Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BREW THAT IS TRUE  (Read 13564 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: THE BREW THAT IS TRUE
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2011, 12:27:40 PM »

This is definitely R-rated, but I could not stop laughing. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpGaNxIxqsE&feature=related
You can dream…or you can do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »

Betsy is home ill right now, watching BRIDESMAIDS.  I don't think one has to do with the other.

~~~Feel Better Vibes for Betsy!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2011, 12:37:05 PM »

This is definitely R-rated, but I could not stop laughing. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpGaNxIxqsE&feature=related

Now that was funny! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2011, 12:37:28 PM »

I'm off to my sisters, then to see "The Help."

Have a good day, all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2011, 12:41:27 PM »

Feel better vibes for Betsy.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2011, 12:41:58 PM »

DR JOSE who was that T A L L girl in your MAMMA MIA! tour.....she was the BEST!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2011, 12:47:36 PM »

Wish I could just cut and paste, but I'm using a template that doesn't paste in correctly and it's really time consuming to fix and then it still doesn't look like the rest.  I just have to grin and bear it - it's thirty songs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2011, 12:48:02 PM »

Back from the four-mile jog and am hungry, so I'll either go get something out or bring something back.

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2011, 01:25:10 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima and getting ready to leave tomorrow for Europe.  In addition to packing and such, we keep telling Rob things he needs to know about the house.  He'll probably be glad to see us leave...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2011, 01:31:32 PM »

Back from the four-mile jog and am hungry, so I'll either go get something out or bring something back.

That sounds like caveman talk.

FJL

« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2011, 01:34:03 PM »

Thanks for linking that, Druxy.    very funny.

Michael

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2011, 01:39:18 PM »

Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2011, 01:41:32 PM »

On the ELLEN SHOW this week, she is interviewing Liza Minelli on Tuesday and Glen Campbell on Wednesday.  Vegas bookmakers are taking odds on which one will be more out of it.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2011, 01:43:17 PM »

The weather here is ridiculously nice. It's hard to believe that last weekend was rainy and 45F. And today is sunny and 80F! Such a nice day!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2011, 01:44:15 PM »

Thanks for linking that, Druxy.    very funny.
Indeed.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2011, 01:44:46 PM »

On the ELLEN SHOW this week, she is interviewing Liza Minelli on Tuesday and Glen Campbell on Wednesday.  Vegas bookmakers are taking odds on which one will be more out of it.
LOL. And hwo would be sane enough to watch?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »

If she's watching BRIDESMAIDS, I hope she doesn't have stomach problems. 

ha ha ha. This cracked me up. :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2011, 01:58:33 PM »

LOL!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2011, 02:00:05 PM »

Another 2.5 hour long phone conversation on liner notes. Thank God I'm not paying for it. Very good talk, though.

And I'm starving.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2011, 02:43:09 PM »

JRand, I know I'm generalizing, but that's similar to the attitude I see that drives me nuts.  I see in some (not all) young people a real sense of entitlement - in the sense of they don't seem to think that they have to really work hard to get what they want, they are entitled to have it all immediately.  It drives me crazy. I think that's why I don't take the protests going on very seriously

I'm looking forward to THE IDES OF MARCH. What made you dislike it?

Oh, I don't know..part of it is just the story itself. It's one of those I've heard and seen this story line so many times that it was a little too predictable for me.   It has a fabulous cast, just not my cup of tea

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2011, 02:47:17 PM »

JRand, I know I'm generalizing, but that's similar to the attitude I see that drives me nuts.  I see in some (not all) young people a real sense of entitlement - in the sense of they don't seem to think that they have to really work hard to get what they want, they are entitled to have it all immediately.  It drives me crazy. I think that's why I don't take the protests going on very seriously

Oh, I don't know..part of it is just the story itself. It's one of those I've heard and seen this story line so many times that it was a little too predictable for me.   It has a fabulous cast, just not my cup of tea

When it comes to movies, I tend to be a perrenial patsy about plots. BK (MattH used to as well) will write that he saw the plot twist coming miles before it happened and I'll think, Duh! I didn't.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2011, 02:49:17 PM »

Good Afternoon!

So far today:

Brunch at Elsewhere.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »

We went to the hiking trails today & someone had put up a notice a swarm of angry yellow jackets had attacked the person & her dog yesterday.  It was lower on the trail than where I got stung.  While deciding to go through the area of the big attack we talked to another women who had been stung the week before on that same stretch.  She was stung on her wrist & the swelling is just now subsiding.  I told her the area where I got it yesterday so she could avoid it. 

Now I'm feeling lucky I only got stung once yesterday & that it was on my hard head instead of my wrist or shoulder. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »

Not everyone down at Occupy Wall Street is "young". In fact, all ages seem to be represented. Alas, some "factions" have started making some very radical statements in order to garner attention from the press - both local and national - and they're starting to skew the whole purpose of the protest in a direction it was never meant to go.

What interests me the most right now about the whole situation is the police response to whole event, protest. Even early on, it seemed liked the NYPD was preparing for the worst to happen, the true worst - when there didn't seem to be any sort of threat of violence - or major inconvenience - to anyone around them. There has been some great "objective" coverage on Twitter and YouTube, and I'm sure somewhere down the line there will be a slew of charges of overt force and wrongful imprisonment. -But, who knows? Maybe because everything is happening so close to Ground Zero, there are some other "threats" they are taking into consideration.

Maybe I'm dense, but I just don't get it.  I keep trying to figure out what they want to accomplish and I still haven't seen a straight answer from anyone interviewed.  The last interview I saw from someone there was "I see this movement as a movement of movements".  huh? 

I get the being mad about the economy, but occupying Wall Street isn't going to change that.  If they are upset there hasn't been an investigation of what happened, shouldn't they be mad at the president, attorney general and congress who haven't investigated? Shouldn't the protest be where the laws are made and the investigations are done?  It just doesn't make any sense to me.  I guess if I really knew what they are trying to accomplish I would see it differently.     

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2011, 02:52:16 PM »

I'm curious how Consumer's Report rates the washers & dryers I'm looking out but I'm not curious enough to pay to find out.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2011, 02:52:57 PM »

Then it was off to the Port Authority Bus Terminal to "drop off" our friend at the EWR shuttle bus stop for his flight back to Baton Rouge, LA, by way of Houston.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »

Oh, I don't know..part of it is just the story itself. It's one of those I've heard and seen this story line so many times that it was a little too predictable for me.   It has a fabulous cast, just not my cup of tea

When it comes to movies, I tend to be a perrenial patsy about plots. BK (MattH used to as well) will write that he saw the plot twist coming miles before it happened and I'll think, Duh! I didn't.

I hope you enjoy it. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2011, 02:56:26 PM »

I just finished dinner: a huge caesar salad nd a slice of pizza with fresh garlic, sausage and mushrooms. Yum!

I have to be up early tomorrow for auditions at Pearl Studios at 500 8th Avenue for the Appalachian Christmas piece. I'll be in bed early.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 03:04:59 PM by elmore3003 »

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2011, 02:56:30 PM »

I'm curious how Consumer's Report rates the washers & dryers I'm looking out but I'm not curious enough to pay to find out.

Jane, I think I still have an online membership to consumer reports. If you want me to compare some or send reports on particular machines I can try to get it for you

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »

Then I took a somewhat nice stroll on The High Line. I say "somewhat" since today's Indian Summer temps and sunshine brought out a lot of people. I walked it from 30th Street down to 12th. The recently opened second section is a bit "skinnier" than the first part, so it tends to crowd up regularly. Pedestrian gridlock. But, still, it was a nice stroll.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up