Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DIRNDLE DRESS  (Read 12099 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE DIRNDLE DRESS
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 06:38:08 AM »

The dirndl dresses of the late 60s are adorable - not like the traditional - short (just above the knees, with a high waist.  I know because I bought one as research and Miss Juliana Hansen modeled it for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 06:38:37 AM »

I'm up, I've announced, and would love to go back to sleep but won't, because CDs and helper will be here very soon.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 06:44:51 AM »

MICHAEL S-

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW.

BREAK SEVERAL LEGS

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 07:18:35 AM »

DRs Jane and RonP:

RE: the series finale of MEDIUM

I won't say that I hated it.  There were parts I liked. I did absolutely hate that they veered from realty and killed Joe. I thought that was awful.

I am so sad that the series is over.

RE: the series finale, I liked how Joe waited for her. That was so sweet and made me cry. I liked the final credits where everybody came out. BUT I HATED that they killed Joe. What was up with that? Especially since the real Joe Dubois is alive.

I didn’t hate that they went forward in time 7 years. But I did hate that we didn’t get to say goodbye to Bridget. And I hated that all that was a dream that Joe sent to her.

If they really wanted to kill Joe (which I wouldn’t like no matter what) then why not have Allison be a lawyer and have Joe be her ghost sidekick. That at least could have been interesting.

The very end left me with a good feeling. But the rest of the show not so much.

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 07:19:49 AM »

IT is freezing here today. I am afraid to check the temps. I know last night they said it would be -31C but that is without windchill.  Brrrr.

Amy

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 07:35:49 AM »

Yes, Jason Graae's show was wonderful last night! We always enjoy seeing Jason in anything he does.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:43:18 AM by Amy »

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 07:37:34 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  It's still cold here in SW Ohio and we had a dusting of fresh snow overnight.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2011, 08:07:07 AM »

DRs Jane and RonP:

I won't say that I hated it.  There were parts I liked. I did absolutely hate that they veered from realty and killed Joe. I thought that was awful.

RE: the series finale, I liked how Joe waited for her. That was so sweet and made me cry. I liked the final credits where everybody came out. BUT I HATED that they killed Joe. What was up with that? Especially since the real Joe Dubois is alive.

I didn’t hate that they went forward in time 7 years. But I did hate that we didn’t get to say goodbye to Bridget. And I hated that all that was a dream that Joe sent to her.

If they really wanted to kill Joe (which I wouldn’t like no matter what) then why not have Allison be a lawyer and have Joe be her ghost sidekick. That at least could have been interesting.

Yes, it was a strange way to end a show based upon an actual, living person and her still-living family.

But then...perhaps they didn't want to leave any questions open about whether there might be made-for-TV movies continuing the story. (?)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2011, 08:27:45 AM »

DRs Jane and RonP:

Yes, it was a strange way to end a show based upon an actual, living person and her still-living family.

But then...perhaps they didn't want to leave any questions open about whether there might be made-for-TV movies continuing the story. (?)

After seeing the real Allison on THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS in all her ugly glory, I'd say the series and the real woman have as much in common as I do with Rudyard Kipling.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2011, 08:29:50 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2011, 08:32:31 AM »

Busy, busy weekend. Had people over last night for the first time in ages, so I really did have to clean the house, at least a superficial cleaning. I need to start on a medium cleaning and work up to the deep one.

But the evening was fun. People ate the pulled pork I made plus everything else that they brought to go with it. I made a fire in the fireplace and that made the evening warm and cozy.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2011, 08:34:28 AM »

TOD: I clean up real good, I'm told, but my favorite clothes are a worn pair of jeans and a T-shirt or pullover. Actually, a pair of shorts (not those midi-length horrors that pass for shorts nowadays) or a bathing suit for the beach and a T-shirt I like even better.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2011, 08:36:21 AM »

MICHAEL S-

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW.

BREAK SEVERAL LEGS
Ditto. We want a full report.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2011, 08:37:05 AM »

Nice review of "Bukowsical" on TheaterMania this morning

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/news/01-2011/15-alluring-albums_33478.html
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2011, 09:00:02 AM »

Off to Lincoln Center. I don't like the opening time change to noon. When they moved it to 11am, it was bad enough. I want to get in at 10 or 10:30 at the latest and be finished by 2.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2011, 09:24:19 AM »

From Laura:
He died of pneumonia, which is common with older folks.

Also known as the old person's friend.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2011, 09:24:43 AM »

DRs Jane and RonP:

Gee, thanks for SPOILING the ending.

>:(
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2011, 09:29:15 AM »

DR Ron, regarding MEDIUM we felt there could have been more of the final scene and less of the rest of the show-lol.

Congrats on keeping your weight down.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2011, 09:34:36 AM »

DR Ron I'm sorry your gym, and a true landmark, has closed.  Thank you for sharing the interesting story.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2011, 09:35:55 AM »

We saw Antonia yesterday in the Riverdale Childrens Theatre production of The Wizard of Oz. She was wonderful. As with all CT productions it had ups and downs but overall the production was lots of fun and very inventive in terms of sets and effects and, as I mentioned, our own Dear Antonia was great!

:)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 09:36:31 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And... Oh... I guess it is Monday.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2011, 09:37:21 AM »

Oh...

It's currently 13 degrees in Central Park.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2011, 09:37:53 AM »

It was 4 degrees in the South of Jersey when I left my warm home this morning.  But now that's I've traveled west to a warmer climate in Conshohocken, it's way up to 9. 

I'm hoping that by 11:30 it will have warmed up a bit to 60 degrees so I can walk to Lincoln Center.

Umm... ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2011, 09:40:26 AM »

A dirndl dress is as redundant as an egg omelette, no matter what the eBay lister says.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirndl

;D  I hope Adriana doesn't wear one of those to school.

Jane

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2011, 09:46:43 AM »

Sorry DR Druxy.  I didn't think I gave anything away & Jennifer left a spoiler space.

As for what Jennifer said, I completely agree.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2011, 09:46:59 AM »

DRs Jane and RonP:

Gee, thanks for SPOILING the ending.

>:(

I took the RE: the series finale of MEDIUM for a spoiler alert.  Sorry you were taken unawares.  Hate that I spoiled anything for you.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:59:43 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2011, 09:47:27 AM »

Didn't Imogene Coca play Dirndle?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2011, 09:56:09 AM »

I found the story of the woman searching for her biological family, & found her half sister to be Oprah Winfrey, very interesting & moving. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_tv_oprah_winfrey

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 10:07:41 AM »

For anyone who may have missed it in last night's forum posts:

I've watched "The Uninvited" (Paramount, 1944) with Ray Milland, Ruth Hussey, and Gail Russell about three times this weekend.  Recorded it, again, off TCM...this time onto a new HDD-DVD recorder.

If anyone out there wants a DVD-R, leave me a private message and a mailing address.  I still have it on my HDD and it takes only a couple of minutes to burn a copy.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2011, 10:33:07 AM »

Thank you for the offer.  While it is one of my favorite films it airs often enough.  Recently Keith saw it for the first time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up