Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HOMEWARD BOUND  (Read 12111 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: HOMEWARD BOUND
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2011, 04:36:50 PM »

Page Five?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2011, 04:37:48 PM »

Well, my co-worker, Ken (who has Fridays off) told our other co-worker that I was going to be taking Friday off.  She flipped out and said that she was not going to get stuck working alone.  So, she got her leave slip in early, and approved, so I guess I will be going to work tomorrow no matter what.

I hope your general good nature doesn't preclude plotting a nasty revenge.

der Brucer

Actually, derBrucer, I was going to ask you for advice.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2011, 04:38:56 PM »

I got home early this afternoon.  I had to go to see my doctor this morning so that he could slice open my armpit.  Yes indeed, it is the return of not one, but two MRSA attacks.  Both of them in my right armpit.  I had planned to have this procedure today, and then I was going to take tomorrow off, so that I would have five days off in a row to heal (and not to have to worry about not using deoderant on one side of my body).

Well, my co-worker, Ken (who has Fridays off) told our other co-worker that I was going to be taking Friday off.  She flipped out and said that she was not going to get stuck working alone.  So, she got her leave slip in early, and approved, so I guess I will be going to work tomorrow no matter what.

That rotten bitch! Kill her.

Okay!  That works.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2011, 04:44:58 PM »

TCB - Is there some danger to a woman being there by herself?

Actually, none whatsoever.  For years it has been an inside joke that we have to have one person there in case of IV-E emergencies.  That started years ago when one of our former supervisors refused to let us all have Christmas Eve off.  Her reasoning was, "What happens if there is a IV-E emergency?"

There are no IV-E emergencies, period.  But now that she went to our acting supervisor to request the day off, I feel somewhat stuck.  Basically having one of us there is just a courtesy for our three hundred social workers.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2011, 04:51:18 PM »

Unless it's a chocolate milk shake that comes "with" a burger (not a chocolate sandwich burger).

Ditto! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2011, 04:54:58 PM »

I got home early this afternoon.  I had to go to see my doctor this morning so that he could slice open my armpit.  Yes indeed, it is the return of not one, but two MRSA attacks.  Both of them in my right armpit.  I had planned to have this procedure today, and then I was going to take tomorrow off, so that I would have five days off in a row to heal (and not to have to worry about not using deoderant on one side of my body).

So the fact that you have a medical condition doesn't allow you to take time off, regardless of who else is working or not??  I mean, what would happen if someone called in sick that morning?  What could/would they do?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2011, 04:56:46 PM »

And speaking of my boss, his cousin, Steve Tanenbaum, who was killed by the New York slasher; was apparently the leading expert in Civil War tokens.  I don't eactly know what they are, but he was very well respected in that field.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2011, 05:00:47 PM »

So the fact that you have a medical condition doesn't allow you to take time off, regardless of who else is working or not??  I mean, what would happen if someone called in sick that morning?  What could/would they do?

Oh I could call in and say that I wasn't coming in, and nobody would probably care.  But as I said, being available for our social workers is a courtesy that we I like to extend.  I will see how I am feeling at 4:00 a.m.  At the moment the numbing agent is wearing off and it is starting to burn.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2011, 05:01:52 PM »

And speaking of my boss, his cousin, Steve Tanenbaum, who was killed by the New York slasher; was apparently the leading expert in Civil War tokens.  I don't eactly know what they are, but he was very well respected in that field.

You're the only Civil War token I know. Didn't you date Mary Todd Lincoln?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2011, 05:10:21 PM »

No, but I do have my "Abe Lincoln Slept Here" certificate.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »

Oh I could call in and say that I wasn't coming in, and nobody would probably care.  But as I said, being available for our social workers is a courtesy that we I like to extend.  I will see how I am feeling at 4:00 a.m.  At the moment the numbing agent is wearing off and it is starting to burn.

Put yourself first, DR TCB!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2011, 05:19:13 PM »

Could you be available by phone if necessary?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2011, 05:22:47 PM »

No, but I do have my "Abe Lincoln Slept Here" certificate.

LOL! And you wonder why I love you!

George

« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2011, 05:40:47 PM »

Well, I'm now off to the theater...to work concessions for "The Flapper," a 1920 silent movie with Dennis James playing live on the Wurlitzer Theater Organ!

