Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GOING MY OWN DAMN WAY  (Read 8473 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
GOING MY OWN DAMN WAY
« on: August 21, 2011, 12:30:18 AM »

Well, you've read the damn notes, the damn notes went their own damn way, and now it is time for you to post until the damn cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: GOING MY OWN DAMN WAY
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:31:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: OBJURGATION!

Michael

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 01:01:11 AM »

One of my favorite Claude Lelouch films is Les uns et les autres. It played for over three years in Montreal without the exception for two weeks each year as the cinema was used for the Montreal International Film Festivale.

I believe it was cut for its American release and renamed Bolero. (It was over three hours in the French version) My guess is that the Bolero was used for two reasons 1) It became popular because of Blake Edward's 10 releasse a year before. 2) The Bolero is also used a the finale of the film in a ballet. Other than that if memory serves the Bolero has no other connecton to the film

It was also filmed as a 5 part mini series
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 01:03:16 AM »

And of course Good Morning to All

All sort of vibes for those that need them
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 01:31:26 AM »

Good morning, all! It's very quiet in the hotel thius moirning. I suspect one reasson is that it's Sunday and the other is that it's the day after the big French-Irish game - the Irish lost - but I gather from the staggering waiter in the elevator it was a big party night. I was up until 11 finishing my new dialogue guides, which I hope work and which I hope Joe picked up on his way home.

Yesterday's and today's band rehearsals are in Monkstown, which is on the Irish Sea; it cost 13.50 euros to gewt there yesterday by taxi, and today I will ride out with Judy, our producer who's just landed in Dublin and on her way to the hotel. The orchestra played really well, and my worries about work not being finished were unfounded. We found several wrong notes, some I missed, some the copyists missed, and some Victor Herbert's. I got lots of compliments on the beautiful music prep, so I will pass that on to the whole team when I return. The soloists were fine - although my wonderful soprano Lynda is concerned about her dialogue - and they have a day off. Our young tenor Dean, who's come back from Munich, is in today since he took Friday and Saturday off to see family. So, it will be he and the chorus today.  He's good so I susapect he will be finished and out in no time at all.

The first cello and harpist are nephew and niece of the late Irish tenor Frank Patterson, with whom I worked on 4-5 of his Radio City St Patrick's Day events, so it wasa a pleasure to meet them. I still get ASCAP royalties on Frank's recording of 'America the Beautiful.'

So, I have to go and check my itenerary and see when I depart before I set up any meetings I cannot make.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 03:26:47 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 03:28:35 AM »

I'm eating my oatmeal on the patio. It's a beautiful Sunday morning. Bryn Terfl is singing I Have Loved from The King and I. The house is asleep, except for me. I'm listening to Beverley Humphreys and I'll read the New York Times when I leave here.

I will return to the city this evening. Anthony has some business on Long Island so he will be here for a few more days.

Bye for now.

FJL

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 04:44:47 AM »

Travel vibes to Ben

More of the vibes that have been working so far for Larry

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 06:35:25 AM »

Sounds like DR ELMORE is having a wonderful time.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 06:37:17 AM »

le CAMELOT est mort.    :'(

Closing night was our best performance.....and we had wonderful audience response....which was nice.

All struck and put away.....and now Don't Drink the Water can have the theatre!   ;D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 06:41:43 AM »

Closing night was our best performance.....and we had wonderful audience response....which was nice.

All struck and put away.....and now Don't Drink the Water can have the theatre!   ;D

I am quite sure that embassy had a round table.  ;)

Congrats on a good run.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 06:47:09 AM »

Just in case she happens to check in today, a Very Happy Birthday to DR Megan!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 06:52:46 AM »

And the word of the day is: OBJURGATION!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  SHOW ME

FJL

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 06:54:01 AM »

All struck and put away.....and now Don't Drink the Water can have the theatre!   ;D

I shall telephone Tel Aviv

FJL

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 06:54:43 AM »

Actually, is the DON'T DRINK THE WATER theme song being used?  It's a wonderful number.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 07:16:10 AM »

Thanks DR JMK.

DR FJL - I am not the director.....or it would be....although I have only heard the television movie theme.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 07:44:59 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I may do one more load of laundry this morning.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 07:48:39 AM »

NY1 Onstage has a report on the Splash Musical Mondays which Jose sometimes talks of here - if this was posted before, here it is again.

http://www.ny1.com/content/ny1_living/on_stage/145268/on-stage--chelsea-nightclub-holds-weekly-broadway-party

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 07:53:40 AM »

Otherwise...

