Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CHRISTMAS SONG  (Read 46045 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re: THE CHRISTMAS SONG
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2010, 12:32:29 PM »

We also lost one of our JEWS AND BASEBALL interviewees, Bob Feller. :-(

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/16/sports/baseball/16feller.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=%22bob+feller%22&st=cse
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2010, 01:20:32 PM »

Thanks for the Ben update. I hope you feel better, too, Elmore.

I will feel better when that damned check arrives, DR Laura, or I see the person who's not sent it dead. Perhaps my good spirits over either occurrence will help cure my cold?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:43:08 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2010, 02:30:10 PM »

I am leaving with the EMS for the emergency room:  mum has a possible blood clot  which must needs be looked at immediately, the doctor has ordered a Doppler.
Prayers and vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »

Just finished a batch of cut-out shortbread Christmas cookies that I will freeze for about a week and decorate just in time for the big holiday weekend.  I discovered that I'm very low in the strength required to knead all the flour into the dough.  Do you suppose I could use the bread machine to do it for me?  Calling DR Jose...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2010, 02:31:56 PM »

I finally got last Sunday's DEXTER finale. So I will watch that tonight.  And I have yesterday's TOP CHEF allstars.
Can't wait for the season to appear on DVD, so I can watch it all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2010, 02:32:56 PM »

Just finished a batch of cut-out shortbread Christmas cookies that I will freeze for about a week and decorate just in time for the big holiday weekend.  I discovered that I'm very low in the strength required to knead all the flour into the dough.  Do you suppose I could use the bread machine to do it for me?  Calling DR Jose...

Do you have a stand mixer?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2010, 02:35:13 PM »

Anyone want to start a pool? 
March 24. But the reviewers may have weighed in already by then.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »

Thanks, Elmore, for the updates on Ben. I've been on a liquid diet before. Not fun.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2010, 02:38:48 PM »

Do you have a stand mixer?

No, but we live about an hour away from Greenville, OH, home of KitchenAid.  I've been looking for an excuse to go there...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:41:38 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2010, 02:51:42 PM »

* * * * *  Continued Vibes for DR Ben  * * * * *
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:53:25 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2010, 02:53:11 PM »

* * * * *  Continued Recovery Vibes for DR Michael S.  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »

! ! ! ! !  Interview Vibes for DR Jane's DS Craig ! ! ! ! !
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2010, 02:55:54 PM »

* * * * *  Surgery Vibes for the Son of DR Laura's Monarch Scientist  * * * * *
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2010, 03:08:14 PM »

I had a run of bad luck today.  First, I overslept (well, slept later than I usually do on days off.)  Then I broke the lid of a glass pumpkin jar that I've had for about 25 years.  Then as I was assembling a bar stool, I got a cut on the back of my hand on the sharp edges of the swivel part (the very part that the instructions stresses about its very sharp edges.)  Then when I finished with the bar stool, it wobbled. 

Then I went out to run some errands.  As I left it was lightly flurrying.  But by the time I hit the main highway, my car was fishtailing and the anti-skid breaks kept kicking in.  I decided to cut my errand run short and just head to a nearby Wal-Mart.  I shouldn't have bothered--they had nothing that I had on my list.

Right now I'm burning a couple of candles to hopefully chase out the evil spirits.  I hope I don't wind up burning down the house...
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2010, 03:11:25 PM »

Be careful, Dan (the Man)!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »

TOD:

Bette Davis:
ALL ABOUT EVE
THE LETTER
THE LITTLE FOXES
NOW, VOYAGER
THE CATERED AFFAIR

Henry Fonda:
THE LADY EVE
THE GRAPES OF WRATH
12 ANGRY MEN
MISTER ROBERTS
THE OX-BOW INCIDENT

-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2010, 03:16:42 PM »

I'm being careful, DR Laura--I'm just burning votive candles.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2010, 03:20:48 PM »

Hmmm...I wonder if DR Ginny is getting herself a Kitchen-Aid mixer.  I would love to have one but I dont have the counter space to keep it out or the storage space to put it away.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2010, 03:25:16 PM »

Back from a wonderful lunch with the best pastrami sandwich I've ever eaten.  Got a couple more titles in the works for Kritzerland, too, so that was good.  I took some sheet music to be Xeroxed (probably not ready until the morning), and I have to now make CDRs for our cast so they can come get them tomorrow.  Also, some of one of the releases is coming up for me to hear, so I'll be able to approve half that album by tonight - so things are moving right along.  And the phantom package finally arrived.

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2010, 03:26:47 PM »

DR Dan(the)Man, sounds like you should have stayed in bed!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2010, 03:30:22 PM »

Thank you.  His suit has been cleaned, he has new shoes, and today he got a haircut.  Now all he needs his good weather for the drive there and to really connect with the person doing the interview.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:32:58 PM by Jane »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2010, 03:32:23 PM »

I'm being careful, DR Laura--I'm just burning votive candles.

After the day you had, still be careful.  I'm glad you made it home safely, now stay safe. ;)

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2010, 03:33:22 PM »

You know, Blake Ewards was a darned good looking leading man back in the 1940s, before he started producing and directing....I loved him in 1944's STRANGLER OF THE SWAMP...of course it is movies like that which might have made him decide to give up acting.

(that's Blake in the middle)

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2010, 03:33:47 PM »

Mega healthy vibes for DR Ben and DR TD's mum!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2010, 03:34:18 PM »

TOD:

Bette Davis:

THE  STAR (1952)
STORM CENTER (1956)

Henry Fonda:

THE MAD MISS MANTON (1938)
THE LADY EVE (1941)
YOURS, MINE, AND OURS (1968)

MBarnum, you are one of a kind!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2010, 03:35:42 PM »

Last night I posted a joke link to a video by one Klaus Nomi, a performance artist/new wave rocker from the early 80's.  At first I thought the video was a hoot.  But then I as I looked at more of his videos and recalled more about his career (cut short by AIDS), I began to appreciate his talent and performances.  As a birthday gift to myself, I'm ordering this dvd that covers his career:

He was the Lady Gaga of the 80's.  It will only be a matter of time before GLEE does a show based on his music.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2010, 03:39:02 PM »

I am leaving with the EMS for the emergency room:  mum has a possible blood clot  which must needs be looked at immediately, the doctor has ordered a Doppler.

Health vibes to td's Mum!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2010, 03:40:34 PM »

Thank you.  His suit has been cleaned, he has new shoes, and today he got a haircut.  Now all he needs his good weather for the drive there and to really connect with the person doing the interview.

I wonder if it would help if you made some cookies or brownies for Craig to take for the interviewer.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2010, 03:41:27 PM »

* * * * *  Health Vibes for DR td's Mom  * * * * *
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2010, 03:43:32 PM »

I've just spoken to DR Ben. The doctors have decided to do nothing about draining the abscess after looking at x-rays and such. Ben says he feels better today and he is going onto a liquiddiet. If this goes well, they may try solid foods tomorrow. He remains on his antibiotic IV. There is talk that he will be released on Saturday or Sunday if things continue to progress.

I am at Toyland, feeling like crud, waiting to see Mr Skip Kennon, and wanting to kill the persons currently in control of my financial state. I did have a couple of productive hours at the McGlinnventory and we've now pulled most of what the estate owed to the LoC.

Stupid Question Time:  If the McGlinn estate is the one that hasn't paid you; then why are you continuing to do the work for the estate?
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up