It should be a fun evening!  Be back later!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2011, 05:46:13 PM »

Good idea, or go in late?

Jane

« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2011, 05:47:24 PM »

What do you do when your assistant tells you she won't tell you if she knows you're making a mistake

Did she explain her reasons?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2011, 06:01:52 PM »

I don't know what I will do.  If it hurts like this tomorrow morning, I am not sure that I can wear a shirt all day.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2011, 06:04:04 PM »

I don't know what I will do.  If it hurts like this tomorrow morning, I am not sure that I can wear a shirt all day.

If that keeps people out of the office and gives you the place to yourself, I say go for it!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »

Seriously, DR TCB, if you are in pain tomorrow, stay home. If things get crazy, sell the obnoxious woman down the river since her actions were purely selfish and rude.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2011, 06:24:33 PM »

Seriously, DR TCB, if you are in pain tomorrow, stay home. If things get crazy, sell the obnoxious woman down the river since her actions were purely selfish and rude.

She is kind of a wack-job anyway.  If the weatherman says there is a possibility of snow showers, she stays home.  When we had our minor little snow storm around Thanksgiving, she stayed home for four days.  When 9-11 happened, she stayed home for a week.  She said she was terrified that our building was going to be blown up.  I told her, "Oh yeah, that is how these terrorists operate.  First the World Trade Center and the Pentagon; and the next day the Social & Helath Services building in Tacoma, WA.  It is all part of their giant plan!"

She didn't speak to me for a month.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2011, 06:39:24 PM »

She is kind of a wack-job anyway.  If the weatherman says there is a possibility of snow showers, she stays home.  When we had our minor little snow storm around Thanksgiving, she stayed home for four days.  When 9-11 happened, she stayed home for a week.  She said she was terrified that our building was going to be blown up.  I told her, "Oh yeah, that is how these terrorists operate.  First the World Trade Center and the Pentagon; and the next day the Social & Helath Services building in Tacoma, WA.  It is all part of their giant plan!"

She didn't speak to me for a month.

Then send her down the river. Sell her out. Make them dump her.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2011, 06:39:54 PM »

I'm off to bed. Good night, all!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2011, 06:42:55 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2011, 06:49:50 PM »

What do you do when your assistant tells you she won't tell you if she knows you're making a mistake

Did she explain her reasons?

Oh she was all mad about a bunch of things yesterday. I think she was letting off steam, but it was this comment that bothers me.  I don't know what is going on with her.  I do know I seem to be working a lot harder and she seems to be doing a lot less

Jane

« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2011, 06:57:21 PM »

I hope you get the old Edith back soon.  It doesn't make sense not to let you know if you make a mistake unless you are, which obviously you are not, the sort of person who doesn't want to be told.  Mistakes have the potential to hurt your clients.  Does she understand this? 

Do you still plan on getting an intern?

Jane

« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2011, 06:59:22 PM »

Finally!  In the amount of time Craig could have driven to San Francisco he has finally arrived there.  I hope the airline can put him on the early morning flight tomorrow.  Unfortunately the only non-stop flight to his destination is at 4:00PM which is too late.

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2011, 07:03:05 PM »

I hope you get the old Edith back soon.  It doesn't make sense not to let you know if you make a mistake unless you are, which obviously you are not, the sort of person who doesn't want to be told.  Mistakes have the potential to hurt your clients.  Does she understand this? 

Do you still plan on getting an intern?

Right now, I have no idea.  I'm exhausted.  My shoulder has been hurting and I've only had about 4 hours of sleep every night this week, then she did this yesterday, plus the money still hasnt' come from the feds, so I don't quite know what I'm going to do. 

I feel like crap and I'm suppposed to go to the lake tomorrow to see some friends for a couple days.  I don't feel like going anywhere, but I have a feeling it's just what I need right now

Jane

« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2011, 07:07:42 PM »

Maybe fun time at the lake is what you need for everything.  Relax, have fun, have a few drinks (might relax your shoulder) and de-stress.

Have you tried ice on your shoulder?  It helps me.  I alternate it with heat which feels good.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2011, 07:07:44 PM »

Can't we more on?

"...more on..."?   Is this a play on words?    :)
I;m takeng typing lessons from Vixmom.

I';m so proud - he's commgn along wnderlfly
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2011, 07:09:45 PM »

Cilla, RELAX! :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up