Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BLACKOUT  (Read 9246 times)

Ben

Re: BLACKOUT
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2011, 07:37:48 AM »

And here we are.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2011, 07:43:59 AM »

TOD:

DVD: Temple Grandin and maybe an early Lubitsch musical.

MP3: "Getting to Happy" by Terry McMillan

CD: Sondheim and more Sondheim (I'm listening while finally reading "Finishing the Hat")
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2011, 08:04:29 AM »

Fran Was Not Amused - that's the title of my new play about Frances Farmer.

Much as her writing amuses me, I find Fran an unpleasant, rather ugly woman. She was a complete troll whenever she came to the Drama Book Shop.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:08:05 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2011, 08:08:50 AM »

I won $4 on the Powerball on Wednesday.

Don't forget us little people!

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2011, 08:12:58 AM »

Lots of hobnobbing with the stars by our various and sundried HHWers. And I will add to that by telling you all that Ayub Khan accepted me as his facebook friend last night. Venetia Stevenson, on the other hand, has not.

John G.

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2011, 08:14:49 AM »

I'm really bothered by the fact that I haven't heard from my university in several days. I do not know if the residency is happening or not. I don't know if I am to take part in anything online via Skype or not and, if so, when. I guess I'm just going to do what I would normally do, and if I miss a message from them, I miss it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2011, 08:19:11 AM »

Page 3 Ayub Khan / Venetia Stevenson dance.

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2011, 08:23:11 AM »

I'd say that you have every right to be annoyed, DR JohnG.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2011, 08:24:13 AM »

Glad the blackout didn't last as long as it could have!

bk, I have seen trees fall for no apparent reason. The tree could have been stressed out or died of old age. One across the street fell and severed a roof; fortunately the owners weren't living there at the time. Also in my neighborhood, I was driving home one day and next to me a huge pine tree toppled over; it was almost as if the wind from my car knocked it over! it could be drought, something that compromised the root system or trunk, bugs...

When my oak fell in Marietta (gigantic water oak @ 20 feet around) it looked healthy, but once it fell we saw that it had been hit by lightening when it was younger and had grown back together but was a hollow tree. No cookies or elves were harmed...

Then again, the tree affecting BK's power may simply have fainted.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2011, 08:25:10 AM »

TOD:

CD:
Rough Guide to the Music of Afghanistan

DVD:
Some south Indian films that arrived in the mail yesterday.

DVR:
Last night's THE OFFICE and OUTSOURCED

Netflix streaming:
Al Adamson's SATAN'S SADISTS (was just reading about it last night in Gary Kent's autobiography)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2011, 08:25:26 AM »

Lots of hobnobbing with the stars by our various and sundried HHWers. And I will add to that by telling you all that Ayub Khan accepted me as his facebook friend last night. Venetia Stevenson, on the other hand, has not.

Someone has warned Venetia, lucky lady!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2011, 08:33:35 AM »

Fran Was Not Amused - that's the title of my new play about Frances Farmer.

Much as her writing amuses me, I find Fran an unpleasant, rather ugly woman. She was a complete troll whenever she came to the Drama Book Shop.

I've suddenly had a feeling....I can't explain it, really....it's sorta psychic-like.    I'm sensing backstairs deals being made in Indiana and Washington state....money is being bartered for services....something a bit secretive...skullduggery....

What can it mean?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:08:20 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2011, 08:39:35 AM »

My trip to the lab was quick, but today's tech will win no Miss Congeniality awards.  She did, however, get the sample on the first try, so I'll cut her some slack.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2011, 08:55:03 AM »

Isn't Venitia the daughter of Anna Lee and Robert Stevenson....and the ex wife of Russ Tamblyn.

Ms Ruth Buzzi accepted MY friend request yesterday.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2011, 09:32:57 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - very odd dreams.  I was in bed just about to arise when Gregory Harrison called telling me the rather astonishing news that Linda broke her ankle this morning.  So, today's rehearsal is cancelled and we're holding tomorrow to see what's what - then Gregory is canceling his Monday trip so we can get in a couple of days before Linda leaves.  We'll see what's what and re-block as necessary.

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2011, 09:44:44 AM »

BK, you shouldn't have made Linda practice those high kicks.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2011, 09:48:55 AM »

I hate blackouts, especially in my neck of the woods.  For some reason my particular block is tied to the power grid in Camden so that when they go out, we go out.  What's frustrating is that the houses in back of us are not on the same grid, so they remain up and powered when we experience a blackout.  Go figure...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2011, 09:57:29 AM »

I resisted 10 for a while after it first came out--it jsut didn't appeal to me.  I was finally dragged to it months later (this was back in the days when a hit movie would play for months) and the only surprise to me was that Bo Derek had more to do in the movie that I thought she would and that she held her own.  I didn't mind Julie Andrews but her being cast in that role just made everything very pat.  I don't think I've seen the movie in over twenty years.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2011, 09:59:58 AM »

I'm pretty grumpy today.  This has just been one hard-ass week and I'm worn out.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »

From TCB:
I would be interested in knowing what Keith thinks about the film.  I had zero interest in seeing it

He said it was ok & that I would not have liked it.  I had a wonderful evening with Mark Salzman.  The theater was packed.  I've never been to the high school theater, as one would expect in a theater town it is rather nice.  While not fancy it has comfortable stadium seating.  He was entertaining, funning, moving, pretty much what I expected & more.  He was not your typical author talking about his books.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2011, 10:05:18 AM »

Pain-free vibes for Vix-Gram.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2011, 10:10:16 AM »

Good morning, all! I had no vodka last night, only three extra strngth Tylenol,

With soooo much Tylenol I hope you drank lots of water.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2011, 10:11:15 AM »

DR elmore I'm glad you aren't hurting too much today. :)

Jane

« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2011, 10:13:12 AM »

I'm really bothered by the fact that I haven't heard from my university in several days. I do not know if the residency is happening or not. I don't know if I am to take part in anything online via Skype or not and, if so, when. I guess I'm just going to do what I would normally do, and if I miss a message from them, I miss it.

:(

Good luck it all works out for you!

Jane

« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2011, 10:14:02 AM »

My trip to the lab was quick, but today's tech will win no Miss Congeniality awards.  She did, however, get the sample on the first try, so I'll cut her some slack.

I'll take less personality for work well done. ;)

Jane

« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2011, 10:24:31 AM »

I hate blackouts, especially in my neck of the woods.  For some reason my particular block is tied to the power grid in Camden so that when they go out, we go out.  What's frustrating is that the houses in back of us are not on the same grid, so they remain up and powered when we experience a blackout.  Go figure...

I know only too well how frustrating it is to not have power while across the street they do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2011, 10:27:31 AM »

I have to completely reconfigure my day now.  I do have stuff to do, and certainly I can begin proofing my book, which will be good, actually.

John G.

« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2011, 10:34:05 AM »

I'm pretty grumpy today.  This has just been one hard-ass week and I'm worn out.
Ditto.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2011, 10:35:20 AM »

bad news about Linda's ankle. Vibes it heals quickly.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2011, 10:41:30 AM »

We're close.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up