Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WACKY WEDNESDAY  (Read 42006 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WACKY WEDNESDAY
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2011, 03:58:59 PM »

I am so angry right now I could eat a pork rind.  I heard from the Nudie guy - no one has called yet.  So, I called the trucking bookers - my guy is off today, so I got another guy on the phone and he pulled up the info and told me - WAIT FOR THIS - THAT THIS STUPID, IGNORANT, PECKERWOOD FROM YESTERDAY PUT THE PICK UP DATE AS MAY 23RD!!!  I went ballistic and the guy is trying to do damage control right now and see if anyone can do it today.  If not, then we have to go through this entire thing again regarding Monday.

UPDATE: The guy worked a miracle and the stuff will be picked up by six and to me on Monday.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2011, 04:02:20 PM »

I love Reese Peanut butter cups. And i love white chocolate. But i cannot see putting them together.

Although just today i lost my tastebuds. So i wouldn't be able to taste it.

It does interest me though. Anybody else try it?

I have never seen the white kit kats either.

If you can find them, they are both very good!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2011, 04:12:17 PM »

Stopping by to say hello.

Still unemployed and starting to feel really down. More rejects than interviews.

I keep hoping something good will happen but my optimism is fading

I'm sorry how hard this is for you.  It is nice to see you posting :)
JOB VIBES!!!

Jane

« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2011, 04:13:13 PM »

Hello, DR dakotacelt! I am so sorry that things contiinue to be the wrong end of the stick for you. we can't do much, but we can offer positive wishes and a place not to feel lonesome.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Positive Employment, Emotional, and Encouragement Vibes for DR dakotacelt! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DITTO!!!!

Jane

« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2011, 04:14:38 PM »

I still feel so crappy. But my sore throat has now turned into a very runny nose and a cough. So maybe this is progressing? Not sure.

But I feel so bad. This is the worst illness i've had in so long. First the fever. Then the sore throat. And now the constantly running nose and cough.  Yuck!

DR Jennifer - Sounds like you should go see a doctor.

Now no more cough or sore throat just a runny nose and head cold. I feel like it's running its course. Doctors here do not like to give antibiotics. And even though i feel like crap i don't know that i need them.

Everyone in my family has been really sick. So it's going around. :(

As long as your throat is better & your chest is clear you are more likely to catch something else if you go to the doctor.

Laura

« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2011, 04:15:47 PM »

I'm glad you got it figured out, BK. Even if I brought it to you, it wouldn't have been before next Tuesday.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2011, 04:16:01 PM »

2 hour season finale of THE MENTALIST tonight at 9pm.

thanks.  i didn't realize it was 2 hours & will be sure to begin watching it, when we finally do, at a reasonable time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2011, 04:23:04 PM »

I'm glad you got it figured out, BK. Even if I brought it to you, it wouldn't have been before next Tuesday.

Well, we'll see if it all happens as it should - if not, I may be e-mailing you.  There's no time issue in terms of when it gets here, really.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »

Since we're now announcing in the morning, I think I'll do our head's up right now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2011, 04:29:08 PM »

You know the drill - it's 19.98 plus 3.75 shipping (23.73) via paypal to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.  Or just wait till morning and order through the site.  This is seriously gorgeous, stunning music from Pino Donaggio.

Kritzerland is proud to present a new limited edition soundtrack: 

THE BERLIN AFFAIR
Music Composed by Pino Donaggio

In 1974, director Liliana Cavani made the extremely controversial film The Night Porter, which divided critics and audiences all over the world.  A decade later, she was back with The Berlin Affair (based on the novel The Buddhist Cross by Junichiro Tanazaki), which, while not as controversial as The Night Porter, still explored hotbed topics of sexuality and homosexuality, race, jealousy, torment, deception, betrayal, all set in 1938 Berlin and involving a Nazi official, his wife, the daughter of the Japanese Ambassador, an art teacher, all of whose lives intertwine in ultimately destructive ways.  The cast was excellent, with German actress Gudrun Landgrebe elegant and beautiful as Louise, Kevin McNally as her husband, and alluring Mio Takaki as the object of many people’s desires.  The film was beautifully photographed by Dante Spinotti, who would go on to photograph Manhunter, Crimes Of The Heart, The Last Of The Mohicans, LA Confidential, and many others.   Capturing the seething passions, eroticism, intrigue, and atmosphere, Pino Donaggio’s score is as much a leading player in the film as any of its characters. 

