Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: COLE SLAW  (Read 14089 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re: COLE SLAW
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2011, 11:08:59 AM »

I never cared for Cole Slaw but I enjoyed the television series of his brother, Burke.
;D

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2011, 11:11:01 AM »

Speaking of Faye Dunaway:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/02/21/flight-attendants-perform-mommy-dearest-prank-faye-dunaway/

::)

This is the same impression I got of her from people in Florida who worked on THE HAPPENING...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2011, 11:16:54 AM »

Part of an article in our local paper:

Havurah hosts screening of 'Jews and Baseball' film - 2/18/2011 ASHLAND — The Havurah at 185 N. Mountain Ave. will host a screening of "Jews and Baseball: An American Love Story" at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 23.

The screening will be hosted by Rabbi David Zaslow, who will lead a discussion following the film.

Hooray!

Edisaurus

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2011, 11:18:21 AM »

edisaurus, I did not like the faux pastrami at the Hat - I found it barely better than what they serve at Togo's - real pastrami can be found best at Langer's and Nate 'n' Al's and even Brent's.

I haven't had enough pastrami to know what's good and what's faux, so I'll have to check out those places next time I'm in L.A.!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2011, 11:39:50 AM »

It's been an interesting day. I accomplished so much at the library that I am exceedingly happy. As to Encores!, Joshie was happy to have a repaired piano part for "Pernambuco," but he had a room full of assistants, since he thought I wouldn't be in, and i was mostly in the way. On my way to Lincoln Center I stopped in to browse at the new Juilliard Bookstore, which is lovely, and I had a great time browsing at music.

Now it's time for lunch, a wait for the mail, and transferring my NYPL notes to the computer.

Has anyone seen the story about the corrupt juvenile court judge in PA who was sending kids to detention homes for small crimes? It's criminal. On last night's news I saw the mother of a young man whom he sent away for seven months for possession of drug paraphernalia (not drugs!) and who later killed himself. It was really sad.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110218/ap_on_re_us/us_courthouse_kickbacks
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2011, 11:43:12 AM »

Well, I'm not sure if the chiro will help me this time, but he always has in the past.  A couple visits and my headaches went away, etc.  We;'ll see what he says today. 

DR Cillaliz - I don't mean to alarm you, but remember I was treated all summer for "bursitis" in my left shoulder that miraculously went away after I had a stent put into my blocked coronary artery...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2011, 12:24:42 PM »

Does anyone keep in touch with Matt H? I thought I'd let him know about our Charlotte screening and tried the email address listed on HHW but haven't heard anything from him...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »

Does anyone keep in touch with Matt H? I thought I'd let him know about our Charlotte screening and tried the email address listed on HHW but haven't heard anything from him...

I haven't comunicated with him since the Christmas holidays but the email address was good then.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2011, 12:37:27 PM »

Sad story DR ELMORE....shocking....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2011, 12:38:15 PM »

DR edisaurus, check for my PM.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »

DR JRand60, it's horrible enough for a person representing the law to take advantage of it, but this creep was a total horror, sending kids on a joyride away for two years, ruining a young man's life, leaving criminal records for small offences. It's disgusting, and he should be imprisoned for a long time in a really bad place.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2011, 12:44:42 PM »

DR Ben - take it easy today!  I'm glad you returned to an empty desk and a light workload.

DITTO!

TRITO!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2011, 12:59:17 PM »

My reading for today has put me in such a foul mood that not even the bird can calm me down. And I still have about 75 pages to go. Ugh.

I will have to write a 10-page paper on this horror, too. That will really cheer me up.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »

I ain't got no pastrami.

I'm having to make do with a grilled burger on a grilled bun with grilled onions, mustard and dill pickle slices.

Oh, and skinny fries.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:40:31 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2011, 01:10:15 PM »

Miss Karen has broken her wrist and will be having surgery today.

