, at least not that I can feel, so I'll wait for the doctor tomorrow or Wednesday or Thursday.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2010, 06:58:23 PM »

DR FJL - "Another wilkommen and bienvenu" :) -Bravo!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2010, 07:00:44 PM »

I think I might have figured out what's wrong. I will call the doctor tomorrow and try to get an appointment but if I can't get one I will go to urgent care.

Everything I've googled about my symptoms (I hate to make a diagnosis not being a doctor and all) makes me believe this. Now, I just need to find out if I need immediate treatment. There is nothing to "push in" with gentle pressure, at least not that I can feel, so I'll wait for the doctor tomorrow or Wednesday or Thursday.

WHOA!

~~~~~GOOD HEALTH VIBES TO YOU, DR BEN~~~~~

Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2010, 07:03:21 PM »

Then that could mean it is in the early stages making a diagnosis difficult.  That is what happened to our friend anyway.  Fortunately he returned to the doctor when he felt something.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2010, 07:03:45 PM »

DR Ben - If you happen to be running a low-grade fever, you should probably get to someone sooner rather than later.  I have two friends who recently thought they were dealing with a hernia, and it turned out they both had appendicitis.  And my brother, Don, went through the same thing a couple of years ago.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #173 on: December 13, 2010, 07:03:59 PM »

HEALTH VIBES FOR DR BEN!!!!

Jane

« Reply #174 on: December 13, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »

DR Ben - If you happen to be running a low-grade fever, you should probably get to someone sooner rather than later.  I have two friends who recently thought they were dealing with a hernia, and it turned out they both had appendicitis.  And my brother, Don, went through the same thing a couple of years ago.

Very true.  I forgot you had been running a fever.  Do you still have one?  Low grade fevers shouldn't be taken lightly.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2010, 07:09:48 PM »

As soon as THE CLOSER ends, I am off to bed. Good night, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2010, 07:10:23 PM »

Barefoot guy across the street: I broke both my legs!
Me: Recently?
Barefoot guy across the street: Five months ago! I'm jogging! (Yells at his dog in German and runs across the street) She only speaks German but she never listens. See my scars?
Me: Wow. Is jogging really a good idea?
Barefoot guy: Yeah. I'm going surfing tomorrow. Are you from Arizona?
Me: Yes.
Barefoot guy: So am I. (whispering) I'm leaving tomorrow. I can't let anybody else hear because it's a secret.

Who was he afraid would overhear this secret? The dog? She only speaks German, and besides, she never listens.

Show your work.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: December 13, 2010, 07:15:03 PM »

I am being inundated with new members joining this here site, each and every one a spambot - I don't understand it - what if I was to approve them all, then what?  They're not real.  I just delete them as fast as they come.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2010, 07:15:12 PM »

Slow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2010, 07:15:37 PM »

Really slow - and not the site, but Time Warner, who seem to be having endless problems these days in LA.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up