Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WAYLAID  (Read 12198 times)

Ginny

Re: WAYLAID
« Reply #180 on: July 12, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »

Back from a faboo dinner at the local Anglican church that's hosting this conference.  They served a low-country boiled dinner - shrimp, sausage, potatoes, onions, and corn on the cob.  I ate just some peel & eat shrimp and a few potatoes and then sampled a couple of desserts - strawberry pie and banana pudding.  Tomorrow night they're throwing a barbecue for us.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2011, 06:31:40 PM »

Ice cream sounds like a great treat!  I actually had a red creamsicle tonight. At my niece's soccer game they give them treats after the game. I usually don't have anything. But they were going to melt. And they looked so good! Yum!

Is a red creamsicle strawberry instead of orange?

I agree about the exercising.  L.A. isn't hot enough most of the time to make a difference, at least not IMHO.

Jane

« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »

Jane, I've been watching an early Martin Clunes program, DIRTY TRICKS. It's fun and it's good to see Martin Clunes as a young, likeable, not-quite-so-Doc-Martin character.

Thanks I have added to our NetFlix queue.  Reading the blurb there is may be more likable but is this character as much of a good guy as the Doc is?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2011, 06:35:34 PM »

Back from a faboo dinner at the local Anglican church that's hosting this conference.  They served a low-country boiled dinner - shrimp, sausage, potatoes, onions, and corn on the cob.  I ate just some peel & eat shrimp and a few potatoes and then sampled a couple of desserts - strawberry pie and banana pudding.  Tomorrow night they're throwing a barbecue for us.
sounds great
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2011, 06:42:32 PM »

Has anyone made pulled pork a day or two before serving it?  I'm thinking about cooking it on Thursday before the heatwave hits and then warming it up in my crock pots before the party.   It would really help keep the temp down in the house on a very hot day.  I'm thinking it should still be ok for two days.

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2011, 06:43:16 PM »

It would also be a lot easier to not have to be doing a lot of cooking during the party

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2011, 06:47:39 PM »

I am ready for bed. I am suddenly quite sleepy.

Till tomorrow!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: July 12, 2011, 06:51:12 PM »

Sleep Well Elmore!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2011, 06:53:04 PM »

Sounds like Cilla had a lovelier than lovely birthday

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2011, 06:53:32 PM »

And I just had a lovelier than lovely four-mile jog.  I've now shaved twelve minutes off my jog time since last week, which is amazing to me.

John G.

« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »

Has anyone made pulled pork a day or two before serving it?  I'm thinking about cooking it on Thursday before the heatwave hits and then warming it up in my crock pots before the party.   It would really help keep the temp down in the house on a very hot day.  I'm thinking it should still be ok for two days.
I like the way the sauce settles into the meat, so I usually do it a day before.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2011, 07:30:34 PM »

'night

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »

Having halibut again - so low in calories and I enjoy it.  About six ounces tonight, which is barely 300 calories.  And some veggies which I'll sauté - asparagus, onions, and mushrooms - pre-packaged but it looked good and is all of 75 calories, save for the 125 calories of oil to saute in.  So, that's around 500 calories for dinner and I already burned off most of lunch.

FJL

« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »

I am so tired after catching up on all those posts.

Michael

« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2011, 07:45:33 PM »

caught up on the notes and now to slumberland
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2011, 07:52:34 PM »

Night, all
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2011, 08:40:47 PM »

I am trying to decide if I should go to the gym or watch a spaghetti western.

I suppose it all depends on which group of scantily clad unavailable men you want to watch.

I chose the gym...which was practically empty tonight.

MBarnum

« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2011, 08:43:04 PM »

You know, I watched four episodes of the old 1970s show SOAP. It is still darn funny! I was surprised that it has aged so well.

MBarnum

« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2011, 09:20:43 PM »

Looks like a nifty new release from WARNER BROS. ARCHIVE.

with extras, including commentary by Debra Messing!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2011, 10:03:53 PM »

Cilla, I hope you had a lovely birthday.  I sent greetings via Facebook but wanted to do the same here, too.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2011, 10:18:26 PM »

Finished with my viewing, which was sporadic.  Too much to do and I must start to do some of it, like write liner notes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2011, 10:28:09 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I left the theatre at 10:45pm... And I got about 12:30am "thanks" to two major(!) work zones on I-66. Of course, those work zones are supposed to be set up for the rest of the week. Guess I'll be taking the local roads instead. Or the Metro.

Anyhoo...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2011, 10:29:07 PM »

I like the way the sauce settles into the meat, so I usually do it a day before.

And if you make a lot of pulled pork, you can also freeze some portions for later.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »

DR KevinH - Sounds like you're having a wonderful time in London. Thanks for checking in and passing on your reports.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2011, 10:30:31 PM »

Hello again-- After dinner (pizza) I went to see Love Never Dies.  I was in the second row and I was afraid it was too close because the stage was quite high, but as it turns out much of the action was on the side I was on and I only missed seeing a little bit when one of the characters is on the ground after having been shot.

I really like the score, especially the title song and the song that opens the show now (after some adjustments): Till I hear you sing.  The phantom, Ramin Karimloo has a wonderful singing voice and I liked the new Christine, Celia Graham, though I still would have liked to have seen Sierra Boggess.  I waited with about 12 other people at the stage door. Both leads couldn't have been nicer. 

When I went to London, there was hardly anyone at the stage door...it seems that the Britons don't really do that, unlike on Broadway.  I saw Kiss Me Kate with Marin Mazzie and the World's Sexiest Man Alive, Brent Barrett.  I got to speak with, take pictures of and get autographs from just about everyone that I knew of except for Brent Barrett.  He must've been with people in the theater theatre.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2011, 10:33:14 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2011, 10:34:26 PM »

Sounds like Cilla had a lovelier than lovely birthday

I did.  And I ended it by playing my piano for about 2 hours.   I literally haven't touched my piano in a couple years, at least.  It's out of tune, and I'm a little rusty, but I can still play.  I'm going to call a piano tuner tomorrow.  Don't know if any can fit me in this week while I'm home working on the house, but I hope so

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: July 12, 2011, 10:34:28 PM »

And...

I'm really sleepy, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2011, 10:35:49 PM »

Hmm, I wasn't planning to put bbq sauce on it, I'm going to make a couple different sauces (or buy them, haven't really decided that yet) and let people choose their own sauce
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:46:15 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: July 12, 2011, 10:37:48 PM »

Cilla, I hope you had a lovely birthday.  I sent greetings via Facebook but wanted to do the same here, too.

Thanks Ron.  I really did.  I think I want to continue the tradition of no parties or celebrations on my birthday.  I enjoyed the family celebration and am looking forward to the party Saturday, but it was nice to have my birthday to do what I wanted to and not be where others want me to be. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up