Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THESE ARE NOT A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS  (Read 14747 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THESE ARE NOT A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2011, 04:26:44 PM »

When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad...........

Goodness, has Tacoma not washed out to sea?

der Brucer

Actually no, we have had the same good fortune as Rehoboth .  Nice to see you posting, derBrucer!

It is currently 61 degrees here.  Reports are warning us it will turn cold again next week.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2011, 04:38:11 PM »

DR THE VIXTER I have not seen or heard of this show/recording.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

The Vixter

« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2011, 04:40:15 PM »

That's ok. It's basically a sequel to Phantom, it's being shown in London.
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

Jane

« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2011, 04:41:21 PM »

Beware of America's latest assassins - The Girl Scouts!

Just two Tagalong cookies contain 25% of your daily allowance of saturated fat >:(

der Brucer

It is healthier, and less expensive, to just give them a donation than to buy boxes of cookies.

No, the poor little waifs are upset if you don't take the cookies.

That is your excuse to eat the cookies.  I have found they are very happy for a donation and it probably equals more in cash then what they get for a box of cookies.

Jane

« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »

Speaking of Girl Scouts.  DR Vixter I hope you feel better quickly.  As always it is a pleasure to have you stop in.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2011, 04:44:22 PM »

Hi, DR The Vixter - hope you feel better soon!

Me too!! I need to know how I did on my last math test SO badly. >_< Oh, by the way, my Mom asked last night, I think, but just wondering, has anyone listened to "Love Never Dies"? I'd like your opinions on it, siince you guys are really the people to come to about theater productions and such. :)

I believe that the presentation tends to drain the grasp of the thesbian.

TRANSLATION:  The show sucks!  (Personal opinion only)

*Laughs* Awsome way of putting it. But I'd like to know why you feel that way, if you don't mind? :)

First of all, I should say that I am not a huge fan of Sir Andrew,  I think that VELVITA is one of the worst Broadway shows that I ever sat through.  Actually, I have only listened to the show's music a couple of times, but I  have heard several songs on the radio and and on You Tube.  Basically, I don't think the score is very strong.  TILL I HEAR YOU SING is a nice number, but I can't say that I really "like" very much else in the score.  And the storyline is pretty poor.  I mean, hasn't poor Coney Island already suffered enough?

You should probably ask someone more "in the know;" for example, Jose.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:47:35 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2011, 04:46:08 PM »

Beware of America's latest assassins - The Girl Scouts!

Just two Tagalong cookies contain 25% of your daily allowance of saturated fat >:(

der Brucer

It is healthier, and less expensive, to just give them a donation than to buy boxes of cookies.

No, the poor little waifs are upset if you don't take the cookies.

That is your excuse to eat the cookies.  I have found they are very happy for a donation and it probably equals more in cash then what they get for a box of cookies.

That's my story and I am sticking to it!
“One thing’s universal,

The Vixter

« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2011, 04:46:16 PM »

Me too!! I need to know how I did on my last math test SO badly. >_< Oh, by the way, my Mom asked last night, I think, but just wondering, has anyone listened to "Love Never Dies"? I'd like your opinions on it, siince you guys are really the people to come to about theater productions and such. :)

*Laughs* Awsome way of putting it. But I'd like to know why you feel that way, if you don't mind? :)

First of al, I should say that I am not a huge fan of Sir Andrew,  I think that VELVITA is one of the worst Broadway shows that I ever sat through.  Actually, I have only listened to ithe show's music a  couple of times, but I  have heard several songs on the radio and and on You Tube.  Basically, I don't think the score is very strong.  TILL I HEAR YOU SING is a nice number, but I can't say that I really "like" very much else in the score.  And the storyline is pretty poor.  I mean, hasn't poor Coney Island already suffered enough?

No, I appreciate your review just as much as Joses. :) I'm just trying to see what people who are over the age of seventeen think of it. >_<" High school can be limiting.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2011, 04:49:40 PM »

First of al, I should say that I am not a huge fan of Sir Andrew,  I think that VELVITA is one of the worst Broadway shows that I ever sat through.  Actually, I have only listened to ithe show's music a  couple of times, but I  have heard several songs on the radio and and on You Tube.  Basically, I don't think the score is very strong.  TILL I HEAR YOU SING is a nice number, but I can't say that I really "like" very much else in the score.  And the storyline is pretty poor.  I mean, hasn't poor Coney Island already suffered enough?

No, I appreciate your review just as much as Joses. :) I'm just trying to see what people who are over the age of seventeen think of it. >_<" High school can be limiting.

