Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: REVENGE OF THE NOTES  (Read 14048 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: REVENGE OF THE NOTES
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2011, 09:05:16 PM »

Chines fod in bd
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2011, 09:11:02 PM »

OHHH I get it!!   Photos with WSMA would be a very good thing!

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2011, 09:11:53 PM »

DR Laura, I saw 3 monarchs this week.  Only one was flying south.  I was most disappointed with that  ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »

And this just made me smile... and laugh out loud.... ;D

That is so funny!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2011, 09:46:56 PM »

What fun to meet up with HHW friends in Chicago.

We should get the WSMA to take our picture. ;)

AND take pictures of the WSMA!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2011, 09:48:36 PM »

Finished with my viewing.  Shall now do some work, write notes, and then try to get to bed early as I must be up no later than seven-thirty.  The good news is that I did indeed figure out how to cut and paste the LACC script, so that should move along quite well from now on.

George

« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2011, 09:50:16 PM »

What fun to meet up with HHW friends in Chicago.

We should get the WSMA to take our picture. ;)

???  What's WSMA

World's Sexiest Man Alive.

Laura

« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2011, 09:54:38 PM »

DR Laura, I saw 3 monarchs this week.  Only one was flying south.  I was most disappointed with that  ;)

I should say. They have a long ways to fly. They can't afford to get lost.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2011, 10:25:44 PM »

Just posted on the Nudie Musical Facebook page:

Just got done watching the blu-ray. What an AMAZING job! I can't believe this is the same movie. This has to be one of the best HD transfers I have ever seen. It's almost as if a mint 35mm print showed up at my door today. Full review coming soon. Thanks SO much for putting this out!

MBarnum

« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2011, 10:26:50 PM »

A grand day in Paris, DR Ginny!

MBarnum

« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2011, 10:33:55 PM »

Got a call from Laurie Mitchell's husband Ron this evening letting me know that Laurie had a heart attack on Tuesday morning but that she is doing well...on Saturday, when she was with Kenny Miller and I at the Hollywood show, she had a slight spell of sudden nausea and we took her out into the lobby and had her sit down for awhile. She got pretty scared as she had never felt that way before. She thought maybe the coffee at the restaurant had just been way too strong, but I suspect she was having some heart problems even then, even though she seemed fine after about 20 minutes or so.

Any vibes at all would be greatly appreciated! She is such a sweet lady!

Laura

« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2011, 10:39:03 PM »

Vibes to your dear friend Laurie Mitchell!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2011, 10:39:12 PM »

Vibes for Laurie.

MBarnum

« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »

I visited with another of my interviewees today, an actress from the 1950s. This was the first time I had met her in person and was shocked to find that she is practically destitute.  :-[      Well, not even practically, she is destitute.

The poor woman lives on less than $900 a month Social Security plus $180 worth of food stamps. Her rent takes up every last bit of cash money and she has to rely on the $50.00 her brother sends her each month for her and her dog's medicine. She buys the dog human food and goes without, herself. She is thin as a rail and quite frail and She sold her car a couple of months ago just to pay her bills.

I took her to lunch at The Sportsman's Lodge, which she loved as she had gone there many times back in the day. Since I had a car I took her grocery shopping and to her pharmacy and on a few other errands. We had a lot of fun, but I just feel so sorry for her. I am going to do some searching on subsidized senior housing for her. I know she would be eligible, but it would have to be someplace she could have her dog as she will not give him up. He is 14 years old and she has had him since he was a pup....and he is one great, wonderful dog! Very sweet and very well behaved... but quite large, so it might be difficult finding a place that she can have him.

Laura

« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2011, 10:54:41 PM »

Such a sad story, MBarnum.

MBarnum

« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »

It just occurred to me that I did not mention here (I did on Facebook, however) that I had a swell lunch with BK the other day. We ate at Mo's in Burbank (this was my first time there). I had what was called a Slamdunk burger which was a burger with plum jelly! Who knew that would taste so good! My side dish was orange cous cous....or something like that...it was also very tasty.

Oh, I ordered my hamburger minues the buns...BK was horrified at the very thought.!

For desert I had a very chocolately cake. It was quite tasty!

I am forgetting what BK had now, but I think he had a burger of some type, as well, but with the buns. As always it was great fun to see Bruce!

George

« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2011, 11:50:34 PM »

Just posted on the Nudie Musical Facebook page:

Just got done watching the blu-ray. What an AMAZING job! I can't believe this is the same movie. This has to be one of the best HD transfers I have ever seen. It's almost as if a mint 35mm print showed up at my door today. Full review coming soon. Thanks SO much for putting this out!

Very nice, BK! 

George

« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2011, 11:51:23 PM »

Got a call from Laurie Mitchell's husband Ron this evening letting me know that Laurie had a heart attack on Tuesday morning but that she is doing well...on Saturday, when she was with Kenny Miller and I at the Hollywood show, she had a slight spell of sudden nausea and we took her out into the lobby and had her sit down for awhile. She got pretty scared as she had never felt that way before. She thought maybe the coffee at the restaurant had just been way too strong, but I suspect she was having some heart problems even then, even though she seemed fine after about 20 minutes or so.

Any vibes at all would be greatly appreciated! She is such a sweet lady!

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for MBarnum's Friend Laurie!!~~~

George

« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2011, 11:54:24 PM »

I visited with another of my interviewees today, an actress from the 1950s. This was the first time I had met her in person and was shocked to find that she is practically destitute.  :-[      Well, not even practically, she is destitute.

The poor woman lives on less than $900 a month Social Security plus $180 worth of food stamps. Her rent takes up every last bit of cash money and she has to rely on the $50.00 her brother sends her each month for her and her dog's medicine. She buys the dog human food and goes without, herself. She is thin as a rail and quite frail and She sold her car a couple of months ago just to pay her bills.

I took her to lunch at The Sportsman's Lodge, which she loved as she had gone there many times back in the day. Since I had a car I took her grocery shopping and to her pharmacy and on a few other errands. We had a lot of fun, but I just feel so sorry for her. I am going to do some searching on subsidized senior housing for her. I know she would be eligible, but it would have to be someplace she could have her dog as she will not give him up. He is 14 years old and she has had him since he was a pup....and he is one great, wonderful dog! Very sweet and very well behaved... but quite large, so it might be difficult finding a place that she can have him.

~~~Vibes of All Kinds for MBarnum's Other Friend and Her Dog!!~~~
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up