Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HELLISHLY ODD DAY  (Read 12598 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE HELLISHLY ODD DAY
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2011, 09:40:22 PM »

PAGE SIX DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2011, 09:41:31 PM »

this morning some armed gunmen in skimasks invaded a house in my town - just a few blocks from my Mom's  =they beat the father's head (he was the only one home) with a pistol and demanded certain goods  Wi games, video consoles,cameras, etc - all items that the kids had gotten for Christmas  - the police are investiagting to see if there is a Facebook connection as the kids posted pictures of their gifts

scary stuff

Vixmom, that's terrible! :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2011, 09:47:42 PM »

Well, today has really been a day.  At work, I was obsessing about rolling over the budget into the new year.  It's all done through reports that I have to run...a report to roll over the vendors into the new fiscal year, then another report to roll over the accounts into the new fiscal year, then ANOTHER report to roll over the orders into the new fiscal year.  That's been the most difficult to understand.  There are so many options and choices and I have to try and make sure that it's all done the right way the first time because it can't be undone.  I'm just at the point of doing it and not worrying about  what rolls over that shouldn't or what doesn't roll over that should.  Well, I'm sure that it won't all be done correctly and there will be a LOT of clean-up, but it does look like we can fix things. 

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2011, 10:04:45 PM »

George I bet you know "stuck in the middle with you"

Well...it sounds vaguely familiar.

how about this one?

It has always been a favorite of mine   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSfOB8ANdWU
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2011, 10:07:47 PM »

In terms of these lotto mega-jackpots, I truly don't understand why anyone younger than 70 or so wouldn't opt for the annuity option.  In the case of MegaMillions you're probably going to bring in at least 7-8 million (after taxes) per year, and you'll end up in 25 or 30 years (however long it's amortized for) with a LOT more $$$$$.

once I have verified my win I will come by consult with you as to how to best schedule the payments...
then I will pop over toJane's neighborhood to make an offer on that house Jane posted the other day
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:12:50 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2011, 10:09:16 PM »

POOR MISUNDERSTOOD JOSHIE

vixmom

« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2011, 10:11:54 PM »

He wasn't lunging and growling  - he was attempting to wholeheartedly leap into the techs arms while opening his mouth as widely as possible,  in an attempt to assist her in cleaning his teeth

vixmom

« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2011, 10:14:46 PM »

In terms of these lotto mega-jackpots, I truly don't understand why anyone younger than 70 or so wouldn't opt for the annuity option.  In the case of MegaMillions you're probably going to bring in at least 7-8 million (after taxes) per year, and you'll end up in 25 or 30 years (however long it's amortized for) with a LOT more $$$$$.

once I have verified my win I will come by consult with you as to how to best schedule the payments...
then I will pop over toJane's neighborhood to make an offer on that house Jane posted the other day

Of course the private jet piloted by John Travolta will make all that  dropping in relatively painless - and I assume with my own plane I can skip the strip search....

unless of course I'm feeling frisky
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:16:34 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »

time to sleep with visions of bank vaults dancing in my head

vixmom

« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2011, 10:16:56 PM »

this morning some armed gunmen in skimasks invaded a house in my town - just a few blocks from my Mom's  =they beat the father's head (he was the only one home) with a pistol and demanded certain goods  Wi games, video consoles,cameras, etc - all items that the kids had gotten for Christmas  - the police are investiagting to see if there is a Facebook connection as the kids posted pictures of their gifts

scary stuff

Vixmom, that's terrible! :o

yeah pretty scary

George

« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »

George I bet you know "stuck in the middle with you"

Well...it sounds vaguely familiar.

how about this one?

It has always been a favorite of mine   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSfOB8ANdWU

I have heard this one.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2011, 10:36:22 PM »

Back from some dinner.  Rehearsals were fun - had to make some key adjustments and a few little arrangement nips and tucks, but it's going to be a very good show, I think.  We managed to get through about half of The Singer's show but from now on we're going to have to work at Boswell's house, because I give him arrangement stuff which he doesn't retain whereas if we're at his house he puts it right into the computer.  Then I went to Islands and had a burger and fries.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2011, 10:36:33 PM »

A very long day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2011, 10:38:58 PM »

I did manage to write seven pages and I'm about to write one more.  Tomorrow is also going to be a little busy, but I should be able to find a concentrated period to write.  That's all I really want - time when I'm not worrying about a million other things - that's why I loved last weekend so much.  I should be able to have a similar weekend this coming weekend, although we have to train the interim helper for a couple of hours on Saturday and I have to pull the charts for the March Gardenia show.  I'm hoping to get Muse Margaret the first fifty or sixty pages by Thursday so she can let me know if I'm on the right track and that she's happy.

FJL

« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2011, 10:49:55 PM »

Did walter Kerr actually have a rep for being a gentleman in his reviews.

George

« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2011, 12:09:39 AM »

Another thing that happened today...my sister called me this afternoon.  She told me that our aunt Mary Lou (our dad's older sister and oldest sibling) found out what happened to their brother, Charles.  Years ago (more than 30), for some reason, he didn't want any more contact with the family.  We knew that he'd gotten married but nothing more than that.  Well, it turns out that for quite a few years, he was a fairly well-known street artist in New York!  There was even an article in the New York Times about him.  When I found this article this afternoon, there was also a link to the illustrations that are referenced in the article, and even a photograph of him, but I haven't been able to find those tonight.  I (fortunately) saved the pictures at work, but I didn't bring them home.  That's what's taken me so long to post this...I was looking for those pictures.  I was able to find THIS one picture that he drew. 

And we also found out that he died five years ago. :-\ HERE is a memorial website where people have posted memories.  Aunt Mary Lou made the last post at the bottom.  We only found out through this site that he had a son, Sean (I have a cousin that I never knew about), who posted that he didn't even know that his own father had died.  He explains in his post.  I did a simple Google search and found this obituary.   

Weird day, huh?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:16:26 AM by George »

George

« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2011, 12:48:17 AM »

And now, I need to go to sleep.  I have to get to work a little earlier so that I can do workly stuff that involves the budget and a new fiscal year.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up