Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MONDAY MADNESS  (Read 41287 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: MONDAY MADNESS
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2011, 05:49:22 PM »

Hi everyone!!!  I have decided to re-join the human race which is HHW.

On Sunday, I moved into my new apartment in  Foster City, CA.  and a new beginning has begun.

So, now that I'm settled and have my computer much more accessible, so I'll be able to check in more and join in on the laughter and merriment that is HHW.

The events of the last 2 months will be in the memoirs, or in a cabaret act if bk is interested in directing it!!

It's so lovely to be back.  :)

DR Matthew! Good to see you in better spirits. Welcome back.
Welcome back times two.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2011, 05:49:23 PM »

very nice cilla!!!  maybe those lawyers don't meet your standards.

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2011, 05:51:36 PM »

Ah, thanks Jane.

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2011, 05:52:11 PM »

Welcome back DR Matthew. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2011, 05:52:38 PM »

Kirstie is definitely losing weight

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2011, 05:52:57 PM »

I can really see it in her shoulders and arms

John G.

« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2011, 05:54:04 PM »

Well, I found my car today. No wandering through endless parking lots. But I made a wrong turn out of the campus and added 25 minutes to my return trip.

The building is as large as the Pentagon from what I'm told. It feels endless, like some sort of airport terminal that stretches on forever. There are even carts to carry people around.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2011, 05:54:25 PM »

Kirstie is definitely losing weight
Yes, but can she dance? I haven't seen her. I really don't know.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2011, 05:56:28 PM »

That's nice, Cillaliz.  :)

Jane

« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2011, 06:10:11 PM »

john good luck finding your way around the mega sized complex. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2011, 06:11:32 PM »

Thanks Laura.  She was one of my favorites, someone I believed really needed and deserved a break and I got it for her.  It was very satisfying

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2011, 06:11:51 PM »

it only took 8 attempts before i was able to post that

DR Jane - Is it possible that you just need to push your mouse button/keyboard a little harder?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2011, 06:14:02 PM »

OK, so I have a mattress and box spring to get rid of.  In good shape practically new....well the cats snagged it a bit over the winter.  Anyway, there was an article on the front page of the paper from three people looking for donations of new and slightly used mattresses to donate to people who don't have beds.  SO....I called yesterday, I emailed yesterday, I called today, I emailed today. Nothing.  No answer. NADA.  It irritates me.  Don't get a cover story one day soliciting donations and then not respond when someone tries to donate.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2011, 06:14:35 PM »

DR Jane, I bet that cat could push your mouse button for you ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2011, 06:31:27 PM »

Last night, I went to and participated in a reading of "All the World's a Grave," a "new" Shakespeare play by John Reed (he took several Shakespeare plays, mixed and matched speeches and scenes and created a relatively new story).  It was long.  I got there at about 7:00 pm.  We started reading at about 7:20 and finished at 10:40! :P The consensus was that it was too long and there was a lot that didn't need to be there and it essentially ended up being a white version of Othello.  It was disappointing to our director, Pug.  She was hoping that it would've been better...and funnier.  They're now thinking of creating their own mash-up of two (or three, at the most) stories.  We'll see what happens.  They need something cheap, and since Shakespeare's in the public domain, it can't get cheaper than that.

George, be sure and tell Pug that I am working on a musical version of MERCHANT OF VENICE using the music of The Beatles.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »

Last night, I went to and participated in a reading of "All the World's a Grave," a "new" Shakespeare play by John Reed (he took several Shakespeare plays, mixed and matched speeches and scenes and created a relatively new story).  It was long.  I got there at about 7:00 pm.  We started reading at about 7:20 and finished at 10:40! :P The consensus was that it was too long and there was a lot that didn't need to be there and it essentially ended up being a white version of Othello.  It was disappointing to our director, Pug.  She was hoping that it would've been better...and funnier.  They're now thinking of creating their own mash-up of two (or three, at the most) stories.  We'll see what happens.  They need something cheap, and since Shakespeare's in the public domain, it can't get cheaper than that.

