Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GOING MY OWN DAMN WAY  (Read 8469 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: GOING MY OWN DAMN WAY
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 10:35:09 AM »

I'm up - I didn't get to bed until two but at least I slept eight and a half hours.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 11:06:30 AM »

I have churned out two reviews this mornng which leaves me in good stead to actually enjoy our mini-vacation, though I still need to write up synopses of all the Coen Brothers films, which shouldn't be too hard.  We have my wonderful Carmen Ghia from THE PRODUCERS housesitting for us again.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 11:17:03 AM »

It is all set.

I am going to be joining BK on October 1-2 in Chicago at the Hollywood Celebrities & Memorabilia Show.

It's Ray Courts' last show and it should be fun.
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 12:02:27 PM »

Glad to hear it!

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 12:18:10 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima, where Fr. Richard preached an excellent sermon to a very small congregation.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »

Slow news day.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2011, 12:34:37 PM »

The first law suit in connection with the stage collapse at the State Fair was filed on Friday - six days after the event.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Since I knew BK in his teen years I can confirm that he has ALWAYS gone his own damn way. I would have phrased it differently, though. The way I thought about it then was that he knew EXACTLY what he wanted to do with his life, at an age when few knew, and he was already actively pursuing it. I also thought him very brave to be willing to be such a maverick.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2011, 01:00:42 PM »

Bruce, I agree with both Druxy and Jose: don't waste your energy. I know how infuriating it is, but both WalMart and the police have bigger fish to fry. Stay on top of the PayPal part of it, as I know you will, provide the details to WalMart and the police, then walk away.

I cannot speak for the Colorado WalMart, but the one where I shopped in Florida was staffed with seniors, who were on their feet all day (murder!), and many of whom seemed to have had a limited education. Nice people, trying their best, but with limited resources.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2011, 01:01:35 PM »

Glad to hear it!

Me, too, even though I won't be there.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 01:17:31 PM »

I have been shopping for a CD to put me to sleep--literally. I need to drown out my noisy neighbors. Gregorian chants? Nature sounds? (NO thunder clap, please! And NO crickets!) Zen relaxation music? Anything that sounds like actual music would be too stimulating, I think. However, I should try Pachelbel's Canon, which I have here, but haven't used for this purpose.

Anyone have any ideas? 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2011, 01:18:01 PM »

That's enough of me for now.

TT.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2011, 02:32:45 PM »

Good Evening!

Dinner Break!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2011, 02:35:05 PM »

I have been shopping for a CD to put me to sleep--literally. I need to drown out my noisy neighbors. Gregorian chants? Nature sounds? (NO thunder clap, please! And NO crickets!) Zen relaxation music? Anything that sounds like actual music would be too stimulating, I think. However, I should try Pachelbel's Canon, which I have here, but haven't used for this purpose.

Anyone have any ideas? 

DR JEANNE if you have  Dollar Tree in your area.....they have a LOT of CD's for just this purpose......Restful Memories.....Dream Time.....titles like that.....they are very nice......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2011, 02:36:29 PM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2011, 02:39:09 PM »

Oh!

Chicken Pot Pie!

YUM!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2011, 02:41:51 PM »

Thanks for all the good advice.  I'm not calling back and they can just eat whatever they lost.  So far, paypal has not re-debited my account for these charges, so maybe they were able to do whatever they needed to do to stop those two authorizations from finalizing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2011, 02:42:09 PM »

Back from the four-mile jog and will soon have something light but amusing to eat.

FJL

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2011, 02:43:04 PM »

Anyone have any ideas? 

This might do the trick.  A parody of Babs' recording of WINDMILLS OF YOUR MIND   :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX0edstNkp0

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2011, 02:55:24 PM »

Anyone have any ideas? 

Do you have a SmartPhone/iPhone/etc.? If so, there are a bunch of apps that are geared towards helping someone get to sleep. They can monitor your sleep patterns, and some even play music and sounds.  Otherwise...

A friend of mine swears by turning on his TV to a "dead/white" channel - static.  He turns the volume down to a sensible level, then throws a sheet over the tv screen or turns the brightness all the way down. The white noise helps him get to sleep. -And if the TV has a timer, all the better.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2011, 03:14:27 PM »

26 guests!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2011, 03:20:50 PM »

"Cream" is apparently not alcohol flavored whipped cream, but rather alcohol-infused whipped cream!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2011, 03:21:59 PM »

Thanks to JRand, Fred, and Jose for their suggestions. Jack, there is a Dollar Tree in my area and I shop there, but have never seen CDs. Perhaps your store is larger than mine? I shall look again; maybe I just walked right by and missed them. (I'm good at that.)

Jose, I have a dumb phone. On warm evenings I often put on the fan, which drowns out much of the noise. But I don't like even the noise of the fan when I'm sleeping. I am soooo high-maintenance!

Fred, I got a good laugh at the parody and it did NOT put me to sleep!

I shall see what my old friend Pachelbel does for me on the next noisy evening. I shall also look for Jrand's fave.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »

Off to get a bite to eat.

Cheerio!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2011, 03:27:02 PM »

Thanks to JRand, Fred, and Jose for their suggestions. Jack, there is a Dollar Tree in my area and I shop there, but have never seen CDs. Perhaps your store is larger than mine? I shall look again; maybe I just walked right by and missed them. (I'm good at that.)

Jose, I have a dumb phone. On warm evenings I often put on the fan, which drowns out much of the noise. But I don't like even the noise of the fan when I'm sleeping. I am soooo high-maintenance!

I shall see what my old friend Pachelbel does for me on the next noisy evening. I shall also look for Jrand's fave.

DR Jeanne - A while(!) back, I learned that I cannot fall asleep to music since my musician's mind kicks in and starts actively listening to it. There were many times when I would put on an act/disc of an opera, and 50-68 minutes later, I would find myself listening to the finale of the act. Silence, street noise and darkness are what "lull" me to sleep.

*Or I have a cup of (regular) coffee about an hour before I want to sleep and let the caffeine drop do the rest.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2011, 03:27:38 PM »

"Cream" is apparently not alcohol flavored whipped cream, but rather alcohol-infused whipped cream!

I thought "Cream" was a band?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2011, 03:28:26 PM »

And with an hour until tonight's curtain, I believe I shall take a cat-nap.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2011, 03:30:20 PM »

DR Jeanne - A while(!) back, I learned that I cannot fall asleep to music since my musician's mind kicks in and starts actively listening to it. There were many times when I would put on an act/disc of an opera, and 50-68 minutes later, I would find myself listening to the finale of the act. Silence, street noise and darkness are what "lull" me to sleep.

*Or I have a cup of (regular) coffee about an hour before I want to sleep and let the caffeine drop do the rest.

Yes, I think that would happen to me, too. I'd be listening to the music, not sleeping. Silence doesn't seem to be an option here.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2011, 03:30:21 PM »

DR JEANNE in my store the CD's are in the aisle with the light bulbs, paint brushes, and dog leashes.

If you can't find them, let me know, and I can pick you up a couple this week.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »

Now I'm really going.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up