Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BREW THAT IS TRUE  (Read 13565 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE BREW THAT IS TRUE
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2011, 07:42:34 AM »

PAGE TWO!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2011, 07:44:03 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2011, 07:44:17 AM »

...And they do.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2011, 07:44:44 AM »

Oh...

And I believe I'm a little fuzzy-headed this morning...

::)

<hiccup>
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2011, 07:45:34 AM »

Oh!

And my friend, Rafael, also ended up joining us last night/earlier this morning too around 2:00am. Fun! Fun! Fun! <hiccup>
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2011, 07:47:30 AM »

And now we're all getting ready to head out for brunch and get Andy on his way back to EWR for his flight back home to Baton Rouge, LA. (Bah-tone rooge)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2011, 07:52:58 AM »

It has been my experience working with kids today.....as in high school age and a bit older.....in theater projects.....the SOME of them....NOT ALL.....but some of them consider what ever they are working on now as just another time waster that they are participating in until their big break comes.....reality tv.....youtube viral video.....

They see it happening to the likes of Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black, those people catching lightning in a bottle so to speak, and well as the songs goes "We know that when good fortune favors two such [people] it stands to reason we deserve it too."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2011, 07:56:15 AM »

JRand, I know I'm generalizing, but that's similar to the attitude I see that drives me nuts.  I see in some (not all) young people a real sense of entitlement - in the sense of they don't seem to think that they have to really work hard to get what they want, they are entitled to have it all immediately.  It drives me crazy. I think that's why I don't take the protests going on very seriously

Not everyone down at Occupy Wall Street is "young". In fact, all ages seem to be represented. Alas, some "factions" have started making some very radical statements in order to garner attention from the press - both local and national - and they're starting to skew the whole purpose of the protest in a direction it was never meant to go.

What interests me the most right now about the whole situation is the police response to whole event, protest. Even early on, it seemed liked the NYPD was preparing for the worst to happen, the true worst - when there didn't seem to be any sort of threat of violence - or major inconvenience - to anyone around them. There has been some great "objective" coverage on Twitter and YouTube, and I'm sure somewhere down the line there will be a slew of charges of overt force and wrongful imprisonment. -But, who knows? Maybe because everything is happening so close to Ground Zero, there are some other "threats" they are taking into consideration.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2011, 07:57:02 AM »

OK...

Off to brunch.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

KevinH

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2011, 08:46:58 AM »

Greetings from sunny Buffalo!  I'm in my sister's "Florida room" (a screened-in room off the back entrance).   Her dog, Sadie is resting comfortably on the wicker chair.   This will probably be one of the last weekends for such good weather.  I'm sure the snow will be here in the not-to-distant future!

KevinH

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 08:51:05 AM »

When I picked up my rental car, the Avis guy asked, "Is this your first time in Buffalo?"  I said "No."  He said "are you from here?"  I said "yes."  Then:  "are you here for the Bills game?"  "Um, no."   

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2011, 09:10:30 AM »

Betsy is home ill right now, watching BRIDESMAIDS.  I don't think one has to do with the other.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2011, 09:10:35 AM »

Bite/sting vibes for DR JANE.

Thank you.  While still swollen & sore my head feels much better today.

Jane

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2011, 09:12:40 AM »

Greetings from sunny Buffalo!  I'm in my sister's "Florida room" (a screened-in room off the back entrance).   Her dog, Sadie is resting comfortably on the wicker chair.   This will probably be one of the last weekends for such good weather.  I'm sure the snow will be here in the not-to-distant future!

Sounds nice.  Our daughter in-law is from Buffalo.

Jane

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2011, 09:13:18 AM »

Betsy is home ill right now, watching BRIDESMAIDS.  I don't think one has to do with the other.

FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR BETSY!!!

FJL

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2011, 09:17:55 AM »

If she's watching BRIDESMAIDS, I hope she doesn't have stomach problems. 

FJL

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 09:19:05 AM »

BRIDESMAIDS SPOILER

That last post of mine is a reference to the food poisoning, vomiting and diarrhea in BRIDESMAIDS.

FJL

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 09:19:44 AM »

In any case, hope Betsy feels better quickly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 09:24:54 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I did get eight hours of sleep - just.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 09:27:29 AM »

JRand, I know I'm generalizing, but that's similar to the attitude I see that drives me nuts.  I see in some (not all) young people a real sense of entitlement - in the sense of they don't seem to think that they have to really work hard to get what they want, they are entitled to have it all immediately.  It drives me crazy. I think that's why I don't take the protests going on very seriously

Not everyone down at Occupy Wall Street is "young". In fact, all ages seem to be represented. Alas, some "factions" have started making some very radical statements in order to garner attention from the press - both local and national - and they're starting to skew the whole purpose of the protest in a direction it was never meant to go.

What interests me the most right now about the whole situation is the police response to whole event, protest. Even early on, it seemed liked the NYPD was preparing for the worst to happen, the true worst - when there didn't seem to be any sort of threat of violence - or major inconvenience - to anyone around them. There has been some great "objective" coverage on Twitter and YouTube, and I'm sure somewhere down the line there will be a slew of charges of overt force and wrongful imprisonment. -But, who knows? Maybe because everything is happening so close to Ground Zero, there are some other "threats" they are taking into consideration.

After my taxes bailed out the greedy asses who caused a lot of the current economic problem, after I keep finding new "bank charges" from these same asses who remain greedy, and the fact I have to deal with candidates, supporting these asses and wanting to abolish social security whch I pay for myself as a self-employed person, I'm ready to occupy Wall Street, too!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:27:24 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2011, 10:14:20 AM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2011, 10:14:29 AM »

I suppose I should jog soon.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2011, 10:14:50 AM »

I really don't want to do all this typing today, but I have to do some of it for sure.

FJL

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2011, 11:11:18 AM »

BK - Are you sure none of these lyric are online in a format that you could cut and paste some of them?

Or does any colleague of yours have that optical character reading process that would convert them to the right format?

FJL

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2011, 11:13:53 AM »

Or is it optical character recognition?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2011, 11:27:15 AM »

I watched this 1986 British Mini-series, LOST EMPIRES, last night.

It stars Colin Firth and, guest starring in a couple of episodes are Laurence Olivier and Patricia Quinn, who was at Ray Court's Chicago show last week.  Nice lady.

If you haven't seen this show, it is well worth your time.

J.B. Priestley is one of my favorites. Did you get a DVD set of this? Am very interested in seeing.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »

I would join the one here if it weren't raining and I didn't have deadlines on the book to meet.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2011, 11:30:31 AM »

It stars Colin Firth and, guest starring in a couple of episodes are Laurence Olivier and Patricia Quinn, who was at Ray Court's Chicago show last week.  Nice lady.

J.B. Priestley is one of my favorites. Did you get a DVD set of this? Am very interested in seeing.

It was sent to me to review, a 3-disc set from Acorn Media.

I wish that somebody would put Priestly's AN INSPECTOR CALLS out on DVD.

I did that play during my freshman year at the University of Washington Drama Dept.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2011, 11:31:20 AM »

"The Adjustment Bureau" is the kind of movie I generally like and yet I don't like much of anything about this movie except Emily Blount and she's not in it enough.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2011, 11:32:07 AM »

It was sent to me to review, a 3-disc set from Acorn Media.

I wish that somebody would put Priestly's AN INSPECTOR CALLS out on DVD.

I did that play during my freshman year at the University of Washington Drama Dept.
I will look for it. I also wish someone would release the "Good Companions" mini-series that was done I think before "Lost Empires."
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up