It's another two-show Sunday followed by an overnight bus  trip back up to NYC.

I don't have much to do in NYC tomorrow, however, since I might not be able to make it back up until the second or third week of September, well... I was hoping to head back up next Monday for my "birthday Monday" as it were, but it looks like we'll be having another full day of rehearsal next Tuesday (we have a new member of the woman's ensemble going in that night), so... But, as always... We'll see.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 07:58:26 AM »

NY1 Onstage has a report on the Splash Musical Mondays which Jose sometimes talks of here - if this was posted before, here it is again.

http://www.ny1.com/content/ny1_living/on_stage/145268/on-stage--chelsea-nightclub-holds-weekly-broadway-party

And I believe I introduced a few DRs to Musical Mondays a couple of years ago. One of them even ordered coffee while he was there (DR MBarnum). ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 08:00:03 AM »

"What will tomorrow bring? The pundits query...."

FOLLIES to Receive New Double Cast Recording?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 08:09:02 AM »

bk - You can also buy "RFID Blocking Sleeves". -They're one of those "As Seen On TV" products, or you can buy them at Walgreen's and other stores.

Here's one brand that also sells various other RIFD Blocking accessories: Identity Stronghold
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 08:10:55 AM »

BK,

Don't waste your energy with Wal-Mart.

They don't care.  They will just eat the $240.00 (or whatever it is), because I'm sure they do it all the time.  It's not a big deal for them...and the manager knows that.

The police don't really care either.  They have worse bad guys to catch.

Just put in the claim to your credit card, the money will be refunded and then you can concentrate on more important matters...like writing and stuff.

I know it's s**t, but that is the way of the world.
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 08:11:01 AM »

And speaking of two shows and a bus trip, I have a couple of things to take care of before heading to the theatre, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 08:15:34 AM »

Rehearsal with orchestra and chorus is over, Judy has arrived safely and in three more hours we will meet for dinner. I may take a nap for a bit.

I am indeed having a great time, and I'm already sad to be leaving my new friends. Joe andf Jonathan are great guys and they've been super hosts. David Brophy, who works his butt off at too many jobs, is a wonderful conductor and I really think hye's special. His wife is our piccolo player, and I like them both very much. We've now played through every note of the score except for the little string dance that finishes the original opening of Act Two, and I'm anticipating no problems. I may compare the full score with the vocal score to ensuire that all is well.

Recording commences at 3pm tomorrow, which is 10am in Manhattan. Keep them good vibes coming!

BK, good luck with this Walmart mess.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 08:17:31 AM »

BK,

Don't waste your energy with Wal-Mart.

They don't care.  They will just eat the $240.00 (or whatever it is), because I'm sure they do it all the time.  It's not a big deal for them...and the manager knows that.

The police don't really care either.  They have worse bad guys to catch.

Just put in the claim to your credit card, the money will be refunded and then you can concentrate on more important matters...like writing and stuff.

I know it's s**t, but that is the way of the world.

Additionally...

Since Wal-Mart's computers are a Nationwide system, there's really no "need" to talk to the local manager. If you have a transaction number - or at least the time, amount and location (store number), you should be able to deal with their National customer service line.

If your credit card company has already credited back your money, well, that's all you really need to concern yourself with. Wal-Mart was not the criminal here, and even though they offered to help find the actual criminal(s), well... They probably won't take action until others report the same issue happening to them at the same store.

If you do want something officially on record, file a report with that Wal-Mart's local Better Business Bureau and/or Bureau of Consumer Protection. That will provide more focus on the BIGGER problem. and may be more helpful in tracking down the perps if there's some sort of "ring" going on.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 08:19:34 AM »

Oh...

OK...

This time for real...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »

Hi, I'm up, I have a killer headache right now and am not feeling the best.  I made some pancakes this morning and my stomach feels ok, but I'm not so hot.  Think I'll try a little gatorade, maybe I just need to replenish

Cillaliz

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2011, 09:28:58 AM »

I do need to get to the office for a little while today and should do the laundry.  Hopefully I can get those things accomplished

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2011, 10:16:52 AM »

Nice Sunday weather here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up