« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 11:01:47 AM »

And a fine brunch it was!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: 3-D
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 11:02:50 AM »

Which was followed by a truly more than fine stroll through Central Park - not by way of The Ramble DR elmore and TCB.

It really is another gorgeous Fall - inching toward Indian Summer - Day here in New York City.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 11:03:11 AM »

CRANBERRIES!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 11:03:44 AM »

UNDERPANTS!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 11:05:49 AM »

The big decision on Saturday is deciding what to buy for Sunday lunch.  I decided on shoulder of lamb, which should be really yummy.

Roasted? Braised? Butterflied, stuffed with breadcrumbs and herbs, rolled, tied, browned and then baked? Grilled?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 11:12:22 AM »

And for those who may have missed my quasi-flurry of post last night about the video I had posted, well...

Here's the YouTube link to the impromptu Stage Door Duet that occurred after one of the matinees of the closing weekend of Oklahoma! between our "Will Parker", Cody Williams, and a very young fan of the show.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 11:14:28 AM »

Back from the four-mile jog and shall now be on my way to the Hollywood Show.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »

Oh...

Catching up from Thursday...

I believe it was DR TCB who asked Joe Jonas...

He was not the one in the concert version of Les Miserables, nor will he be taking over in for Daniel Radcliffe and Darren Criss in the current revival of H2$. He is one of the other Jonas Brothers of Jonas Brothers fame/hysteria. His new solo albums drops on Tuesday.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2011, 11:17:13 AM »

Back from the four-mile jog and shall now be on my way to the Hollywood Show.

Have a good time at the Hollywood Show. Hopefully, you won't have to bail DR MBarnum out of jail later for not heeding the various restraining orders he currently has. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2011, 11:47:25 AM »

The big decision on Saturday is deciding what to buy for Sunday lunch.  I decided on shoulder of lamb, which should be really yummy.

Roasted? Braised? Butterflied, stuffed with breadcrumbs and herbs, rolled, tied, browned and then baked? Grilled?

Roasted with Boulangere potatoes and sliced green breans. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2011, 11:52:11 AM »

Saturday afternoon greetings from Lima, OH, home of Holy Nativity Pro-Cathedral of the Diocese of Mid-America, Anglican Province of America and its Dean, The Reverend Dr. Richard T. Palmer.  The ceremony went very smoothly this morning and the meetings adjourned shortly after lunch.  We are now relaxing before making what I think will be a very difficult home visit to one of our parishioners who this week began receiving Hospice care.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2011, 11:53:40 AM »

DR Jose, even with the wonky wi-fi here at the hotel, I loved the Stage Door Duet, especially when the other cast members began prompting the young Ado Annie!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Doug R

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2011, 11:54:46 AM »

Just got the Twilight Zone Season 4 Blu-ray (they've been coming out here slower than in the U.S.) This is the hour long season episodes which I rather like because it gives more time for character development. By the fourth season it also seems to me to be more polished, with higher production values than the earlier episodes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 12:00:17 PM »

Oh...

Pianist, Roger Williams has died. R.I.P.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 12:06:26 PM »

Roasted with Boulangere potatoes and sliced green breans. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Now I'm getting hungry too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2011, 12:38:31 PM »

Just got the Twilight Zone Season 4 Blu-ray (they've been coming out here slower than in the U.S.) This is the hour long season episodes which I rather like because it gives more time for character development. By the fourth season it also seems to me to be more polished, with higher production values than the earlier episodes.

One of my strongest childhood memories was of a vacation we took to L.A.  On the way we stopped in Las Vegas, and that night my parents went to see Steve & Eydie and left me and my two elder sisters alone in the hotel, and they insisted on watching Twilight Zone.  It was the hour long episode with Mike Nelson coming to the mysterious little town where his car crashes and his dog is (momentarily) killed.  I was scared out of my senses by that episode, even though watching it today, it's not very scary.  Of course I was a very young child then which may have had something to do with it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 12:40:26 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »

Interestingly (or perhaps not), on my birthday I was channel surfing and one of the old Outer Limits episodes which is forever imprinted on my memory was airing, the one with Gloria Grahame and "Drifter" who wanders into the mysterious mansion that turns out to be an alien brain.  Grahame's dialogue is an absolute hoot.  Her monologue about "motion. . .slow movement" made me howl.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2011, 12:40:51 PM »

In other media news, I am watching the new opera ANNA NICOLE, which is also a hoot (and two hooters, if you catch my drift).

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2011, 12:42:01 PM »

DR Jose the "All 'Er Nothin'" duet is so darn cute.  I needed a good smile & laugh.

While hiking today a yellow jacket stung my head and I have no idea what bit my leg & stomach multiple times.  I understand how the yellow jacket got tangled in my hair but I was wearing heaving jeans with a t-shirt tucked in & a sweat shirt over that.

Whoever compared the sting to a bad flu shot, this way way worst & still hurts like heck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »

In other media news, I am watching the new opera ANNA NICOLE, which is also a hoot (and two hooters, if you catch my drift).

But is it any good?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »

~~~~~BITES-BE-GONE VIBES TO DR JANE~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »

And for those who may have missed my quasi-flurry of post last night about the video I had posted, well...

Here's the YouTube link to the impromptu Stage Door Duet that occurred after one of the matinees of the closing weekend of Oklahoma! between our "Will Parker", Cody Williams, and a very young fan of the show.

:)
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »

~~~~~BITES-BE-GONE VIBES TO DR JANE~~~~~

Thanks.  My head really hurts.  How are you doing?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2011, 01:51:12 PM »

Back from the Hollywood Show.  I swear to you, I walked in there and the first thing I saw was Carol Channing looking completely dazed and I just wanted to vomit on the ground.  Everything about this show is horrid now - it's like a bad circus.  There was a nice crowd there, but in reality there were not many celebrities, basically only three rows, the smallest number I've ever seen there.  Some fun folks, though, like Lesley Ann Warren, Julie Newmar (sitting next to Lee Merriwether - one of them looks great and the other is one of the most frightening things I've ever seen), Rex Smith (I've known him for years now, and he really is sort of off-putting), Adam West, Ron Ely (again - he was in Chicago), and the Grease folks.  I talked to Barry for a while and saw Susan Buckner - that was really fun and we'll be having a meal in the next week or so.  I saw a couple of dealer pals, but I could not wait to get out of there - the whole thing just gives me the willies now and that can be placed squarely at the feet of the two idiots who now put on the show.

Oh, and Frankie Avalon looks great - what is it with these guys - James Darren, Frankie, Edd Byrnes, Bobby Rydell, etc - they all look incredible for their ages.

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2011, 02:12:12 PM »

We are back from our visit and it was not at all what I expected.  Mrs. G met us at the door herself and told us about what she's reading, who she emails every day, and how she's going to try to go to her grandson's wedding in 2 weeks.  Not that she isn't gravely ill, but she's living more fully than a lot of people who have nothing wrong with them.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2011, 02:16:52 PM »

I've been passing it about!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2011, 02:26:11 PM »

DR Ginny I admire Mrs G.  I want to go to bed with my little yellow jacket sting. ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2011, 02:27:08 PM »

One more post.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up