Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IMAGE + SOUND  (Read 12475 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: IMAGE + SOUND
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2011, 05:56:46 PM »

Good Evening!

So... We finished the matinee... Then they announced that the evening performance was cancelled.

...And we had a very good matinee, and a very good audience.

So, will you be staying over with Dream Curly?

Not tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2011, 05:57:22 PM »

...Besides, he's still dealing with a pulled muscle in his back. -If ya' get my drift.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »

That is a disgusting photo.

I agree, maybe it should be deleted.  What if the Vixter saw it.  BTW is it a water rat?

It's just a rat. A big rat. -Being "displayed" between the tines of a pitchfork.

*I've seen bigger ones rooting around the trash cans of George Washington University in DC. I used to think they were raccoons... Nope.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2011, 06:13:32 PM »

I agree, maybe it should be deleted.  What if the Vixter saw it.  BTW is it a water rat?

It's just a rat. A big rat. -Being "displayed" between the tines of a pitchfork.

*I've seen bigger ones rooting around the trash cans of George Washington University in DC. I used to think they were raccoons... Nope.

A rat, a pig, a dog, or a possum; it is still a disgusting photo.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2011, 06:13:48 PM »

Rehearsal dinner margin is now 61/72, so we're closing in on our final count.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2011, 06:16:07 PM »

I'm afraid that I will be unable to attend.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2011, 06:17:49 PM »

Darn!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2011, 06:40:06 PM »

And...

I think I'm going to use tonight's unexpected night off to catch up some laundry, rest and sleep. So...

A-wussburgering I shall go.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2011, 06:57:39 PM »

Darn!

But feel free to mail me any leftovers.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2011, 07:04:33 PM »

'night

Ginny

« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2011, 07:15:43 PM »

Early call tomorrow for our trip to Lima - 'night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2011, 07:18:53 PM »

The revival of Chicago has moved past A Chorus Line as the 4th longest running show ever. It surpasses A Chorus Line. The original production open in matter of days of ACL and was over shadowed in its time. I saw the original production with everyone but Chita Rivera as she had left the show. It was one of the first Broadway shows I ever saw.

IMHO I think Chicago is better show and it lights of what has happened with public trials on tv and other medium the show has become more relevant than it was when it first opened.

The show keeps on being rediscovered my younger audiences. I read that they get a lot of High School groups seeing it and for man teenagers this is the first exposure to Broadway.

It also helps with the revolving door of actors every 4 months or so. Some well known some not.

I've wondered if this revival would be doing as well as it has been IF...

-it had used the original book and score - Not the streamlined Encores! concert version.
-the movie version of it had tanked.

And as DR elmore pointed out, the producers have been able to keep this show running via some very blatant "Star Casting". Some of the leads come in for a few months, some only come in for a few weeks. However, it is nice seeing that they're starting to feature some relative unknowns lately such as Nikka Graff Lanzarone.

As for it being the first Broadway show for "man [sic] teenagers", the Weisslers have a very good educational program tied into to the show. They will hold a seminar-like presentation during the day, then the students will see either the matinee or evening show. Of course, bringing in Guest Stars such as Usher, Christie Brinkley, Kara DioGuardi (who starts next week), etc., also brings in some audience members who might otherwise not consider seeing a Broadway show.

Thank you for clarifying. I knew something like that and guess I wasn't able to verbalize properly as I new some of the facts, but not all of them
I was never a big "Chorus Line" fan, either. Thought Hamlisch's music was excellent at times, weak at others. But that was mainly because it eclipsed "Pacific Overtures" that year. I heard "Pacific" first, then "Chicago," then "Chorus Line." Still, I loved the movie about casting the revival of "A Chorus Line."

Whew!  I thought you were going to say that you loved the movie version of CHORUS LINE.

LOL!  ME TOO!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2011, 07:21:13 PM »

I concur, please DerB, can you remove it?  I'd really appreciate it and I think others would too.  I like to see you here, but not photos like that. 

Jennifer

« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2011, 08:02:07 PM »

We are supposed to get a lot of rain tomorrow. Hopefully we won't have too much flooding.

We were supposed to go to the circus. But not sure if we will now.

How much rain are you expecting?

They said maybe 55mm (not sure if that means anything to you). But hopefully it will be much less. That is a lot for here. A huge rainstorm might have 20mm.

