Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A HAZE OF A DAZE AND A WHALE OF A TALE  (Read 19407 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: A HAZE OF A DAZE AND A WHALE OF A TALE
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2011, 03:07:41 PM »

Page Five!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Doug R

« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2011, 03:09:56 PM »

I had to put my cat, Annie, down this morning.

:'(

So sorry DR Druxy. I've lost several cats and dogs and know how devastating it is.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2011, 03:11:49 PM »

Thank you, all, for the vibes on Joan's behalf. 

I am so very sorry, John G.  Continued prayers.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2011, 03:12:13 PM »

bk - OH!!!! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2011, 03:12:40 PM »

My previous post was in reference to the soon-to-be-released cast album.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2011, 03:13:18 PM »

DR GEORGE what part or parts are you playing in THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES?

I must have missed that post.

The tail or the paw.
“One thing’s universal,

Doug R

« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2011, 03:14:59 PM »

On top of that I have a $500 car repair bill...something about wing nuts and combers or something, I don't know. It had happened to one wheel a few years back, and now is happening to the other wheel. Hyuandai can't figure out why it is happening, especially since I have so few miles on my car and I don't drive over rough roads.

I've been thinking of getting a Hyundai - now you've got me worried.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »

I have been back from vacation since Friday night, but because my computer seems to be dying I have not been able to get onto HHW...it just doesn't want to load it, along with several other sights. IMDB takes FOREVER to load. I don't know what has happened to my machine, but it looks like it is time to get a new one.

On top of that I have a $500 car repair bill...something about wing nuts and combers or something, I don't know. It had happened to one wheel a few years back, and now is happening to the other wheel. Hyuandai can't figure out why it is happening, especially since I have so few miles on my car and I don't drive over rough roads.

DR MBarnum - Are you sure it's your computer? If it's mainly the internet you're having issues with, it could be an issue with your internet/cable set-up, provider. Have you tried resetting your internet connection by disconnecting all the cables for a couple of minutes, and then re-connecting everything and starting back up? Also call your cable/internet company to see if they can do a line test.

As for your car problem, have you checked for any possible involuntary recalls?
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2011, 03:20:02 PM »

I have been back from vacation since Friday night, but because my computer seems to be dying I have not been able to get onto HHW...it just doesn't want to load it, along with several other sights. IMDB takes FOREVER to load. I don't know what has happened to my machine, but it looks like it is time to get a new one.

DR MBarnum - Are you sure it's your computer? If it's mainly the internet you're having issues with, it could be an issue with your internet/cable set-up, provider. Have you tried resetting your internet connection by disconnecting all the cables for a couple of minutes, and then re-connecting everything and starting back up? Also call your cable/internet company to see if they can do a line test.

Also, I'd been having problems with Internet connectivity and it turned out that it was more than likely an old splitter.  When I plugged the cable directly into my modem and then into my computer, it was fine.  But when I split it to my computer and my TV, there were problems.  I got a new splitter and some new coaxial cable from Comcast (my Internet provider) and except for a few hiccups, I haven't had much problem at all.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Doug R

« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2011, 03:22:21 PM »

Wow! It's getting really cold now. Just got back home having had several drinks followed by a burger meal with egg, bacon, fries etc. Swarms of people about. I don't know why the center of London is so full of people on a Tuesday night.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2011, 03:23:33 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

The Carlyle (Grand Cafe) in Arlington, VA, used to have an appetizer of house-made potato chips drizzled with pesto and bleu cheese. It was soooooo good. The garlic and the basil in the pesto really helped to cut through and balance the fattiness of the cheese and the fried potato chips. And you had to eat the whole bowl as soon as they were placed on your table, because once they cooled down they weren't quite so yummilicious.

The Carlyle also used to offer a side of "garlic-potato cake", but it was actually more like a slice of a potato gratin casserole. Shredded potatoes mixed with a garlic cream, then baked until crispy on the top and bottom while still creamy in the middle. Now they serve mashed cauliflower. ::)

My guilty pleasure potato dish: A double order of The Hash Browns at Waffle House All The Way! Scattered (on the grill), Smothered (onions), Covered (cheese), Chunked (diced ham), Diced (grilled tomatoes), Peppered (jalapeño peppers), Capped (mushrooms), Topped ("Bert's Chili") and Country (sausage gravy)! -Usually the only meal I have to have all day.

What would be the approximate cost of your guilty pleasure (cash wise, not calorie or trans fat-wise)?
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2011, 03:24:30 PM »

And now I need to get ready to head out to run one more pre-trip errand, and then dinner. So...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

The Carlyle (Grand Cafe) in Arlington, VA, used to have an appetizer of house-made potato chips drizzled with pesto and bleu cheese. It was soooooo good. The garlic and the basil in the pesto really helped to cut through and balance the fattiness of the cheese and the fried potato chips. And you had to eat the whole bowl as soon as they were placed on your table, because once they cooled down they weren't quite so yummilicious.

