Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: RICKETS  (Read 9563 times)

Cillaliz

Re: RICKETS
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »

So, TCB,  what do you know about the book I got?

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2011, 08:10:16 PM »

I reposted just for you

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2011, 08:10:45 PM »

That book is a terrific find, Cilla.  Congratulatons!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2011, 08:17:29 PM »

Thanks TCB!  If you say it's a terrific find, then I'm sure it is.  I trust your opinion on all things Titanic!

Michael

« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2011, 08:21:39 PM »

I tried to see Kevin Spirtas in concert tonght. He was doing the show that bk directed. I wasn't familar with the concert hall and tried to put the address into my gps, but the street for the concert hall was not recognized. I was not near a computer to try mapquest. This was the firs tine that this happened to me
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2011, 08:38:51 PM »

Aww, that's a shame, Michael S.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2011, 08:41:03 PM »

Back from the birthday dinner at Ruth's Chris.  Our work session was really fun - I have to say that working with this kid is more fun than I can tell you - and I heard her sing the song I wrote for her opening number and she's great.  We lowered the key a half-step so it sits better in her voice.  Ruth's Chris was amazing as always and I'm really glad I did a two and a half mile jog today.  I had the New York, a lettuce wedge with thousand island dressing, and a few bites of several different vegetable side dishes.  But the steak was the thing and it was brilliant.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »

All you Titanic fanatics must watch pisode One of DOWNTON ABBEY! I was hooked within the first ten minutes, And there are five+ hours to go? What will happen? Who's watched this besides DR John G?

What is DOWNTOWN ABBEY?

A BBC series, similar to UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS, writtien by the writer of GOSFORD PARK. It's quite wonderful. It begins the morning after the Titanic sank.

I think Dan the Man was the one who turned me on to the series. Viva Maggie Smith.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2011, 09:13:40 PM »

I tried to see Kevin Spirtas in concert tonght. He was doing the show that bk directed. I wasn't familar with the concert hall and tried to put the address into my gps, but the street for the concert hall was not recognized. I was not near a computer to try mapquest. This was the firs tine that this happened to me

Bummer.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2011, 09:21:43 PM »

I can now state definitively why Leslie Uggams could not remember the lyric to "June is Bustin' Out All Over".  She was still experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from this film:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Poor-Pretty-Eddie-Blu-ray/19618/#Review
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2011, 09:35:11 PM »

Here's a 15-minute clip of scenes from the original "On a Clear Day ...," proof that Barbara Harris will never have an equal.

http://www.theatreaficionado.com/2011/04/barbara-harris-in-on-a-clear-day-you-can-see-forever.html
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2011, 09:39:54 PM »

Here's a 15-minute clip of scenes from the original "On a Clear Day ...," proof that Barbara Harris will never have an equal.

http://www.theatreaficionado.com/2011/04/barbara-harris-in-on-a-clear-day-you-can-see-forever.html

John, I believe you asked about my infamous Uncle Charlie the other day.  My *other* infamous Uncle, the convicted Soviet spy (no, I'm not joking), rented to Barbara for many, many years.  I've told this before but before you were here--when he died and we went back to NYC to close out his estate, we found a locked cabinet that we assumed had rent checks or some valuables in it.  When we got it open, out poured literally hundreds of press photos of Barbara, many of them signed.  It was truly bizarre.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2011, 09:42:10 PM »

John, I believe you asked about my infamous Uncle Charlie the other day.  My *other* infamous Uncle, the convicted Soviet spy (no, I'm not joking), rented to Barbara for many, many years.  I've told this before but before you were here--when he died and we went back to NYC to close out his estate, we found a locked cabinet that we assumed had rent checks or some valuables in it.  When we got it open, out poured literally hundreds of press photos of Barbara, many of them signed.  It was truly bizarre.
What a great story.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2011, 09:44:40 PM »

I had a great uncle in Germany who was a fanatic about Mussolini. He used to make pilgrimages to Benito's widow and sons. They found as deranged as the rest of us did. But he would not be moved in his admiration of the man.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »

The new book is already up at amazon and barnesandnoble.com.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2011, 09:56:52 PM »

Yes DR JANE - I am a Titanic fanatic.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2011, 10:00:55 PM »

I don't think I knew that, Jrand

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2011, 10:34:23 PM »

We're still on page five?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up