Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FABULOUS FRIDAY  (Read 48809 times)

Laura

Re: FABULOUS FRIDAY
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2011, 07:54:00 AM »

BK, check your email.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2011, 07:54:53 AM »

TOD: I think Pizza Hut was my first pizza, but Mom's was always my favorite as a kid. She did a think crust and cooked it until it crackled. I think she used ketchup and herbs for the sauce, but the sausage and cheese were always good.

Best pizza ever was in Venice. Again, a thin crust and a few toppings, including pepperoni, artichoke hearts and olives. Very little cheese. That was 15 years ago and I remember it like yesterday.

Best chichi pizza. I don't know if any of you watch "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives," but the show has been running an episode filmed at a local place called Dough (the owner is Doug Horn). Anyway, he does a four-cheese pizza that's killer by itself, but for a little extra in season, the waiter will shave fresh black truffle slices on top, if you want. Yup.

Favorite toppings: anchovies, garlic, black olives, artichoke hearts, sausage, pepperoni.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2011, 07:55:19 AM »

Wow, we're already on Page three.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2011, 07:55:43 AM »

Great photos, JRand.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2011, 07:56:53 AM »

Laura - hoo and ray!!!  Check yours.

Laura

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2011, 07:57:35 AM »

;D

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2011, 08:19:40 AM »

Thanks to JRand and Ben for some good laughs today re: the rapture! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2011, 08:20:32 AM »

DR Jennifer, thank you for the suggestion of that funny looking back stretching thingy....I am gonna get me one and see if it helps!

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2011, 08:26:40 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Richard is attending the funeral of a high school classmate and Rob just left to get outfitted for the mystery dinner that he and his friends are having tonight.  I'm about to take a walk.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2011, 08:28:03 AM »

DR Jose - thank you for the details on last night's event at NYPL.  Sounds like it took a lot of planning.  Was there a fundraising element or did it seem to be more of a friendraising deal?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2011, 08:34:10 AM »

Later, Richard and I are going to see WATER FOR ELEPHANTS.  Haven't read the book...

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »

And the word of the day is: UKASE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  I RESOLVE

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2011, 08:37:35 AM »

I'll have to take a told you so from DR Jose.

Just got back from the doctor. Turns out i have a very bad throat infection.

He wondered why i hadn't gone to see him sooner.

Truthfully every time i've had a sore throat the doctor has always been hesitant to give me meds wondering if it could be strep throat.

The weird thing is that even though my throat had been hurting on monday and i lost my voice on tuesday. My throat had stopped hurting on wed. But it started hurting again last night.

Hopefully now these antibiotics will work. I already started to get a bit of my energy back before i went to the doctors.

It is such a nice day. And i want to ride my bike so bad. It's been 2 weeks. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »

DR Jose that game sounds so interesting.

And I love Dell. Poor guy (his character!).

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2011, 08:42:44 AM »

DR Jennifer, thank you for the suggestion of that funny looking back stretching thingy....I am gonna get me one and see if it helps!

If you do get one I can point you to online videos showing how to use it. And there are special tips (like what level to put it on and how to get on and off it).

I used to have the worst lower back problems. And now if my back starts to hurt even the slightest i do the back magic right away. It's amazing.

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2011, 08:44:26 AM »

I love pizza. But don't like pepperoni anymore.

I love bacon and pineapple. That is my favorite. Although usually here they make them ham and pineapple.

I also like chicken pizza.

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »

TOD - Stromboli's in Detroit.  They delivered in a Jeep with a warming oven in the back.  "Strom's" also advertised in my high school yearbook.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2011, 08:57:55 AM »

Oh!

And Chris Lowell, who played "Dell" on "Private Practice", was also one of the participants. We were both in the Patience, and ended up sitting at neighboring table. As the event wined down, we ended up chatting a while. A very nice guy. *There's a pic of him on my Facebook page as well as in my Twitter stream.

Congrats on the success last night, Jose! 

And Chris Lowell is pretty darned cute! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2011, 08:58:41 AM »

I'll have to take a told you so from DR Jose.

Just got back from the doctor. Turns out i have a very bad throat infection.

He wondered why i hadn't gone to see him sooner.

Truthfully every time i've had a sore throat the doctor has always been hesitant to give me meds wondering if it could be strep throat.

The weird thing is that even though my throat had been hurting on monday and i lost my voice on tuesday. My throat had stopped hurting on wed. But it started hurting again last night.

Hopefully now these antibiotics will work. I already started to get a bit of my energy back before i went to the doctors.

It is such a nice day. And i want to ride my bike so bad. It's been 2 weeks. :(

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for Jennifer!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2011, 09:01:47 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I just had my favorite pizza a couple of weeks ago for my birthday:  pepperoni, pineapple, cashews, extra cheese and extra sauce from Dirty Dave's in Lacey, Washington.

I don't know when/what my first pizza was...it might've been one that my mom made from a box where you make the crust from the packet and they have a can of sauce and a packet of parmesan cheese.  I actually used to like that a lot, as simple as it was.

Laura

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2011, 09:03:22 AM »

I hope you feel better soon, Jennifer.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2011, 09:04:45 AM »

Well If Today Is Going To Be The End Of The World(Irwin Allen would have known) then we all should be singing along with Frank Sinatra and Benny Goodman and Gordon Jenkins

GOODBYE !!!

George

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2011, 09:05:15 AM »

Today, I need to go to work for a couple of hours, then I'm ushering for matinee performance of a ballet version of Peter Pan!

Studio West Dance Theatre is proud to announce the Olympia Premier of the Ballet Peter Pan! Celebrate the 100 Year Anniversary of this magical novel and the fantastical adventure it reveals. All sets and costumes are provided by the Eugene Ballet and are spectacular! The company, Flying with Foy, will be working with us and the dancers will become airborne! The title role of Peter Pan will be performed by professional dancer Avram Gold from the Minnesota Ballet.

I've never heard of Studio West Dance Theatre, so I don't know if they're local.  It should be interesting, though!

George

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2011, 09:05:41 AM »

Have a good day, all!

Ginny

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2011, 09:06:54 AM »

Nowadays, I limit my pizza-eating to veggie only.  Green peppers, mushrooms, etc.  When I want meat, I use grilled chicken.  On very rare occasions we'll get a Hawaiian from Donato's - ham, pineapple, sliced almonds, with green peppers added.  Last night I made pizzas for our dinner and put pepperoni on the portions that Richard and Rob ate and green peppers ONLY on mine.

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2011, 09:10:56 AM »

I have never heard of cashews on a pizza. I love them. But not sure if i would like them on a pizza.

This talk of food is making me so hungry.

Laura

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2011, 09:11:58 AM »

Perhaps we will go for pizza today.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2011, 09:24:51 AM »

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2011, 09:27:47 AM »

TOD

The Best Pizza I ever had was in a Walkup Restaurant In New York City West Side in The 30's I believe(37th Street?) called THE HEROINE.

JOSE Alert... Do You remember Such A Place?

Thin Crust-Rectangular Cut and Just Scrumptious !

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2011, 09:29:07 AM »

BLOOD SUGAR VIBES FOR DR JOHN G!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up