The Carlyle also used to offer a side of "garlic-potato cake", but it was actually more like a slice of a potato gratin casserole. Shredded potatoes mixed with a garlic cream, then baked until crispy on the top and bottom while still creamy in the middle. Now they serve mashed cauliflower. ::)

My guilty pleasure potato dish: A double order of The Hash Browns at Waffle House All The Way! Scattered (on the grill), Smothered (onions), Covered (cheese), Chunked (diced ham), Diced (grilled tomatoes), Peppered (jalapeño peppers), Capped (mushrooms), Topped ("Bert's Chili") and Country (sausage gravy)! -Usually the only meal I have to have all day.

What would be the approximate cost of your guilty pleasure (cash wise, not calorie or trans fat-wise)?

Usually $4.00 or $5.00 depending on the city, location.

And that includes a cup of coffee.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2011, 03:41:27 PM »

A nice desk is a must.

DR JANE congrats on the new appliances....

Thank you.  The "sheets" setting seems to understand I have king size sheets. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2011, 03:41:55 PM »

I had to put my cat, Annie, down this morning.

:'(

My deepest sympathies to you and your wife.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2011, 03:43:07 PM »

Bruce congrats on the new deal!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2011, 03:44:50 PM »

I had a good day at Encores! today with Joshie; he assembled the finale for the Gala and I worked on a number that Brian Stokes Mitchell is doing. Tomorrow, I'll finish that and work on a couple of things for Kate Baldwin.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:51:16 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2011, 03:46:45 PM »

Here is what is should look like when completed:

Nice desk!
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2011, 03:50:05 PM »

DR Jose, I have not checked either of those things.

If there was a recall I would think that Hyundai would have informed me when I took the car in yesterday. Wouldn't they?

As for the computer....who knows...it is waaaaaaaay slow just loading Windows when I reboot, and has been ;like that for a few years. It is almost ten years old, so my guess would be a new one would certainly improve things. In fact I was looking at new computers and even the cheapest ones have WAAAAAAAAAAY more GBs, TBs, and MBs then my current one.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2011, 03:50:27 PM »

I'm a little nervous about that tempered glass top, but time will tell.

Don't have sex on the desk top.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2011, 03:53:35 PM »

THE JACK BENNY PROGRAM......

If any DRs get The Antenna Network on their cable system (Comcast has it), they are now showing THE JACK BENNY PROGRAM as well as BACHELOR FATHER, FATHER KNOWS BEST, and ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS. I am not sure when these were added to the line-up, but I only noticed it this week.

two Jack Benny episodes air each day, and it has become my dinner hour viewing each night!

Michael

« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2011, 03:57:35 PM »

Bruce congrats on the new deal!

And now he has something in common with FDR!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:59:30 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2011, 03:58:11 PM »

Thoughts, prayer, vibes of all kind to those in need and comfort.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2011, 03:58:32 PM »

JMK

You have a really nice desk!
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2011, 04:03:02 PM »

Dear TCB, I am going to be making some of that onion soup mix dip you were talking about recently for our little get-together tomorrow night.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Michael

« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2011, 04:07:44 PM »

THE JACK BENNY PROGRAM......

If any DRs get The Antenna Network on their cable system (Comcast has it), they are now showing THE JACK BENNY PROGRAM as well as BACHELOR FATHER, FATHER KNOWS BEST, and ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS. I am not sure when these were added to the line-up, but I only noticed it this week.

two Jack Benny episodes air each day, and it has become my dinner hour viewing each night!

The Jack Benny popped up on the RTV network (Reto Televison Network) but haven't see it in a while. The majority of their programing seemed originally to come from Universal Studos, but now there are also programs like Route 66, I Spy, The Saint, Starksky and Hutch, Movin' On Da Vinci's Inquest (from Canada) Highway to Haven,
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2011, 04:12:42 PM »

So between the dying computer and the messed up car I am gonna be out at least $1000, plus the money I am sending to the actress friend to help her get through the month...it is  beginning to look like my NYC trip in April is just not going to happen.

Was any of the unions able to help her or guide her to someplace that could?
Never stop dreaming.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2011, 04:19:23 PM »

BK really likes Frank Wildhorn?

That is a joke, unbunch any panties, yes I know the OCR is already out.  Thank you.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Michael

« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »

I Don't Get It #1

I received a coupon for $5.00 off Pirates Of The Carribean: On Strange Tides.

BUT..........

You have to buy the 5 Disc version!! You get the Blu Ray, DVD, 3D Version, and the Digital upload and one other disc that I'm not sure what it is.

I don't get the concept of Combo packs

I really only need the Blu Ruy.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 04:31:51 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2011, 04:32:26 PM »

I Don't Get It #2

My DVD of Lost Horizon was sent via UPS, but tracking today it said that it was transfered to the Post Office in West Palm.

Why would a package sent via UPS be transfered to a Post Office facility 25 miles from where I live?
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up