Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS  (Read 16869 times)

MBarnum

Re: HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2011, 12:27:27 PM »

CACTUS FLOWER is a favorite movie of my buddy Mark. He made me watch it shortly after we met some years back...that and BLAZING SADDLES.

CACTUS FLOWER I enjoyed, BLAZING SADDLES I never finished, and never plan to.

MBarnum

« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2011, 12:28:49 PM »

Page 5 Maxwell Caulfield dance

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2011, 12:37:04 PM »

Thank you, DR MBarnum.  I'm off now to take the cousins out for some fun - Jungle Jim's here we come!  Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2011, 01:28:56 PM »

CACTUS FLOWER coming back to Broadway?  Oh dear!  That show seemed dated when it was new.  However, Maxwell Caulfield could make it more enjoyable.

Technically, it's playing at an Off-Broadway house (The Westside Theatre on 43rd and 9th). I still don't think it will do particularly well. I can't imagine why someone thought to revive it. Even with Maxwell Caulfield. I like him but I didn't like the play when I saw it or the movie, even with Goldie Hawn and Ingrid Bergman.

Thank you, Ben, I thought I was being too cynical.
Maybe somebody sees it as a cousin to "Boeing, Boeing."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2011, 01:32:56 PM »

CACTUS FLOWER is a favorite movie of my buddy Mark. He made me watch it shortly after we met some years back...that and BLAZING SADDLES.

I've learned not to force my favorite movies on friends. I like having favorite movies and I like having friends. Too many friends have made me watch things like the "Star Wars" movies (I stopped after the third, which is now the sixth) or movies by Steven Spielberg that I wouldn't seek out in lifetime and then they take offense if my mind wanders off or I start reading or gnawing off an arm to stave off the boredom.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2011, 01:41:20 PM »

I am back from Encores! with "Once In Love with Amy" to work on, so I will not be going to see Kurt Weill, much as I would like to, and I will most likely miss THE BARTERED BRIDE , one of my favorite operas, as well. The Act Two duet for the soprano and buffo tenor is one of the most glorious pieces of music ever written, and the Overture and three dances are pretty wonderful as well. I do remember seeing it in cincinnati; I hated the soprano and got into a fight about it with my friend Loyce who was studying with the same voice teacher as the soprano I loathed.

I liked THE CACTUS FLOWER as a movie quite a lot. I've never seen the play, but I have seen my old acquaintance Maxwell Caulfield, who's a very nice gentleman, in the nude (along with Sam Trammel) in a production of MY NIGHT WITH REG. Seems a hundred years ago now.

I don't think I have anything else to report at the moment.

Oh, yes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes to the family of DR Ginny! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2011, 01:54:21 PM »

DR Ginny, VIBES FOR YOUR AUNT AND YOUR FAMILY!!!

Thank you, DR Jane.  Her grandson is a trooper and is warming up to us, especially as we find more and more toys for him to play with.  He's bilingual, but shy about speaking English.  He understands everything we say to him and is gradually using his English more and more.  He and his dad went out to the hospital by themselves today, so we'll see how that went...

This trip and time spent with you is a great opportunity.  Maybe you can Skype with him once he returns home and keep up his English skills.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2011, 01:54:53 PM »

DR Ben I am amazed how pain free you are and thrilled you are doing so well!!!
:D :D :D

Back when I had my appendix removed, I had to stay in the hospital for nine days!  I asked my mom if this was because it was an emergency case but she couldn't recall for sure.  All she really remembers is that the house was blissfully quiet for a week.

It sounds like you had an explosion inside you. ;)

Jane

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2011, 01:56:14 PM »

My whole body is sore today.  I think my body tensed up when the docttor started shooting the numbing agents into me.  I needed a bullet to bite.

That will do it. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2011, 01:56:57 PM »

I never even had a chance to post this morning.  I got up late, then had to deal with all the CD stuff - all the US Gone With The Wind single orders went out, but the combos and Fear Strikes Out are so huge that they'll either go out this afternoon or tomorrow morning.  There was a lot of other stuff to do, plus I'm still not up to snuff - it seems to still be stuck in my chest and it's just hanging in there.  I really believe what everyone's got is the flu and I think those stupid flu shots did nothing but take our money.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2011, 01:56:57 PM »

Fr. Richard developed a cold this morning.

Oh.  Health vibes to Fr. Richard.

Thanks, DR TCB!  He was just bragging that he far fewer colds since he retired from teaching.

;D 

Jane

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2011, 01:58:16 PM »

Thank you, DR MBarnum.  I'm off now to take the cousins out for some fun - Jungle Jim's here we come!  Bye for now!

Looks like a fun market for a seven year old. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2011, 01:58:40 PM »

Then I ran proofer one's suggestions by Muse Margaret - we did a few and didn't do many because, as always, Muse Margaret will never allow anything to harm the voice of the book, even if it's more correct grammatically.   And I have to agree in every single instance, because the more correct version is always stilted or formal and that's not me and that's not the Hofstetter books. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2011, 01:59:17 PM »

So, all those are entered with the exception of two that I quite haven't done yet because I want to discuss them further before I figure out exactly the word changes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2011, 01:59:56 PM »

Then I had some lunch - soup and a sandwich and a few fries (the first time I've ever left fries on a plate - half, to be exact).

