Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CHICKEN AND WAFFLES  (Read 13781 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: CHICKEN AND WAFFLES
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 07:42:18 AM »

DR Ben, I appreciated your posting the Amazon.com info several days ago. When I get to their Kindle page I go into a coma. I believe that I have successfully registered the damned thing, but I have no idea how to proceed. I really think I'd just as soon open a book than deal with all of this unnecessary madness.

I'll see you later today, DR elmore.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 07:43:37 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 07:46:15 AM »

I received the Blu-ray of Citizen Kane today, in a nice big box with extra goodies. It's a film which I admire rather than unreservedly enjoy but as one of the all-time classics I feel it has to be in my collection.

I have it on excellent authority  ::) that NO ONE cares as much about CITIZEN KANE as they do about SCARFACE.  At least according to the interwebs.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2011, 07:48:57 AM »

When I first moved to Portland, I was hired to play in a country band called THE WAFFLES.  I have yet to be hired for a band called CHICKEN.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2011, 07:50:21 AM »

Oh, and speaking of Blu-Ray Discs...

Today's Amazon Gold Box Deal is The Sound of Music - 45th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD Combo, Limited Edition.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 07:51:17 AM »

When I first moved to Portland, I was hired to play in a country band called THE WAFFLES.  I have yet to be hired for a band called CHICKEN.

<ba-doom chick>
Make Your Own Luck.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2011, 07:53:40 AM »

And the word of the day is: EKSTASIS!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  CHEEK TO CHEEK

"Heaven. I'm In Heaven........."

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 08:13:28 AM »

Sorry to sit here like so much fish, but our internet is sporadic.  Back now in the main lounge, listening to an architectural lecture and surfin' the net.  Just like my former students...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2011, 08:24:21 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing Terrence Malick's Tree of Life. I loved The Thin Red Line, didn't like The New World, thought Badlands OK and Days of Heaven bored me. So my reaction to his films is very variable.
I'm along similar line. Loved "Thin Red Line," hated "New World." But I also loved "Badlands" and found "Days of Heaven" beautiful but cold, and I saw the latter at a time when I was really young and didn't know how to respond to cold movies.

I'm just sort of surprises that "The Tree of Life" is already on DVD. Wasn't it just in the theatres this past summer, a few months ago?

I think it was released in early Spring, although I may be mistaken.

Ummmm...where have you been the past 5 or 6 years, DR Jose?   This is "normal".  The final "Harry Potter" movie will be out the first (or second) week in November...and it was released in...what...June?

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2011, 08:27:21 AM »

My Coby MP3/Video/Photo apparatus has arrived complete with instruction booklet.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2011, 08:27:28 AM »

TOD:

Best Chicken:  My mother's.  Every time.  Not even a contest with any other chicken I've ever eaten.  There was one other that was in a league of its own, although I cannot recall where I was when I ate it.  It was coated in corn flakes, of all things, and it was quite tasty.

Best waffle:  I am not a connoisseur by any means, but I loved the pecan waffle I'd occasionally order at The Waffle House on Pendleton Pike in Lawrence, Indiana.  Otherwise, I'm a "Belgian waffle" fan, and I've only eaten frozen ones.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2011, 08:29:50 AM »

I received the Blu-ray of Citizen Kane today, in a nice big box with extra goodies. It's a film which I admire rather than unreservedly enjoy but as one of the all-time classics I feel it has to be in my collection.

I have it on excellent authority  ::) that NO ONE cares as much about CITIZEN KANE as they do about SCARFACE.  At least according to the interwebs.  ;)

You couldn't pay me to watch SCARFACE again.   I think the interwebs are peopled by dweebs with unrequited libidos and an excess of testosterone. They enter puberty and express themselves freely based upon the movies that satisfy said libidos.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »

The Scarface poster is used as set dressing in many movies about said persons described by DR RLP.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2011, 08:40:38 AM »

Didn't the Academy forbid privately done screeners for members, or am I imagining that?  I'm thinking that may have at least something to do with the quick turnaround of product these days, especially as we approach nominating season.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2011, 08:55:33 AM »

DR George next time you visit your cousin take a good air mattress with you.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2011, 08:57:38 AM »

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday.  After dinner the internet was quite wonky on the boat and when I tried to open HHW I got this message:

“The website you are trying to reach has been blocked by the Ship Web Filter, as it affects the entire ship internet performance or contains content deemed unsuitable” Reason: Blacklisted due to Forums & Newsgroups

If you believe this is an error or need to access this link please contact your reception or HotelManager."