When I was your age, I thoght that JESUS CHRIST SUERSTAR was pure genius.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2011, 04:49:58 PM »

Remember Sir Andrew's kitty that stepped on the delete button on his keyboard and erased the score? Good kitty.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »

I tried to give the Girls Scouts a donation instead of buying the cookies, and they were not allowed to accept it. The Girl Scout Council and the bakery don't get a cut of the cash.

The Vixter

« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2011, 04:52:24 PM »

Remember Sir Andrew's kitty that stepped on the delete button on his keyboard and erased the score? Good kitty.
*Laughing*

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2011, 04:52:42 PM »

Last night I watched the documentary LIFE AFTER TOMORROW.  I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
“One thing’s universal,

The Vixter

« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2011, 04:52:56 PM »

And now? I suposse you don't like it as much.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2011, 04:53:37 PM »

First of all, I should say that I am not a huge fan of Sir Andrew,  I think that VELVITA is one of the worst Broadway shows that I ever sat through.  Actually, I have only listened to the show's music a couple of times, but I  have heard several songs on the radio and and on You Tube.  Basically, I don't think the score is very strong.  TILL I HEAR YOU SING is a nice number, but I can't say that I really "like" very much else in the score.  And the storyline is pretty poor.  I mean, hasn't poor Coney Island already suffered enough?

I have the London cast recording and have only listened to it once.  I thought that it was okay, but not great.  I like the title song a little better than "Till I Hear You Sing," but I like the tune to the title song much better when it was used in ALW's show The Beautiful Game and it was called "Our Kind of Love." 

Just my 2˘.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »

Is anyone going to watch the British Academy of Film Awards tonight?  They're starting in 20 minutes (here on the west coast) on BBC America. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2011, 05:00:11 PM »

No, I probably don't like is as much now, as I did then; because I am able to see its flaws more easily now.  Still, I think that any medium that can bring more people to the teachings of Christ is a postive thing.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:04:55 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2011, 05:01:30 PM »

I'm sorry, but The Phantom of the Opera ended at the end of the show.

I was sure it must have been a wrongly-dated April Fool's joke when I heard the story would continue on Coney Island.

George

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2011, 05:01:37 PM »

I said that I'd record them for my niece.  I will also have to record the Grammys since TAO is having auditions tonight for Cannibal! The Musical!  Even though I don't have to go (I've already been told that I can just come to the callbacks on Wednesday), the director asked if I would go anyway.  Okay, I'll go.

George

« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2011, 05:05:57 PM »

I have never had butter on my pancakes.

How can you have NEVER had butter on your pancakes...unless you just don't like butter.  My friend Norma HATED butter.  She grew up with "oleomargarine" and when they had butter (which her parents preferred), she just thought it was gross.

George

« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2011, 05:06:17 PM »

Pancakes without butter - this is a concept that does not compute.

Ditto! 

Jane

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2011, 05:08:54 PM »

I tried to give the Girls Scouts a donation instead of buying the cookies, and they were not allowed to accept it. The Girl Scout Council and the bakery don't get a cut of the cash.

I've lived in multiple places and have never been refused a donation.  They keep it for their local group.

The Vixter

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2011, 05:09:36 PM »

No, I probably don't like is as much now, as I did then; because I am able to see its flaws more easily now.  Still, I think that any medium that can bring more people to the teachings of Christ is a postive thing.

Very true. I gotta try to find some more christian musicals to use for church related things. There's only so far you can go with Godspell.

Laura

« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2011, 05:09:40 PM »

They weren't allowed to accept it here.

The Vixter

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2011, 05:11:19 PM »

Hmm, I actually haven't heard either song yet. My friends show me all the dark ones. Of the ones they've shown me though, "Beauty Underneath" seems to be the best one. Or "Devil Take The Hindmost". Where did you get the recording, my friend would love to get that for her birthday.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2011, 05:25:53 PM »

Amazon has the CD.
“One thing’s universal,

The Vixter

« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2011, 05:28:45 PM »

Amazon has the CD.

Gothca. Thanks. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2011, 05:28:59 PM »

Last year,  I wanted to donate some boxes od Girl Scout cookies to the service men and women in Iraq.  They had said on TV that it was very easy to do.  Well, the scout troop by me was not very thrilled about doing it. I had to insist.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »

I'm sure they were very expensive to ship.

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2011, 05:34:42 PM »

Did anybody watch SNL last night?

Very funny skit re: Spiderman.

I also liked the one that spoofed British movies.

Yes, I laughed a lot at the Spiderman skit.  Loved that the settlement was tickets to the show
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up