Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FABULOUS FRIDAY  (Read 48958 times)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
Re: FABULOUS FRIDAY
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »

To a wonderful weekend for all of us.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Laura

« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2011, 11:38:13 AM »

I've got the movie stuff BK was trying to get picked up. We are trying to figure out now how to get it to him.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Sam

« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »

I want to land amongst the stars.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2011, 11:42:17 AM »

Hi Laura.

Laura

« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2011, 11:42:48 AM »

Hi Sam.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2011, 11:46:29 AM »

I am back from a delightful meeting at Hill Country on West 26th Street, a down-home place that DJ recommended. I had barbecued chicken breast, a wonderful salad with chipotle dressing, and mac'n'cheese that was quite tasty.  We worked out with David Lutken and Brent Fredericks a royalty agreement for the four of us, and I think we're going to have a good time next week with this project.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 02:06:43 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2011, 11:56:02 AM »

We are about to leave for the movie and dinner - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2011, 12:01:54 PM »

I was just sent a review copy of KILL THE IRISHMAN.

Looking forward to watching this one.
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2011, 12:11:17 PM »

Good Morning Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... I'm up from my nap, that is.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2011, 12:12:24 PM »

I am back from a delightful meeting at Hill Country on West 26th Street, a down-home place that DJ recommended. I had barbecued chicken breast, a wonderful salad with chipotle dressing, and mac'n'cheese that was quite tasty.  We worked out witgh David Lutken and Brent Fredericks a royalty schedule fro the four of us, and I think we're going to have a good time next week with this project.

That's a great place. And I'm so glad that Hill Country is not set up the same as their "mother" restaurant Hill Country BBQ. They have great BBQ, but the semi-cafeteria-style lines are just a bit too down-homey.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2011, 12:13:46 PM »

And here's Team Hubba Bubba*.

*Hubba Bubba is the purple Hippo that Jenny 8. Lee is holding. -And, yes, her name really is Jenny 8. Lee. -And, yes, Monkey also met Hubba Bubba Hippo tonight too. :)

Nice photo, Jose.  Who is the tall gbentleman?

The tall gentleman in question is Hugo. He's one of the Jenny's friends/classmates from Harvard. He's originally from South Africa. And, yes, he has a very nice accent. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2011, 12:14:58 PM »

TOD

The Best Pizza I ever had was in a Walkup Restaurant In New York City West Side in The 30's I believe(37th Street?) called THE HEROINE.

JOSE Alert... Do You remember Such A Place?

Thin Crust-Rectangular Cut and Just Scrumptious !

DR ArnoldMBrockman - As Fiona would say in Brigadoon - I dinna think so.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2011, 12:15:42 PM »

I'll have to take a told you so from DR Jose.

Just got back from the doctor. Turns out i have a very bad throat infection.

He wondered why i hadn't gone to see him sooner.

Truthfully every time i've had a sore throat the doctor has always been hesitant to give me meds wondering if it could be strep throat.

The weird thing is that even though my throat had been hurting on monday and i lost my voice on tuesday. My throat had stopped hurting on wed. But it started hurting again last night.

Hopefully now these antibiotics will work. I already started to get a bit of my energy back before i went to the doctors.

