Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AIRPLANE  (Read 12632 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: AIRPLANE
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2011, 11:50:36 AM »

PAGE FIVE DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2011, 12:02:08 PM »

Thank you, DR Jane.  I have heard nothing since the 7:30am call, but have alerted my mother, sister, and niece.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »

Thanks DR GEORGE....it HAS to.

I see by the email you received that the United Nations has been moved to Washington D.C.  I think the old building should go condo!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2011, 12:16:27 PM »

OK -

Guest room ready, check
Chicken roasting for dinner, check
Family room cleared for carpet cleaning, check

I'm now going to vacuum the carpet that's to be cleaned tomorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2011, 12:23:07 PM »

Busy busy busy DR GINNY!

Laura

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2011, 12:34:08 PM »

Congratulations, George! You're rich!
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2011, 12:55:18 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Just taking a brief(?) break from looks at all the small dots, lines and squiggles before my head explodes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2011, 12:56:33 PM »

*It's actually going well today. I knew that this part of my prep would be a bit tedious, but I'm also coming across some nice subtleties and surprises in Richard Rodney Bennett's orchestrations. Which leads me to a question of two...
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2011, 01:03:24 PM »

http://broadwayworld.com/videoplay.php?colid=247698

Further proof that the "robotic" Sutton Foster, as Michael Riedel calls her, is not Reno Sweeney. What is she doing with her voice? Trying to channel Elmer Fudd and Patti LuPone at the same time?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2011, 01:09:57 PM »

DR elmore - There are few notes in the partitur where it indicates that Bennett changed a harmony or two (from Rodgers' original notations). The final change-up in "Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'" is truly magical. -It's under the second syllable of "feeling" going into the last phrase - RRB uses a C7 chord instead of the Edim.

And then as I play through the Dream Ballet and come across all those wonderful inner chromatic lines... Wow! -Of course, it all makes me wish we had a full orchestra instead of 13 pieces, but... C'est la vie. In any case...

Do you happen to know just how much input Bennett had in the development of the Dream Ballet? Or were Rodgers' sketches very particular in regards to some of the altered harmonies and colors that he - and Agnes de Mille - wanted?

*I'm sure this info is documented somewhere, but since I really should be continuing to go through Act 1... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2011, 01:10:41 PM »

Busy busy busy DR GINNY!

Yeah, DR JRand, nothing like a major cleaning project to keep your mind off a crisis in the extended family...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2011, 01:10:50 PM »

And... It looks like the Kennedy Center's production of Follies will be coming to the Marquis Theatre this summer for a limited run.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2011, 01:11:17 PM »

Oh, joy!  I just received this e-mail:

;)
  That must be a new approach ;D

Jane

« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2011, 01:12:23 PM »

DR Ginny how is your mother doing?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2011, 01:14:27 PM »

And...

I shall catch up on the posts, VIBES and well-wishes...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2011, 01:19:34 PM »

Thanks for asking, DR Jane.  I think she's OK.  My sister and niece were both going to call her today and they're both standing ready to come here from Michigan and Illinois, respectively, if need be.

And, Jane, you can say "s**t" again, because my aunt is on a ventilator...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2011, 01:43:10 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......well that's one solution.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2011, 01:43:36 PM »

In awhile I shall be on the way to the first cast meeting with what cast I still have for CAMELOT.

Laura

« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2011, 01:52:21 PM »

I'm sorry, Ginny.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2011, 01:54:36 PM »

Twilight Time has announced pre-order for "The Egyptian" -- both standard DVD and Blu-ray.   The Blu-ray is $39.95 before s/h (mine was $43.20 "with" s/h).

I want this one on BD something awful, though.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2011, 02:04:03 PM »

Thanks, DR Laura.  It's very hard, in my mind, to justify all these heroic measures, but it's not my decision.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2011, 02:25:32 PM »

Thanks for asking, DR Jane.  I think she's OK.  My sister and niece were both going to call her today and they're both standing ready to come here from Michigan and Illinois, respectively, if need be.

Oh damn I am extremely sorry.  I said much stronger accompanied by screams when I found out my father was on one.  I just pray your cousins agree to remove it & have a doctor who encourages them to do so.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:33:36 PM by Jane »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2011, 02:35:39 PM »

Congratulations, George! You're rich!

Let's PAR-TAY!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2011, 02:35:47 PM »

Sorry for my lateness.  I overslept and was awakened by the knocking at the door of the helper.  We then spent about ninety minutes organizing music.  Then she left, I printed out the packaging for the new title and went to Bird's to have a couple of chicken breasts for lunch.  Whilst there, I proofed and noted some corrections that need to be made.  Then I picked up some packages, and now I'm catching up with everything that didn't get done.

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2011, 02:42:29 PM »

Regarding the ventilator, at this point I'd recommend she stay on it until Friday because it would really suck for her to die on her oldest son's (the one in Japan) birthday.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »

Oh that would be bad.  When I was venting my frustration to the kine pulmonary doctor, while he worked on my sister, he said at some point the ventilator would no longer work.  How long that can take I never found out, surely longer than a few days, at least in my limited experience.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2011, 02:55:38 PM »

Of course miracles to happen & people recover.  When the person already suffers from dementia that only gets worse. :(

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »

*It's actually going well today. I knew that this part of my prep would be a bit tedious, but I'm also coming across some nice subtleties and surprises in Richard Rodney Bennett's orchestrations. Which leads me to a question of two...

Robert Russell Bennett's orchestrations, dear!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2011, 03:32:03 PM »

DR Jose, do you know this fantastic book about the making of the show? No one really knws how much of the Dream Ballet was done by whom. The original Hammerstein ballet called for a circus, with Aunt Eller as a bareback rider, as I recall, and DeMille told Hammerstein, "No young lady has a stupid dream like this; they dream about sex." She was contractually required to use music from the score, but she didn't bring Trude Rittmann in as dance arranger until her next show, "One Touch of Venus."

Russell Bennett most assuredly did a lot of the work on the ballet, since he scored it, but I think a lot of it was cobbled together for DeMille by her rehearsal pianist, whose name I've forgotten. He might be mentioned on one of the videos from North Carolina School of the Arts and he might also be mentioend in Steve Suskins book, since there's a lot in it about "Laurie Makes Up Her Mind."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:37:43 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

WolfeGirl

« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2011, 03:37:07 PM »

I haven't commented here since last September??  Geez.  OK, I'll visit much more often! My thought for today (well, one of my thoughts today): I have to work on some lesser-known Cole Porter songs for my rehearsal tonight...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up