As you can guess, they've unblocked it for me...

:)

Jane

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2011, 09:01:03 AM »

TOD:  Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles is pretty delicious, but the one I really loved was Amber's Broasted Chicken. 

Our apartment in the Valley was around the corner from Amber's.  Unfortunately we couldn't afford it very often.  I remember going in to get some for our dog because he was sick & the woman behind the counter said she also gave it to her dog for the same problem.

Jane

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2011, 09:01:45 AM »

*I've actually been on a juice fast the past three days. I just needed something to reset my system after dealing with the kidney stones. I, apparently, had also strained some intercostal muscles somewhere along the line, so that was just another reason to get my insides in order. And now they are. And I should be easing back into my normal eating routine by the time I land in Chicago on Wednesday morning! ::)

Oh good!   Does this mean your kidney stones are gone?

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2011, 09:09:47 AM »

You couldn't pay me to watch SCARFACE again.   I think the interwebs are peopled by dweebs with unrequited libidos and an excess of testosterone. They enter puberty and express themselves freely based upon the movies that satisfy said libidos.

The original is great. 

I hate the remake.
You can dream…or you can do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2011, 09:12:58 AM »

Didn't the Academy forbid privately done screeners for members, or am I imagining that?  I'm thinking that may have at least something to do with the quick turnaround of product these days, especially as we approach nominating season.

I'm thinking you're correct on this.   It was a big deal when it was discovered these screeners were being used by pirates to bootleg copies.

JMK

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2011, 09:21:24 AM »

I'm thinking you're correct on this.   It was a big deal when it was discovered these screeners were being used by pirates to bootleg copies.

Damn it--to think I used up my once annual being correct comment on something like this.   ;D

Jane

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »

I can't imagine eating chicken & waffles together.  I have two best waffles.  The first was a Belgian waffle at the Mendocino Hotel.  If I weren't so full I might have ordered a second one.

We had a four hour layover at the Amsterdam airport and decided to hop the train into the city leaving our carry-on luggage in a locker.  We purchased some fresh waffles & other goodies to take back to the plane with us.  Oh my the waffles were delicious.

I don't know if the lockers still exist since 911 & suspect you have to go through security on the return trip from the city.  That was the best layover I have ever had at an airport.  The international area is one big gourmet shopping area which we allowed time to explore after our quick trip into the city/tourist area.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2011, 09:47:54 AM »

I'm up, I think.  Got eight and a half hours of sleep, so that's good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2011, 09:49:07 AM »

Best fried chicken - The Golden Lamb in Lebanon, Ohio.  I don't have a best waffle - but do like Roscoe's and the one I had yesterday.  Best hot dog was the Wiener Factory in their Golden Age before they got sloppy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2011, 09:50:12 AM »

The cult of Scarface is truly an enigma to me.  But the cult of a lot of De Palma's movies is an enigma to me, especially Dressed To Kill, Blow Out, and the dreadful Body Double.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2011, 09:51:51 AM »

They did stop the screeners for one year, I believe - but then all the Hollywood brat whiners, who'd rather die than go see a film in a screening room properly projected, got their way and they were reinstated.  Same with the score CDs - those were being sold (and are still being sold) at astronomical prices.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2011, 10:25:12 AM »

DR JMK:   Maybe you are now "wrong" and, therefore, "safe" to make many more such suggestions.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2011, 10:27:25 AM »

Jane

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2011, 11:38:08 AM »

DR Jennifer this afternoon I'll be making a trip to the library to pick up LOVE YOU MORE.  I had to wait a long time for it to become available.  I guess Lisa Gardner is popular.

I'll be returning THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BRIDGE, by Mary Lawson, which I think could be considered a young adult book.  I'm curious if you would agree.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »

Best hot dog is Cupid's, in the Valley, with their chili on top.  I have never been a fan of chili and was surprised how much I liked their's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up