Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WAYLAID  (Read 12196 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: WAYLAID
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2011, 04:55:40 PM »

Page Six!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2011, 04:56:28 PM »

Off to take care of shtuff at the rental.

Have the rest of a wonderful birthday, Cilla.  You only turn 50 once (hopefully).  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2011, 04:58:21 PM »

I had a few minutes between shows so I popped into an internet place.  I had a leisurely morning and headed towards a couple of theatres to buy tickets.   My friend saw Ghost, the Musical in Manchester and recommended that I see it.    I got a ticket for Saturday.  And the only show that has a Sunday performance is The Wizard of Oz, Andrew Lloyd Webber's latest ( it has some songs from the movie and a few new ones).  Michael Crawford plays the title character.

And ALW plays Toto!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2011, 05:00:47 PM »

I had a few minutes between shows so I popped into an internet place.  I had a leisurely morning and headed towards a couple of theatres to buy tickets.   My friend saw Ghost, the Musical in Manchester and recommended that I see it.    I got a ticket for Saturday.  And the only show that has a Sunday performance is The Wizard of Oz, Andrew Lloyd Webber's latest ( it has some songs from the movie and a few new ones).  Michael Crawford plays the title character.

And ALW plays Toto!

Meow!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »

Being the theatre fan I am, I searched to see if there were any Tuesday matinees.  Well, the only two I could find were Phantom.... and The Mouse Trap.  I've seen the Mouse Trap before, and I've seen Phantom many times, but I couldn't resist seeing it today since I'm seeing the sequel, Love Never Dies, tonight.  I thought it was a great production, though I didn't enjoy Christine as much as I did by DR elmore's friend, Sara Jean Ford (I got the name right, I think!).   Time for dinner!

Yes, DR KevinH, you got the name right! I love Sara Jean. I hope you are having a fantastic time.

When I left Toyland, I fond the elevator today didn't want to open on the 10th floor, so I finally got sick of waiting, figured the hell with it and walked down 10 flights carrying a ton of printed paper. I was not amused.

As soon as I got home, I jumped into a bathtub of cool water and pretended I was in a pool. It's a killer doing laps in a pool five feet long and maybe three feet wide.

Don't use the diving board!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2011, 05:03:35 PM »

Off to take care of shtuff at the rental.

Have the rest of a wonderful birthday, Cilla.  You only turn 50 once (hopefully).  :)

Thanks JMK, of course, you only turn every age once ;)   I'm just hanging out with the cats right now.  I think I'm going to go for a hot fudge sundae....or at least some sort of ice cream delight.   I really just want to stay home tonight and do nothing.  I have so much to do this week it's insane so a quiet night is really in my plans.   ALthough I have thought about going to Cars 2 in 3 d, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »

I can't believe the forecast.  It's only in the 70s here today and tomorrow, but the 100+ heat index will return for Friday and Saturday.  Not only will I be cooking in the oven for 12 hours, but I really doubt anyone will want to sit on the deck.  I could be wrong, but that means clean clean clean the rest of the house.   and thanks to Willis Carrier for inventing air conditioning. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2011, 05:10:07 PM »

Does anyone have a DVD of IRON & SILK?

Jane

« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2011, 05:12:07 PM »

Cilla enjoy your ice cream & quiet evening.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/152606-PLAYBILLCOMS-CUE-A-Death-Takes-a-Holiday-Star-Rebecca-Luker

Here's a lovely set of questions and answers from Rebecca Luker.
That was not as funny as her husband's, but it was lovely, as I assume she is.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2011, 05:16:05 PM »

It's more "Mad Men" this evening. I enjoy these seasons all together. I don't think I have the patience to watch a TV show week in and week out any more.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2011, 05:20:55 PM »

― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2011, 05:22:07 PM »

I still haven't worked up the energy to jog four miles, but I'm going out there now anyway.  A man's got to do what a man's got to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2011, 05:34:43 PM »

DR KEVIN H if you are in Liverpool you are near KNOWSLEY SAFARI PARK!

http://www.knowsleysafariexperience.co.uk/
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2011, 05:34:59 PM »

Jogging vibes for MR BK
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2011, 05:46:51 PM »

DR KEVIN H if you are in Liverpool you are near KNOWSLEY SAFARI PARK!

http://www.knowsleysafariexperience.co.uk/

I don't believe that is the wild animal that he came to see!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2011, 05:51:59 PM »

Cute video of a kitten & a Pitt Bull playing: http://www.castanet.net/news/Offbeat/62184/Pitbull-vs-kitten

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2011, 05:53:25 PM »

I am trying to decide if I should go to the gym or watch a spaghetti western.

I suppose it all depends on which group of scantily clad unavailable men you want to watch.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2011, 06:02:33 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR Cillaliz. Hope you had a great day!

Jennifer

« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »

I am not that fond of steamed broccoli. Never heard of roasting it (or cauliflower either). My favorite way to eat broc is to stir fry it with olive oil and soya sauce.

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2011, 06:08:29 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR Cillaliz. Hope you had a great day!

Thanks Jennifer!  I'm having a good day!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2011, 06:13:54 PM »

HAPPY 50TH TO DR CILLALIZ!!

May you have a lovely birthday.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2011, 06:15:19 PM »

TOD:

Carrots, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, and corn are all faves. I enjoy them cooked in any number of ways.

Jennifer

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2011, 06:15:20 PM »

I read an article in the local paper here a couple of days ago. IT was about exercising. And the person writing it said that people should not give up on their routines during the summer. The article seemed to imply that most people were vigorous exercisers during the Fall/Winter. But slacked off during the summer.

I find this very odd. I know I exercise 10X more in the summer because the weather is nicer and i can be outside. I would think that people jog, bike, swim in the summer. I wonder if the person who wrote the article lives in Arizona or LA or somewhere where it's hot all year round but very hot in the summer so people would not want to exercise outside as much.

Jennifer

« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2011, 06:17:02 PM »

Ice cream sounds like a great treat!  I actually had a red creamsicle tonight. At my niece's soccer game they give them treats after the game. I usually don't have anything. But they were going to melt. And they looked so good! Yum!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2011, 06:17:17 PM »

Jane, I've been watching an early Martin Clunes program, DIRTY TRICKS. It's fun and it's good to see Martin Clunes as a young, likeable, not-quite-so-Doc-Martin character.

Jennifer

« Reply #177 on: July 12, 2011, 06:17:39 PM »

I hate weighing myself. But i can tell that my 1-2 hours of exercise a day has been paying off.

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2011, 06:21:56 PM »

HAPPY 50TH TO DR CILLALIZ!!

May you have a lovely birthday.

Thanks DR Jeanne.  It's been a really nice day made even better by the greetings from my friends

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2011, 06:23:29 PM »

I read an article in the local paper here a couple of days ago. IT was about exercising. And the person writing it said that people should not give up on their routines during the summer. The article seemed to imply that most people were vigorous exercisers during the Fall/Winter. But slacked off during the summer.

I find this very odd. I know I exercise 10X more in the summer because the weather is nicer and i can be outside. I would think that people jog, bike, swim in the summer. I wonder if the person who wrote the article lives in Arizona or LA or somewhere where it's hot all year round but very hot in the summer so people would not want to exercise outside as much.

Some people do more exercising inside in gyms etc and don't do that as much in the summer.  Or they live where it's really hot outside in the summer.  I know I tend to gain weight in the summer and lose in the winter. I've never considered myself typical in that regard, but his story fits me
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up