Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO 2011  (Read 19284 times)

Ben

Re: COUNTDOWN TO 2011
« Reply #240 on: December 28, 2010, 06:28:52 PM »

I'm doing very well Jane. The snow has kept us inside and we are watching a TV4 (Britain) series called Dances to the Music of Time. We like it very much. We had to go out today to get some food since we had very little when we left for Long Island on Friday. We did bring home some ham and rice and jello and bread from LI but Anthony can't eat this diet just because I have to so we got some food today and he's fine. The diet is over, I hope, Thursday after I see the doctor. I assume I can stop because things are going so well. I'll slowly work regular food back into my diet. I'm looking forward to a bowl of oatmeal with dried cherries. I think I'll skip the nuts for a few days. We also hope to go out on New Year's Eve to our favorite restaurant. I won't over-indulge but it will be nice to have a piece of chicken that is not boiled and served with white rice and fake butter.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #241 on: December 28, 2010, 06:29:11 PM »

PAGE NINE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #242 on: December 28, 2010, 06:29:53 PM »

Well, time to fire up the old Sony E-Reader and continue with some P.G. Wodehouse short stories.

As our dear TCB would say

G'night

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2010, 06:31:51 PM »

Well, time to fire up the old Sony E-Reader and continue with some P.G. Wodehouse short stories.

As our dear TCB would say

G'night

And then, so will I.

G'ngiht!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2010, 06:36:23 PM »

DR Jose - sounds like you and Mary Linda have similar ailments.  She was supposed to drive home today, but is curled up on the couch sipping chicken soup instead.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »

I am in my Mom-cave watching Kennedy Center Honors.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2010, 06:42:35 PM »

Sorry to hear about DR THOM.....thanks to MR BK for posting the obit.  I guess that's why we tolerate him around here.

Vincent was 3D....LOL.....I had a feeling, but stayed far away from it......what an obsessed idiot!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2010, 06:43:18 PM »

I'm also fasting in preparation for blood tests tomorrow morning - all routine, to determine medication dosages.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2010, 06:45:11 PM »

Kennedy Center Honors gets on my last nerve.....so I usually skip it.  Until I get my medal, I probably won't get involved with it.

Last week I watched SUNNY SIDE UP on TCM starring Janet Gaynor and Charles Farrell.....that lively couple that MR BK wrote about last week.  It was an okay 1929 musical comedy......but both stars sounded like they had cartoon character voices.....some of the comedy was quite funny, and the songs were okay.....   AND there was a joke that Clifford Odets used later in HUMORESQUE....almost word for word!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #249 on: December 28, 2010, 06:45:36 PM »

DR BEN - I love my SONY computer, and will now favor SONY in electronics when I purchase.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »

I downloaded a KINDLE application for my computer - that crashed my computer three times - so I deleted it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2010, 06:46:35 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR HO-SAY and test vibes for DR GINNY.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2010, 06:46:37 PM »

And now I shall watch a motion picture on Blu and Ray.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2010, 06:48:01 PM »

I heard from another of the Promises, Promises pit singers (the original production) - Ilona had written her to tell her how she loved the new mix - Margot Hanson-Israels - and she lives in Portland with hubby Chuck Israels who - wait for it - was the bass player in the Promises band.  Small world, isn't it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2010, 06:54:44 PM »

Thelma and Zasu on are TCM right now....those dames are hilarious.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2010, 06:58:52 PM »

DR Ben I'm very please you continue to improve.

Feel better vibes for Jose, Mary Linda & anyone else who needs them.  Keith was sick through the holiday & is still on the mend.  So far I didn't catch what he had, only a mild cold which I kept under control with Benadryl.  It was a shame to be sick while Bryan was home and limit our hugs.  On the other had Bryan & Kate cooked up a storm. :)  Craig did some cooking and did a good amount of the dish washing after watching me catch my breath & double over a few times from shoulder pain.  All the activity made it far worse than it has been in a long time.  Doing less kitchen worked helped a little each day & today it is much better.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2010, 06:59:13 PM »

I heard from another of the Promises, Promises pit singers (the original production) - Ilona had written her to tell her how she loved the new mix - Margot Hanson-Israels - and she lives in Portland with hubby Chuck Israels who - wait for it - was the bass player in the Promises band.  Small world, isn't it.

It's even smaller!  When I was going to Western Washington University, I was in the jazz choir and Chuck Israels was the director!  I got to know him and his wife Margot and their daughter Jessica.  I graduated 21 years ago.  I don't know if they'd remember me.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 07:00:47 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »

And now it's home-heading time.

Until later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2010, 07:17:16 PM »

Happy Birthday Julie!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2010, 07:18:03 PM »

Due to my work schedule I do not get a lot of time to watch television at reasonable hours....

However the few eppies I have seen of OUTSOURCED, I have enjoyed. I also liked the movie
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2010, 07:21:20 PM »

Hi Dakota.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2010, 07:21:47 PM »

Small world indeed!

Jane

« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2010, 07:22:05 PM »

The Closer
The Good Wife
Big Bang Theory
Modern Family
Castle
Human Target

I enjoyed the last season of Medium.  I guess soon I will be saying the same about The Closer, which I'm very sad about.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2010, 07:23:14 PM »

National Film Registry names 25 films to preservation list:

Some 2,112 movies were nominated in 2010 by the public, then chosen by [Librarian of Congress James] Billington after consultation with the National Film Preservation Board and the library's movie staff.

1. Airplane (1980)
2. All the President's Men (1976)
3. The Bargain (1914)
4. Cry of Jazz (1959)
5. Electronic Labyrinth: THX 1138 4EB (1967)
6. The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
7. The Exorcist (1973)
8. The Front Page (1931)
9. Grey Gardens (1976)
10. I Am Joaquin (1969)
11. It's a Gift (1934)
12. Let There Be Light (1946)
13. Lonesome (1928)
14. Make Way For Tomorrow (1937)
15. Malcolm X (1992)
16. McCabe and Mrs. Miller (1971)
17. Newark Athlete (1891)
18. Our Lady of the Sphere (1969)
19. The Pink Panther (1964)
20. Preservation of the Sign Language (1913)
21. Saturday Night Fever (1977)
22. Study of a River (1996)
23. Tarantella (1940)
24. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (1945)
25. A Trip Down Market Street (1906)

It is an impressive list

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2010, 07:24:07 PM »

I also forgot to add Glee ( I fell in love with that show this year)
Big Bang Theory

and of Course: Doctor Who, Torchwood

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »

Sad news today - our occasional (59 posts) dear reader Thom Moore has passed away at 68.  He was a great guy.

I am sorry to hear of his passing....

Wonderful obit for a delightful person

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2010, 07:25:49 PM »

I also believe 3D Diffusion may have registered again under yet another name - a month or two ago.  I've now got my eye on that account.

She has a at least 15 ids on another board... It is interesting to watch him/her talk with themselves

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2010, 07:31:17 PM »

Yesterday's lack of lists was more surprising - surely people saw movies this year.

Actually, I didn't respond to yesterday's T.O.D.;  because I didn't see any films this year.  Although I understand that they may soon have "talkies."

I did not really get a chance to see films and I some I want to see have not come to Fargo yet.

I did see Secretariat
Julie and Julia

I want to see True Grit or the King's Speech but that may be a challenge since Mother Nature is preparing to bitch slap the area with two snowstorms

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2010, 07:33:20 PM »

Feel better vibes to Jose!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »

I thought some of Vincent's post were a little strange.  I figured he was some dear reader's weird uncle.

Oddly, when I read his posts my hair stood on the back of my neck
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up