Jane

« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »

I never even had a chance to post this morning.  I got up late, then had to deal with all the CD stuff - all the US Gone With The Wind single orders went out, but the combos and Fear Strikes Out are so huge that they'll either go out this afternoon or tomorrow morning.  There was a lot of other stuff to do, plus I'm still not up to snuff - it seems to still be stuck in my chest and it's just hanging in there.  I really believe what everyone's got is the flu and I think those stupid flu shots did nothing but take our money.

There is no guarantee you will not get the flu if you get the shot.  They can only guess which viruses need to be inoculated against in a given year.  The shot will reduce the severity if you get the flu.  Soooo, had you not gotten the shot you might be in bed & not functioning.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »

Oh, Keith got the flu this year and I didn't.  We both got the shot.

Laura

« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2011, 02:06:14 PM »

Too many friends have made me watch things like the "Star Wars" movies (I stopped after the third, which is now the sixth) or movies by Steven Spielberg that I wouldn't seek out in lifetime and then they take offense if my mind wanders off or I start reading or gnawing off an arm to stave off the boredom.

I tend to shut down if people try to make me watch movies. Or most television programs. I stop paying attention and my mind goes blank.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2011, 02:10:19 PM »

My back went out on me in the middle of the Safeway store.  Personally, I think my back is a little old to still be going out on me, but what can I do.  I had to get cat food and cranberry juice, so I held on to the shopping cart and shuffled along as slowly as I could.  The  cat food made it into the house, the cranberry juice will stay in the car until my pain pills start to kick in later today.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2011, 02:14:33 PM »

Fr. Richard developed a cold this morning.

Oh.  Health vibes to Fr. Richard.

Thanks, DR TCB!  He was just bragging that he far fewer colds since he retired from teaching.

Perhaps he needs one of those hand sanitizer machines in the back of the church where he greets the congregation.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2011, 02:24:32 PM »

The Alexander Valley Pickle Barrels look yummy, but I guess they don't ship their products.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2011, 02:25:31 PM »

Health and recovery vibes to FR . Richard, DR Ben, and DR TCB!!!

Thank you, Mike, you could come up here and nurse me back to health.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 02:27:03 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »

CACTUS FLOWER coming back to Broadway?  Oh dear!  That show seemed dated when it was new.  However, Maxwell Caulfield could make it more enjoyable.

Technically, it's playing at an Off-Broadway house (The Westside Theatre on 43rd and 9th). I still don't think it will do particularly well. I can't imagine why someone thought to revive it. Even with Maxwell Caulfield. I like him but I didn't like the play when I saw it or the movie, even with Goldie Hawn and Ingrid Bergman.

Thank you, Ben, I thought I was being too cynical.
Maybe somebody sees it as a cousin to "Boeing, Boeing."

I would rather sit through  "Boeing, Boeing" with or without Mr Caulfield.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2011, 02:35:27 PM »

I am back from Encores! with "Once In Love with Amy" to work on, so I will not be going to see Kurt Weill, much as I would like to, and I will most likely miss THE BARTERED BRIDE , one of my favorite operas, as well. The Act Two duet for the soprano and buffo tenor is one of the most glorious pieces of music ever written, and the Overture and three dances are pretty wonderful as well. I do remember seeing it in cincinnati; I hated the soprano and got into a fight about it with my friend Loyce who was studying with the same voice teacher as the soprano I loathed.

I liked THE CACTUS FLOWER as a movie quite a lot. I've never seen the play, but I have seen my old acquaintance Maxwell Caulfield, who's a very nice gentleman, in the nude (along with Sam Trammel) in a production of MY NIGHT WITH REG. Seems a hundred years ago now.

So, Mr. Caulfield is only a very nice gentleman when he is in the nude?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2011, 02:36:33 PM »

I am surprised, MBarnum, that you did not like BLAZING SADDLES.  Any particular reason?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2011, 02:38:55 PM »

BK, did you ever track down a copy of your PETER PAN CD?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »

Then I had some lunch - soup and a sandwich and a few fries (the first time I've ever left fries on a plate - half, to be exact).

So, your chicken salad sandwich in Naples only came with eight French Fries?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2011, 02:43:08 PM »

Too many friends have made me watch things like the "Star Wars" movies (I stopped after the third, which is now the sixth) or movies by Steven Spielberg that I wouldn't seek out in lifetime and then they take offense if my mind wanders off or I start reading or gnawing off an arm to stave off the boredom.

I tend to shut down if people try to make me watch movies. Or most television programs. I stop paying attention and my mind goes blank.

Maybe that is why I disliked WAITING FOR GUFFMAN?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2011, 02:46:01 PM »

Well, I have driven every one away, except for DR Vin Tek.  Probably just hasn't read my rants yet.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2011, 02:46:09 PM »

So, Mr. Caulfield is only a very nice gentleman when he is in the nude?

I have never spoken to him when he's nude, but I'm sure he's charming then as well. Eat your heart out. ;)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up