:o

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for Miss Karen!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2011, 01:37:42 PM »

My reading for today has put me in such a foul mood that not even the bird can calm me down. And I still have about 75 pages to go. Ugh.

I will have to write a 10-page paper on this horror, too. That will really cheer me up.

:(  Good luck!

Jane

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2011, 01:38:56 PM »

DR JRand60, it's horrible enough for a person representing the law to take advantage of it, but this creep was a total horror, sending kids on a joyride away for two years, ruining a young man's life, leaving criminal records for small offences. It's disgusting, and he should be imprisoned for a long time in a really bad place.

I think I won't open and read the story, at this point I know all I want to know.  I hope the guy gets what he deserves.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2011, 01:47:21 PM »

How long ago did you write him?

Ginny

« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2011, 02:13:48 PM »

Even though I didn't feel like it, I just did my basement stretching/walking/handweight routine.  Now I'm all worn out...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2011, 02:22:57 PM »

If I had not need to go to the library chances are I would not have hiked today.  Lucky for Sherlock & me I had to pick up a book. :)  I still feel like I'm coming down with a cold so it is good I got out today in case I miss upcoming days.

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2011, 02:24:19 PM »

DR Jane - I, too, feel a cold coming on and will discuss that, along with several other issues, with my cardiologist at tomorrow's 6-month check-up.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2011, 02:30:02 PM »

DR Ginny I hope you receive an excellent report tomorrow!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2011, 02:30:56 PM »

Back from errands and whatnot and shockingly, no packages.  Ate a sandwich and fries.

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2011, 02:41:36 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane!

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »

Nobody expects the Spanish depositions.

;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »

Well, I'm not sure if the chiro will help me this time, but he always has in the past.  A couple visits and my headaches went away, etc.  We;'ll see what he says today. 

Headaches can be related to neck problems.  I'm not sure how the chiro can even diagnose your shoulder problem.  Just don't let anything be done you don't feel comfortable with.

Oh I love Chiros....always have.  What he diagnosed was that the tendon that goes from my bicep to my shoulder blade goes through a sort of groove the twisting motion as I tried to turn over when Ricky was laying on my bicep and my arm was over my head was enough to push it out of the groove but not dislocate my shoulder.   He messed around and thinks he popped it back in.  He also aligned my back and popped my neck....the shoulder no longer has the sharp pain, just a dull pain.. my back pain is gone.   

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2011, 03:07:22 PM »

Roger Corman is sending me a box of CHEYENNE WARRIOR DVDs (on consignment) to sell at the Festival of the West in Scottsdale next month.

I've already got mail orders for 2 of them.

:)

You can dream…or you can do.

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2011, 03:08:19 PM »

TOD:

Favorite William Holden movies:

Sunset Blvd
Apartment for Peggy
Rachel and the Stranger

I have no favorite Faye Dunaway movies.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2011, 03:08:53 PM »

DR George re: your DVR. Can you check it to see what is supposed to record?

Mine also sometimes decides on its own not to record things. But (mine is a PVR) I can double check it.  If i go to the guide i can see if the show is highlighted in red. IF so it means it will record. 

Mine sometimes decides not to record if a) they change the title (like top chef vs top chef allstars). Or if i have a show programed as from 8-9pm (sometimes if they change the time by a couple of minues it will not record which is why i mostly just put "record this show whenever it is on").

So i usually make sure the shows i want to record are highlighted in red.

Btw, you can watch the first 10 minutes of Castle online i'm sure.

Yes, Jennifer, I can see what is supposed to be recorded.  I have it set to record all new episodes of certain series, and the problem has been that a new episode (like last night's "Castle") just wouldn't record...for absolutely no apparent reason.  It's happened on several DVRs that I've had over the years.  I'd have plenty of room on the DVR and no conflicts.

:P is what I say to all that.

And I'm very happy that "Castle" is available on-line.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »

DR Cillaliz - glad to hear you have some shoulder relief!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up