Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CHICKEN AND WAFFLES  (Read 13786 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: CHICKEN AND WAFFLES
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2011, 11:59:09 AM »

I'm back from the McGlinnventory and Encores! I've got some tidying and vacuuming before our DR Jose shows up.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2011, 11:59:42 AM »

!!! Page 3 Dance !!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2011, 12:29:52 PM »

The cult of Scarface is truly an enigma to me.  But the cult of a lot of De Palma's movies is an enigma to me, especially Dressed To Kill, Blow Out, and the dreadful Body Double.
I completely agree. I was reminded of the cult with the NYT story yesterday on Pauline Kael. I loved her writing, but I never understood her fascination with his work.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2011, 12:30:30 PM »

Great interview with Jason Graae on his Perfect Hermany album:

http://broadwaystars.com/michael-portantiere/2011/10/jason-graae-loves-jerry-herman.shtml

I love the Robert Blake jokes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2011, 12:35:51 PM »

Back from the four-mile jog and really want that slaw dog, but I think I'll be content with tuna sandwiches today.  But I REALLY want that slaw dog.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2011, 12:51:46 PM »

I should really record the howling sounds DGD Yogi makes when Craig has left him "too" long in his room.  Earlier the dryer was making so much noise I couldn't hear Yogi.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2011, 12:55:44 PM »

DR Ginny, I have bad news from Middletown, OH: Roy Barton, Snooky's dad, died on Friday. Jim Goetz just emailed me. Roy was 89.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2011, 01:14:03 PM »

DR elmore & DR Ginny & DH Richard, condolences on the loss of your friend's father. 

John G.

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2011, 02:18:39 PM »

Back from the four-mile jog and really want that slaw dog, but I think I'll be content with tuna sandwiches today.  But I REALLY want that slaw dog.
Slaw dog. Reminds me of the Varsity in Atlanta. Also a great city for chicken and waffles. I need think of something else.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »

DR Ginny, I have bad news from Middletown, OH: Roy Barton, Snooky's dad, died on Friday. Jim Goetz just emailed me. Roy was 89.
My sympathies.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2011, 02:33:54 PM »

I received the Blu-ray of Citizen Kane today, in a nice big box with extra goodies. It's a film which I admire rather than unreservedly enjoy but as one of the all-time classics I feel it has to be in my collection.

I have it on excellent authority  ::) that NO ONE cares as much about CITIZEN KANE as they do about SCARFACE.  At least according to the interwebs.  ;)

Original or remake?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »

Didn't the Academy forbid privately done screeners for members, or am I imagining that?  I'm thinking that may have at least something to do with the quick turnaround of product these days, especially as we approach nominating season.

I'm thinking you're correct on this.   It was a big deal when it was discovered these screeners were being used by pirates to bootleg copies.

Damn it--to think I used up my once annual being correct comment on something like this.   ;D

It doeswn't matter since no one reads your posts anyway.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:01:18 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2011, 02:48:46 PM »

I find Terence Malick's films mostly inervating bores.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2011, 02:50:19 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »

My deepest sympathies to his family and all of his friends.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2011, 03:38:09 PM »

Another day, another mail call and NO sign of my "Lost Horizon" DVD-R...pre-ordered thru Warner Archives and mailed 9 days ago.

I "did" get my "Four Feathers" Blu ray disc, finally.   After notifying me of a delay, Amazon shipped my copy out two days later -- via USPS.   Never mind that I have Amazon Prime.   No...please....NEVER MIND!

It came today....4 days after it was mailed.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2011, 04:04:51 PM »

The Kindle has two books on it now. All is good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2011, 04:16:55 PM »

After the jog, I did some stuff on the computer, then took another piece of music to get Xeroxed.  I picked up the important envelope but no packages, did some banking, did some errands and whatnot, then came back home and ate two tuna sandwiches.  Then the editor came by and picked up the hard drive and that's being loaded into his editing system over the next two days.  Then he'll start cutting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2011, 04:17:35 PM »

Just had a nice chat with Richard Sherman - he's going to write a little something for our booklet and he's also agreed to sign the first 100 copies purchased, so that's great.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »

The Kindle has two books on it now. All is good.

:)

Jane

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »

My internet connection is sluggish & I fear it will go away all together, AGAIN.

I decided small paper backs are not comfortable to read so I passed up a book at Costco the other day.  I'm trying to find out if the book is available as an eBook  but so far can't.  While I was picking up my book on hold at the library I glanced at the "hot new books" section & saw the book I didn't purchase & grabbed it.  I checked & our library doesn't have ot on eBook & there are 24 people waiting for the hard cover I just brought home.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2011, 05:11:38 PM »

I'm home!! (and have been for about an hour)  I'm on my own computer...watching my own TV...petting my own cat...I'll be sleeping in my own bed...with my own pillows and blankets...take a shower in my own shower...well, you get the picture. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2011, 05:12:07 PM »

.....and PRISCILLA vibes for DR KEVIN H.

LOL, had to read this one twice

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2011, 05:15:02 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing Terrence Malick's Tree of Life. I loved The Thin Red Line, didn't like The New World, thought Badlands OK and Days of Heaven bored me. So my reaction to his films is very variable.
I'm along similar line. Loved "Thin Red Line," hated "New World." But I also loved "Badlands" and found "Days of Heaven" beautiful but cold, and I saw the latter at a time when I was really young and didn't know how to respond to cold movies.

I'm just sort of surprises that "The Tree of Life" is already on DVD. Wasn't it just in the theatres this past summer, a few months ago?

I'll be interested in knowing what you think, the only person I know here who saw it, didn't like it at all.  But it really could have just been him, lol

George

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »

DR George next time you visit your cousin take a good air mattress with you.

That's a good idea, Jane...I even thought about bringing my own pillow (after the first night that I slept there). :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2011, 05:25:01 PM »

My deepest sympathies to his family and all of his friends.

me too

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2011, 05:26:31 PM »

Best Fried Chicken...Gingham Inn
Best waffles....Lutheran Church Belgian Waffle fundraiser
Best hot dog:  Bob dog

George

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »

DR elmore & DR Ginny & DH Richard, condolences on the loss of your friend's father. 

My condolences, also.

George

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2011, 05:36:40 PM »

Just had a nice chat with Richard Sherman - he's going to write a little something for our booklet and he's also agreed to sign the first 100 copies purchased, so that's great.

Cool!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up