Jennifer

« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2011, 08:10:29 PM »

My sis is gonna be mad. My niece is sleeping over and she wanted her in bed at 9:30pm. We were watching a movie and it finished at 9:35pm. So she was tucked in by 9:45pm. But she could not fall asleep. She only fell asleep at 10:45pm. I did everything i could think of. But nothing worked. I put on a kid's cd of songs. I rubbed her hair. I left the room. nothing.

I should have taken her Annie cd. She says that is the only way she can fall asleep.

Jennifer

« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2011, 08:12:43 PM »

She is obsessed with the cd of Annie. She listens to it every night as she falls asleep. She also has the newer dvd. Anyhow the older version with Aileen Quinn was on tv. So i recorded it and we watched it tonight. OMG my niece was on pins and needles very upset with the idea that people not her parents could take her.  She said it wasn't like that in the newer version (I wonder if they tried to make it less scary for the kids).

Anyhow i told her nothing bad would happen to Annie. And now she is fascinated by Punjab (who i guess is not in the newer version).

Jennifer

« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2011, 08:14:56 PM »

Before that we our free fried chicken tv dinners.

Last time we had tv dinners we had corn in our brownies. So we wrote to the company and they sent us vouchers for new tv dinners. My  niece was very pleased with that outcome.

The fried chicken, corn and brownie were surprisingly delicious. The mashed potato was pretty flavorless so i added some salt and margarine.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »

The revival of Chicago has moved past A Chorus Line as the 4th longest running show ever. It surpasses A Chorus Line. The original production open in matter of days of ACL and was over shadowed in its time. I saw the original production with everyone but Chita Rivera as she had left the show. It was one of the first Broadway shows I ever saw.

IMHO I think Chicago is better show and it lights of what has happened with public trials on tv and other medium the show has become more relevant than it was when it first opened.

The show keeps on being rediscovered my younger audiences. I read that they get a lot of High School groups seeing it and for man teenagers this is the first exposure to Broadway.

It also helps with the revolving door of actors every 4 months or so. Some well known some not.

I've wondered if this revival would be doing as well as it has been IF...

-it had used the original book and score - Not the streamlined Encores! concert version.
-the movie version of it had tanked.

And as DR elmore pointed out, the producers have been able to keep this show running via some very blatant "Star Casting". Some of the leads come in for a few months, some only come in for a few weeks. However, it is nice seeing that they're starting to feature some relative unknowns lately such as Nikka Graff Lanzarone.

As for it being the first Broadway show for "man [sic] teenagers", the Weisslers have a very good educational program tied into to the show. They will hold a seminar-like presentation during the day, then the students will see either the matinee or evening show. Of course, bringing in Guest Stars such as Usher, Christie Brinkley, Kara DioGuardi (who starts next week), etc., also brings in some audience members who might otherwise not consider seeing a Broadway show.

Thank you for clarifying. I knew something like that and guess I wasn't able to verbalize properly as I new some of the facts, but not all of them
I was never a big "Chorus Line" fan, either. Thought Hamlisch's music was excellent at times, weak at others. But that was mainly because it eclipsed "Pacific Overtures" that year. I heard "Pacific" first, then "Chicago," then "Chorus Line." Still, I loved the movie about casting the revival of "A Chorus Line."

Whew!  I thought you were going to say that you loved the movie version of CHORUS LINE.

No. Never. I'd rather sit through "Song of Norway" again. Even "Lost Horizon" the musical.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »

It made it up to 108 today. Seeing a jazz concert outside was not all that bearable.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2011, 08:28:54 PM »

so far it has just been raining an so far the rain has stayed out of the basement  but we are due to get the big hit in about 2 1/2 hours
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2011, 08:30:10 PM »

Cilla I had no idea you  were a musician!

vixmom

« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2011, 08:30:59 PM »

I am going  to go take a hot shower while I still can

vixmom

« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2011, 08:31:09 PM »

LATERS!!

I hope

vixmom

« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2011, 08:31:43 PM »

If you don't hear from me  we probably have no power

vixmom

« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2011, 08:32:19 PM »

Jane thankyoufor touching base with Matt  I have been thinking about him --- good to know he is safe

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2011, 09:23:43 PM »

Cilla I had no idea you  were a musician!

Neither did many of my Sioux City friends....until last night  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2011, 09:24:11 PM »

They are still talking about it today...in a good way :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »

VIBES TO VIXMOM AND ALL IN THE PATH OF IRENE ~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2011, 09:24:55 PM »

Vixmom, how far are you from the beach?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up