Donaggio had been scoring films for over a decade, starting with Nicholas Roeg’s Don’t Look Now (1973), and continuing with his work for Brian De Palma (Carrie, Dressed To Kill, Body Double, Blow Out and others) as well as cult classics like Tourist Trap, The Howling, Piranha, Tex, Hercules, as well as providing quite a few scores for Cannon Films, of which The Berlin Affair was one.  The score for The Berlin Affair is Donaggio at the top of his game.  With its sinuous, swirling, hypnotic melodies capturing all the underlying complexities of the characters and the story, the music is like a symphonic fever dream in the film, and a wonderful and completely satisfying listening experience away from the film.  In fact, the music is mixed quite low in the film, and many cues are truncated, so it’s especially lovely to hear them complete and in gorgeous sound.  The themes are some of the most beautiful Donaggio has ever written.

The Berlin Affair was issued on LP, but this is its world premiere CD release.  The LP presented forty-two minutes of music, including a title song (inspired by but not used in the film), and several source/pastiche cues.  We present all those, plus all the cues not used on the album, and they are many.    The CD was mastered from the original Italian two-track mixed score tapes housed in the MGM vaults – they were in pristine condition and the recording is absolutely stunning.  The CD runs just about an hour and contains about eighteen minutes of never before released score cues.

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.  The price of the CD is $19.98, plus shipping.   Additionally, we are offering a special deal with the purchase of this release.  Go to the item page and click on the link to find out about it.

CD will ship the first week of July – however, never fear, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).   To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »

Isn't there another London cast EMI release coming up soon (I hope!)?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2011, 05:22:47 PM »

Looks like it.

George

« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2011, 05:34:59 PM »

Isn't there another London cast EMI release coming up soon (I hope!)?

Cool!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »

THE BERLIN AFFAIR has been ordered!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2011, 05:48:36 PM »

Trucking is not happening - more craziness - so Laura check your e-mail.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »

Good morning, all! I have no idea what's going on in my subconscious, but I've been having colorful dreams every night. I remember bits of three from last night: George Balanchine's ballet DON QUIXOTE and my inability to sing "Home on the Range" (I couldn't remember the last lin about cloudy skies), a police murder investigation and concealed evidence, and a summer/regional/community theatre production, a car, and a philandering husband.

Yours?  Or someone else's?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2011, 05:59:19 PM »

Wherefore art thou, Laura?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »

I don't have no stinking recipes.

I have to take my brand spanking new suit to the cleaners to have it pressed for the anniversary luncheon and open house one week from Saturday.

And I have to decide what to wear for tomorrow when we meet the Mayor for her proclamation for Putnam County Playhouse, and be photographed for the newspaper!

What's wrong with your Sunday overalls?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2011, 05:59:57 PM »

I art going to the store to get me a white chocolate Reese's peanut butter cup because I NEED IT!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2011, 06:03:39 PM »

Our banner is up above the street - and we dominated the free weekly newspaper front page - even though they printed The Music Man story two weeks early......

http://www.thehoosiertopics.com/

Click on the digital copy on the right to see our coverage in all its glory - now in the hands of everybody who has a mailbox in the tri-county area.

No wonder you are having trouble with the kids in the show.  How old is your Winthrop?  Three?
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2011, 06:10:15 PM »

... and my inability to sing "Home on the Range" (I couldn't remember the last lin about cloudy skies) ...

I have a recording of that you would NEVER forget.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2011, 06:10:29 PM »

How much Nudie stuff is there, BK?

Ha!  I can see it now

"LOCAL CHURCH LADY BUSTED WITH NUDIE FILM
 CROSSING STATE BORDER!"
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2011, 06:14:37 PM »

Yeah, that's about it, TCB.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »

Today I picked three tomatoes, one zucchini, and one yellow squash.

Me, Too!  In which Safeway were you shopping?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2011, 06:28:55 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »

How much Nudie stuff is there, BK?

Ha!  I can see it now

"LOCAL CHURCH LADY BUSTED WITH NUDIE FILM
 CROSSING STATE BORDER!"

AT least we would know who it was
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2011, 06:31:16 PM »

In the last three months Ihave sent out, cold called, even went to different businesses and that number is over 40 and it has resulted in a phone interview and an onsite but still no job offer

I have sent job apps down to the cities, Sioux Falls and a number of other places
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Laura

« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2011, 06:34:46 PM »

I'm sorry, DakotaCelt. I hope something turns up soon. Does your DH have a job?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »

with amazon but they are notorious for firing people at a drop of a hat so I am very uncertain about that place. He states he will be there for two years and says I am being negative

I am very down and I have been trying to stay postive but it is fading

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2011, 06:50:44 PM »

It also does not help when ND job service basically says you are not trying hard enough to find a job  because all of the oil jobs are giving ND a low unemployment rate.

I hate to say this I dont drive a rig, I am not a mechanic nor do I desire to be one
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up