Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BUSY LITTLE BK  (Read 12052 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: BUSY LITTLE BK
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2011, 10:53:28 AM »

I guess it's apropos--I have bits and pieces of JESUS CHRIST, SUPERSTAR going through me head.  I'm trying to shift to GODSPELL (which I prefer) but it's not working.

Some men are born to live at ease, doing what they please, richer than the bees are in honey
Never growing old, never feeling cold, pulling pots of gold from thin air
The best in every town, bst at shaking down, best at making mountains of money
They can't take it with them but what do they care?

Does that help?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2011, 10:55:13 AM »

!!!! Page Four !!!!
                                                                              CRANBERRIES!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2011, 11:24:21 AM »

Vibes for Elmore. I understand. i wondered about the same when I read about the recording.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2011, 11:38:30 AM »

Vibes for Elmore. I understand. i wondered about the same when I read about the recording.

I guess part of the answer is that my good "friend" really isn't a "good friend" at all. And the other part of the answer, since I learned it a long time ago from Rob Fisher, both with the Garrison Keillor show and his time at Encores!, is that I'm not a big enough star to matter to the starfuckers in the business.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »

Timeshare is sold, and in rather incredible news, letter from American Home Shield confirming removal of the bogus bill has been received.  Plus, the sun is shining.  Come out here, Larry, the livin' is easy.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2011, 12:42:01 PM »

elmore, you only have one REAL friend at a record label and he isn't in New York.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2011, 12:45:18 PM »

I got awakened by the ringing of the telephonic device at ten to eight this morning.  It was the publisher, so I had to get up and do the pricing stuff so the book could go off to the printer today.  We did it and then I went back to bed and awoke five minutes before Barbara Deutsch got here.  We had our meeting - she's written a book and it's time to get it published - based on the stuff she does as a life coach.  It's funny, irreverent, and really smart and helpful.  I think she's going to end up with the publisher I use (she'd talked to another but they didn't feel that good to her) and I told her that I'd make sure the process went smoothly.  Then I got her to make the best decision she's going to make - to let Grant Geissman design it.  That way, if she takes the fast track program, she can actually have her book in June.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2011, 12:51:32 PM »

elmore, you only have one REAL friend at a record label and he isn't in New York.

Well, shucks!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »

I have review copies of new BDs (sourced from PD elements) of two films produced by Druxy's former employer, Roger Corman, DEMENTIA 13 and THE TERROR.  Just for variety's sake, I also have the NatGeo series WHEN ROME RULED, which I started last night.

I complete the sale of our timeshare today at around 11:30.  No more maintenance fees as of noon!  Yay!!

Did You Get A Good Price? I have A Time Share At The Manhattan Club In New York (right across the street from Carnegie Hall) and I am Having a Very Hard Time Getting Rid Of it. Do You have any tips that You Want To Share?

We have/had a Worldmark by Wyndham, Arnold, which is a multidestination timeshare.  I did some research, found a bunch of places that charge a fee to list, found a lady who markets timeshares on eBay who offered me a fairly good price, but then I just decided to post it for sale on Craig’s List and I had probably 20 offers or so over the course of a few days.  I didn’t get a fortune, but more than I really expected to.

Thanks For Sharing

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2011, 01:42:40 PM »

FINISHING PAPER VIBES FOR DR JOHN G!!

Jane

« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2011, 01:43:33 PM »

DR George I'm glad the audience was appreciative. :)

Jane

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »

MONEY & REALTOR VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!!!

Jane

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2011, 01:50:39 PM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday To Occasional DR Sandra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How old are you now? Do your parents pray they will wake up and find you've left home?
Mine did.

LOL!!!

Unlike you DR elmore I'm sure DR Sandra is perfect, but then so is her mother. :)

Jane

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2011, 01:52:14 PM »

I can't seem to quote anybody.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2011, 01:53:17 PM »

DR Ginny vibes DH Richard gets enough rest & is pleased with his multiple services.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:55:28 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2011, 01:56:36 PM »

Hmmm...I somehow lost the book I had been reading on my daily commute--Erik Larson's THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY.  No where to be found, either in house or car, so I must have dropped in on one of the trains.  I'm in a bit of a quandary, because while I wasn't entirely enraptured by it, I do want to finish it.  Amazon is charging $8 and change for the actual paperback and $9.99 for the Kindle version.  I think I might try a used book store on the way home tonight to see if I can find a cheaper copy before I buy new one again.   Grrrrrr...

It worked!!!  That is because I finally said it wasn't. ;D

I wish my copy hadn't been borrowed or I would send it to you.   
The building Bryan lived in in Portland was designed by Burnham.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2011, 01:58:09 PM »

Hmmm...I somehow lost the book I had been reading on my daily commute--Erik Larson's THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY.  No where to be found, either in house or car, so I must have dropped in on one of the trains.  I'm in a bit of a quandary, because while I wasn't entirely enraptured by it, I do want to finish it.  Amazon is charging $8 and change for the actual paperback and $9.99 for the Kindle version.  I think I might try a used book store on the way home tonight to see if I can find a cheaper copy before I buy new one again.   Grrrrrr...

I loved this book! A creepy serial killer and the inspiration for the Emerald City, who could ask for anything more?

With all the talk about the creepy killer I expected not to like it.  I was pleasantly surprised & enjoyed it very much.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2011, 02:00:45 PM »

Jane

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2011, 02:02:43 PM »

DR Elmore - I'd already thought about driving past the property.  Also, the Saturday Journal has a realty section and I'll look there.  Do you want to tell me the realtor's name or company?

I know no more than I've related. This is all done by Macbeth and Randy.

I'm never consulted; it's always a fait accompli.

I figured I had better keep reading prior to commenting you likely don't know who the realtor is.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2011, 02:05:46 PM »

A very happy birthday wish to DR Sandra....and that birthday wish is that she would post more often!

DITTO!!!

Jane

« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2011, 02:06:12 PM »

And here is our Birthday Girl:

I LOVE THIS PHOTO!!!

Jane

« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2011, 02:08:22 PM »

I loved this book! A creepy serial killer and the inspiration for the Emerald City, who could ask for anything more?

Just don't read it while you're eating  :P

DR Dan (the Man), you could check out a library copy...

That's true, DR Ginny.  But I've yet to join my local library.  I'm still a member of the Philadelphia Free Library, but it's not convienient for me to get there. 

Time to join your local library, if they have the book available to read. :)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2011, 02:11:15 PM »

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everybody! And happy birthday to Emily!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2011, 02:11:29 PM »

DR elmore if someone is carrying tales maybe you should delete the post.  I'm sorry about the tale carrier & the friend who hasn't hired you.  If you delete, I will delete this post.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:14:51 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »

Congrats DR JMK!

Jane

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2011, 02:16:07 PM »

TIME SHARING VIBES FOR DR ARNOLD M BROCKMAN!!!

Michael

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2011, 02:34:08 PM »

www.fynsworthalley.com is no more. A sad end to a great man's passion and love for music
Never stop dreaming.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2011, 02:49:17 PM »

Hello, everyone.

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR SANDRA!

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DN EMILY!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2011, 02:52:49 PM »

Larry, what you said about the listing makes me nervous. Some cousins and I jointly owned some land, which we sold several years ago. EVERY name was on the listing agreement and EVERY signature was required to do anything. Did you give one of your brothers power of attorney? If not, you should be included in ALL decisions. You need to be very careful about the choice of settlement attorney/escrow agent (whoever does this function in Ohio). Your rightful share MUST be represented.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2011, 02:53:29 PM »

Congrats to DR JMK on his timeshare sale!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up