It is such a nice day. And i want to ride my bike so bad. It's been 2 weeks. :(

~~~~~I-TOLD-YOU-SO VIBES TO DR JENNIFER~~~~~

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2011, 12:19:13 PM »

DR Jose - thank you for the details on last night's event at NYPL.  Sounds like it took a lot of planning.  Was there a fundraising element or did it seem to be more of a friendraising deal?

There was no fundraising involved. It's part of the NYPL's Centennial Weekend celebrations. -I missed the free ice cream earlier today. Most of the artifacts are currently on display in a special "100 Years" exhibition. They've pulled a lot of items from their collection that have never been on public display before. And with the accompanying book, I'm guessing they'll be using it as an educational tool - and they may raise some additional revenue that way. Otherwise, it was a great way to get 500 people - basically strangers - together under one roof for one night to write a new book for their collection.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2011, 12:19:45 PM »

OK...

And since I'm supposed to meet some friends after their matinee...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2011, 12:50:45 PM »

Yes, Laura, after the trucking debacle, was kind enough to go pick up all the Nudie stuff - I just wanted it before the guy changed his mind.  It's been a complicated ride, this, but it all worked out fantastically.  Back in the lawsuit days when I was being manipulated by wealthy, awful people in a lawsuit they could not win (and didn't) I was offered five prints of Nudie Musical along with the film's internegative (from which all prints were made) and separate soundtrack.  The guy wanted 5K for the lot.  I was busy giving all my money to the lawyer for no reason so I could not do the deal.  Instead, the co-director of the film bought it and that's where it's been.  Last year, we spoke and he said he wanted to get rid of it and I could have it for the 5K.  I immediately contacted Image Entertainment, who put out the DVD and who have made close to a quarter of a million bucks on it, about doing the blu-ray and getting them to pick up the cost of the stuff.  They told me it was "too soon" - soon thereafter, of course, they began issuing very low-selling blu-ray titles that few are interested in - had they not been so stupid, Nudie would have done them well.  So, I just let it sit because the thought of shelling out 5K was not so hot.

Flash forward to three weeks ago when he called and said he was moving and that he needed to get the stuff out of his storage facility and that he had a new deal for me - free.  And since then I've been trying to make those arrangements because he's so weird sometimes I was petrified he'd change his mind about the free part.  So, Laura went over there and got it, and soon it shall be mine, and I see no reason why I should now hand this to Image since they were so jerky about it - I think this will be a Kritzerland release.  I just see no upside to Image - there are no stores anymore and I can get it everywhere online.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2011, 12:51:17 PM »

I did indeed have a waffle, two eggs and two slices of bacon.  The waffle was good, the eggs were good, the bacon was okay.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2011, 12:51:32 PM »

I'll go over to the mail place in a few minutes and see what's what.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2011, 01:22:35 PM »

And here's Team Hubba Bubba*.

*Hubba Bubba is the purple Hippo that Jenny 8. Lee is holding. -And, yes, her name really is Jenny 8. Lee. -And, yes, Monkey also met Hubba Bubba Hippo tonight too. :)

Nice photo, Jose.  Who is the tall gbentleman?

The tall gentleman in question is Hugo. He's one of the Jenny's friends/classmates from Harvard. He's originally from South Africa. And, yes, he has a very nice accent. ;)

I wasn't looking at his accent.   ;)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2011, 01:29:40 PM »

I really need to go to the store and get Nicky some food and some litter.  Then I need to get myself some food, preferably already prepared. I am thinking that maybe, if I use my cane, I can do it safely.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2011, 02:11:56 PM »

A weird trip home. Subways backed up and packed, and I got to my pharmacy to pick up my mds and they were closed. I'll call on Monday and raise hell. It will be difficult gettign there and up tothe rehearsal with everything I will be carrying. After lunch, I went back to Toyland, and wrote a new choral ending for the last 16 bars of "Ring the Christ Church Bells. I'm going to chill for about an hour and get back to work.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2011, 02:19:27 PM »

Half a day to see a doctor when you are sick.  i hope the 811 clinic is faster.  Good news vibes!

The 811 isn't a clinic. It's just a nurse that you call and talk to on the phone.

And the half a day part is that usually at my regular doctor it takes so long to get an appointment. And the line is always busy. So you can have to go there just to try to get an appointment. Then you have to go back and wait. So it ends up taking hours and hours.

This new clinic i went to was really fast. I'm still not sure what their exact policy is. There is a certain time they give out tickets to be seen.

But i went at 9am got registered. And she told me to come back at 10:30am. So I went back and got seen within 10 minutes.

Jennifer

« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2011, 02:21:32 PM »

jennifer, i should have kept reading before posting. until your throat began hurting again i would have guessed viral.  good news you are treatable & should soon feel better.

My mom and sister were shocked when i told him the guy was writing a prescription as soon as he looked at my throat They have been both extremely sick and the doctors never want to prescribe.

I was shocked that it was a throat infection and not sinus infection since my throat had stopped hurting. Oh well at least hopefully now i will feel better. But the pills seems to cause extreme drowsiness.

Jennifer

« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »

DR Jane did you get my email?

Jennifer

« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2011, 02:25:06 PM »

Glad DR Laura could help. And I see why BK was afraid the guy would change his mind!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »

But I've got something he wants.

Now THAT sounds like you're having an affair!

;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2011, 03:06:30 PM »

Hello, everyone.

OY, JANE!! I'm so sorry to hear about your wrist! I do wish you a speedy recovery.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2011, 03:07:33 PM »

Feel-better-pronto vibes to TCB and MBarnum!

Feel-better-pronto vibes to Jennifer, too.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2011, 03:08:12 PM »

Nice pics from JRand. He looks happy and healthy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2011, 03:08:50 PM »

Nice video from Jose. If you only have 24 seconds, you have to speak fast.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up