George, be sure and tell Pug that I am working on a musical version of MERCHANT OF VENICE using the music of The Beatles.

I will! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »

So, I got to Toyland, and I was checking out all the rooms when this man walked into the office and scared the hell out of me. Turns out it was our cleaning man Arnold, who's got a set of keys, but he was there on Friday cleaning when I arrived so he wasn't there to tidy.

He said he was looking for a phone number he thought he'd left on the piano. I hadn't moved anything so, I know nothing about a misplaced phone number. He said he'd left it on the piano with his keys, but he took the keys with him when he left on Friday. Why didn't he take the phone number? Or is he coming in and out of the offiice for other reasons?

It has me puzzled and a bit freaked.

My vote is "other reasons."
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2011, 06:42:49 PM »

Jerry Lewis' announcement that he will only be on hand to sing You'll Never Walk Alone this year reminds me of one of my favorite stories from Betsy's news anchoring career.

She worked at two huge Chicago stations that were so big the anchors didn't write their own copy.  She got handed copy at the last second one day as the Jerry Lewis Telethon was shutting down for the year, and the news writer had finished the story with this classic line:  Jerry Lewis closed the telethon with an emotional rendition of You'll Never Walk Again.

ROTFLMAO!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2011, 06:45:36 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2011, 06:52:59 PM »

― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2011, 06:58:37 PM »

Dear DR John G.,

Please post some recipes for zucchini and yellow squash on your food blog. Thank you.

Sincerely,
DR Laura

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »

But now, I must go to bed.  I'm taking my car in for its annual service.  I use my income tax refund to pay for it.  Hopefully, it won't cost more than what I have left. ::)

I've been dropped off at work and the estimate for the servicing (this year) is less than half of what it usually has been!  I'm very happy now! :D

Well...I got a call and it's not going to be half of what it usually has been. :P They found a couple of leaks and it'll cost more than the original estimate, but still a little less than previous years' costs.  It needs to be done BUT they need it overnight, so I'll walk home tonight and will walk to work tomorrow (good thing I live so close to work).  Which means that it's time for me to walk home now.

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2011, 07:10:18 PM »

? jose (i did attempt to quote your comment)  no, it shows motion trying to make a connection.

Jane

« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2011, 07:10:49 PM »

plus i hear a click when i click on my mouse.

Jane

« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2011, 07:12:31 PM »

DR Jane, I bet that cat could push your mouse button for you ;)

;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2011, 07:23:05 PM »

? jose (i did attempt to quote your comment)  no, it shows motion trying to make a connection.

DR Jane - Maybe you have some sort of "slowness" with your internet connection.

-Which browser are you using?

-And depending how you have programmed your mouse buttons, it can be possible to click "too long".
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2011, 07:42:32 PM »

Dear DR John G.,

Please post some recipes for zucchini and yellow squash on your food blog. Thank you.

Sincerely,
DR Laura

Here are a few that we have run. I haven't seen zucchini in our farmers markets yet, but I'm sure we'll more run recipes in the near future. And thanks for asking:

Zucchini Salad over Roasted Tuna (you can do the salad by itself):

http://www.savorsa.com/2011/03/zucchini-salad-crowns-jamie-olivers-tuna-on-roasted-salsa/

Enchiladas Compuestas (With Vegetables)

http://www.savorsa.com/2010/11/enchiladas-compuestas-with-vegetables/

Pasta with Zucchini

http://www.savorsa.com/2010/07/a-quick-pasta-dish-packed-with-summer-flavors/

My favorite, a zucchini cobbler (not sweet)

http://www.savorsa.com/2010/06/griffin-to-go-yes-its-a-cobbler-and-its-made-with-zucchini/

Raw Tomato Lasagna

http://www.savorsa.com/2009/10/raw-tomato-lasagna-makes-for-a-colorful-centerpiece/
― Voltaire

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2011, 07:48:59 PM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2011, 07:49:32 PM »

Let's all go out and play  ;D ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2011, 07:51:18 PM »

No one in CA cares about Arnold.   He's just history to us.   8)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up