Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: A PIECE OF MAHLER'S  (Read 12797 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: A PIECE OF MAHLER'S
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »

I just heard a pounding at my door.  I went to the window and there was a police officer looking in.   He asked if I'd seen any kids.  well, no, I've just been sitting here watching tv and not paying much attention to what's going on outside.  Anyway, turns out some kids set off a dry ice bomb (don't even know what that is) around the corner and the tracks ended in the street in front of my house where it looked like they got in a car and took off.  Sheesh, a dry ice bomb, people fleeing on foot then taking off in a car, then the police driving up and I didn't hear any of it. 

Be glad you didn't hear anything.  Did the pounding on the door scare you?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2011, 07:47:15 PM »

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2011, 08:02:22 PM »

Actually I wasn't sure what it was when I first heard the pounding.  I'll have to check my doorbell and see if it still works.  I can see out the window of the livingroom to the door and the officer had his flashlight on his face so I could see him.  It was clear to me right away that it was a police officer, but I did look to see his car in the street before I answered the door.  I was a bit cautious, I had no idea what he was going to ask me about. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2011, 08:04:13 PM »

It was a bit strange it was also strange that about the same time the officer was talking to me, my neighbor was driving by in his truck and a couple other cars drove by.  We have no traffic on this street.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2011, 08:29:08 PM »

Very rainy today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2011, 09:57:58 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?  Having a party with JMK?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2011, 10:01:01 PM »

Heavy rain.

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2011, 10:05:53 PM »

I'm here. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2011, 10:06:07 PM »

Can't think of much to say. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2011, 10:06:19 PM »

40% chance of snow showers tonight

Cillaliz

« Reply #190 on: February 25, 2011, 10:07:34 PM »

i'm going to a dinner party tomorrow night.  It's sort of a going away dinner for a friend. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2011, 10:16:10 PM »

Had a lovely dinner tonight with friends and a new friend I know I won't see too often: 2002 Dom Perignon. There was a wonderful array of wines, a Chablis, a Burgundy, a Bordeaux and a Beaujolais. I had a cup of wild mushroom soup, which was the hit of the evening, followed by a pork chop stuffed with goat cheese, cranberries and pecans. My favorite of the desserts was a lemon blueberry tart.

The restaurant was owned by friends who used to work at other restaurants we all frequented. And it was just one of those fun evenings where everybody enjoyed each others company, and the wine and the food and the wine. Did I mention the wine?

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #192 on: February 25, 2011, 10:16:48 PM »

It was a nice break from the dreadful reading.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: February 25, 2011, 10:21:45 PM »

Time to get some sleep.  Hope the houligans have either gone to sleep or moved on to a different neighborhood

John G.

« Reply #194 on: February 25, 2011, 10:25:17 PM »

Okay, I have a conundrum - a week from Saturday LACC is doing a benefit staged reading of Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman, with kind of a Latino bent - starring Tony Plana (from Ugly Betty), Elizabeth Pena, Esai Morales.  The director just called me and asked if I could come in and do a role - they were originally trying to have all Latinos but have had no luck finding anyone for this particular role - it's the neighbor Charlie - does anyone know this play well enough to know if it's something I should think about?  He's bringing a copy over for me this afternoon - it wouldn't involve more than a couple of evening rehearsals and it's just two performances next weekend, which I could definitely do - I just am always very hinky about acting stuff these days.
I would do it. It's only two days and it has at least two well-regarded actors in Pena and Morales. I don't know TV people, but "Ugly Betty" was a hit. Good company.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2011, 10:28:18 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up