Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: EASTER SUNDAY  (Read 10012 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: EASTER SUNDAY
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2011, 08:59:08 PM »

!!!!!!Welcome to Page Six!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2011, 08:59:16 PM »

Hello!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2011, 09:00:33 PM »

Surprisingly I did not post that day. I wonder why.

DR Michael S - Maybe you were in Montreal? Or maybe you just didn't post that day? Or maybe you did post but didn't ready your own post? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2011, 09:00:48 PM »

Allo!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »

DR TCB - I think you may have seen this on Facebook already, but just in case...

Here are the Deviled Eggs topped with Fried Oysters and Fried Shrimp - and the Oyster Shooters (which are basically oysters served in shot of Bloody Mary Mix with (or without) vodka). -Those were "with".

*Just click on the pic to enlarge if you so desire.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »

this morning we went to a very uplifting Easter service - I was one of the communion assistants -

as Pastor said - we pulled out all the stops the string choir played a preamble followed by the bell choir - we (Pastor, the assisting minister and the four of communion assistants) processed into the church  behind the acolyte holding high the cross , two of us holding  candles on torches, the assisting minister holding the big Altar Bible opened to the Resurrection Gospel, one of the communion assistants holding the opened Lectionary, one of the communion assistants holding the Pascal candle and finally Pastor while the full adult choir  all 53 of them  and the congregation sang   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzy7jFNUc3w&feature=related

DR vixmom - For a second there, I was thinking that you were going to "RickRoll" us. ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2011, 09:11:23 PM »

One more day off....yeah.  I have spent one day sort of wandering around, one day completing a project, one day with my family and now I have one more day before going back to work.  Man!  I needed this.  Tomorrow I'm going to clean up around the house and just sort of do whatever I want to for one more day.   I had previously thought about painting the bathroom, but i can live with the way it looks now, with the wallpaper scraps and paste scrubbed off  until the weather is nice enough to leave the window open while I paint.

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »

I have lots of painting to do this year.  It's time to give the gazebo another coat, paint the deck again and stain the garage again.  Seems like I just did all that, but with the repairs to the deck and gazebo last year it needs it.  And the stain is faded off part of the garage.   Plus I still have one more room to complete stripping wall paper and painting.  Yikes!!!   Those are the projects I want to complete before next winter.   So I have about 6-7 months to do it.   I can do that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2011, 09:14:48 PM »

This year I'm doing inexpensive projects.  Just lots of elbow grease

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2011, 09:15:23 PM »

But right now I'm going to sleep.  Think I'll sign on and try to get a ticket to Elton John in the morning.   If I get it, I get it.  If not, that's fine.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2011, 09:16:47 PM »

As for Easter in my family...

It was never a big day, however, there have been a few years here and there when my Mom made sure that all of us were home, that we all went to church together and that we all had some sort of major meal afterwards. What I seem to remember the most are some of the elaborate Easter Egg Hunts that some of my elementary schools had. There was one - I think it was in Seattle - that had Hunts throughout the day for each grade. They hid eggs, candies and special "prize" eggs. Some of them were even those beautiful panoramic sugar eggs. -I seem to remember scoring a five-pound chocolate bunny.

There was also one Easter where I was supposed to place a plant at the altar before the service. The catch was that said plant was supposed to have been started from seed/seedling a few weeks prior. -This was when I was in CCD. Well... I can still remember placing a pot of dirt on the altar at church and picking it up at the end of the service and then having my picture taken with my parents, the priest and the pot of dirt. -My seeds never sprouted. Ah, well. -Of course, I could have "cheated" as I believe some people did, and just had my Mom buy be a small pot of pansies at the nursery, but... Well... I didn't think quick enough for that move. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2011, 09:18:54 PM »

Before the start of the Seattle Mariners game today, they introduced one of our Canadain players to the joys of Peeps.  His reaction was that they were definately an American invention.

I still remember placing Peeps in the microwave and seeing how much they would "inflate" as they were being nuked. In fact.... Hmm....

Of course, now there are "Deep Fried Peeps". -Thank You, Paul Deen et al.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2011, 09:20:06 PM »

And now...

I need to get ready for bed. I have an early start tomorrow, and a late finish. In other words, it's going to be a very long day. So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2011, 09:43:20 PM »

Just finished watching the deleted scene selection from The Fantasticks - it makes me want to go find my VHS and watch it the way Mr. Ritchie made it, because all the cuts (especially the numbers that were completely left out and the numbers that were truncated) lessen the film.  I think these sixteen years later, Mr. Ritchie did a fine job, and Mr. Jones and Mr. Schmidt gave him what he wanted. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2011, 10:02:08 PM »

Listening to the Camelot master - sounds beautiful.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2011, 10:10:40 PM »

Happy Easter.  :)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2011, 10:11:32 PM »

What a lazy day.

Took a walk in the rain this morning.  ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2011, 10:13:22 PM »

Just been listening to music all day.

Feel sort of blue.

Maybe it's the weather.

:)

Sam

« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2011, 10:14:11 PM »

Night all.

Mega vibes for the week ahead.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2011, 10:40:38 PM »

Just finished watching the deleted scene selection from The Fantasticks - it makes me want to go find my VHS and watch it the way Mr. Ritchie made it, because all the cuts (especially the numbers that were completely left out and the numbers that were truncated) lessen the film.  I think these sixteen years later, Mr. Ritchie did a fine job, and Mr. Jones and Mr. Schmidt gave him what he wanted. 

Years ago, a friend of mine got a bootleg copy of the uncut video and I vaguely remember that he might have made me a copy, too.  I wonder if I actually have it.  I know I bought the DVD, but I'll have to look in my garage for the videotape.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2011, 11:38:49 PM »

LOL....I keep watching the GYP WATSON clip that DR JOHN G posted yesterday.....so much fun. Now I will have to get out the CD and play it.
It does that to a person. The choreography just keeps getting better and better. And I love that line about "the Christmas music!"
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2011, 11:39:23 PM »

Just been listening to music all day.

Feel sort of blue.

Maybe it's the weather.

:)
Brighter vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up