Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SAY IT SOFT AND IT'S ALMOST LIKE PRAYING  (Read 43429 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: SAY IT SOFT AND IT'S ALMOST LIKE PRAYING
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2011, 12:37:12 PM »

We have a new member in our congregation. This is Amber, the service dog.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2011, 01:05:17 PM »

AWWWWW!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2011, 01:14:16 PM »

Amber is BEE-yoo-TEE-full!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »

DR JANE your vacation looks WONDERFUL!!!!

So much fun in just a FEW days.

td

• td
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2011, 01:15:05 PM »

First step of the beet pickling experience is done; they are skinned and cubed.  Miss Molly now has a fondness for beet bites.

One load of laundry also completed.

Now to add sugar, vinegar, water and pickling spices, then to jar and seal.

Hello, DR td! -Will you be serving them with some horseradish "infused" sour cream?

Now, that's a wonderful idea!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2011, 01:17:03 PM »

First step of the beet pickling experience is done; they are skinned and cubed.  Miss Molly now has a fondness for beet bites.

Me want. The beets, that is. Not the laundry.

Come and get some!
I am about to jar the beets since they are coming to a boil. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2011, 01:20:49 PM »

I think I'm taking the day off from jogging.  I'm told that it's good to do that every now and then, and I'm beginning to think that jogging every single day actually impedes weight loss rather than help speed it along.  That's the way it's feeling to me anyway.  Plus I got such a late start on my day.  It's very nice out, though, so who knows?

Jane

« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2011, 01:27:07 PM »

I think I'm taking the day off from jogging.  I'm told that it's good to do that every now and then, and I'm beginning to think that jogging every single day actually impedes weight loss rather than help speed it along.  That's the way it's feeling to me anyway.  Plus I got such a late start on my day.  It's very nice out, though, so who knows?

Sunday's off to relax sounds like a good idea.  Alternating jogging with a cross trainer and/or weight bearing exercises might make a difference.  How about taking a good walk instead of jogging?

Jane

« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2011, 01:29:21 PM »

DR JANE your vacation looks WONDERFUL!!!!

So much fun in just a FEW days.

We were really looking for a longer cruise but this just looks beautiful.

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2011, 01:48:48 PM »

Dimanche evening greetings from Reims, France!  We were in the last group of six to depart the boat in a taxi van to Luxembourg City.  They dropped us first at the gare, where we checked our suitcases and grabbed a taxi to the Anglican Church of Luxembourg for the 11am service.  Afterwards, the chaplain offered to take us to lunch (we actually treated him).  He drove us out to the country to a favorite buffet place, then gave us quite a driving tour of the city and dropped us off in the old city center.  We walked around for a while, seeing the cathedral and the Grand Duke's palace and then we walked to the station, retrieved our bags, and boarded our train.  We had a very tight connection 8 minutes from Reims, but made it with not problems.  We're now settled in our hotel with a spectacular view of the cathedral.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2011, 01:54:42 PM »

DR Jane - your Tahiti adventure sounds fabulous!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2011, 01:57:40 PM »

I am beyond tired, so I'm going to go to sleep soon.  This hotel seems to have pretty reliable wi-fi, so I'll be back tomorrow with some more pictures - 'night!

Jane

« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »

DR Jennifer did you see this?

The fine print says it will air on Dec. 6th. 
Kevin Alejandro will play Bobby Dodge
Mark-Paul Gosselaar will fill Alex Wilson’s shoes. 
Carla Gugino as the infamous D.D. Warren

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2011, 01:59:05 PM »

What a cutie!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2011, 02:00:29 PM »

DR Jane - your Tahiti adventure sounds fabulous!

Not much in the way of interesting towns with beautiful architecture.  It should be warm with spectacular scenery.  Rain is a possibility though that I hope doesn't happen.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2011, 02:02:58 PM »

Dimanche evening greetings from Reims, France!  We were in the last group of six to depart the boat in a taxi van to Luxembourg City.  They dropped us first at the gare, where we checked our suitcases and grabbed a taxi to the Anglican Church of Luxembourg for the 11am service.  Afterwards, the chaplain offered to take us to lunch (we actually treated him).  He drove us out to the country to a favorite buffet place, then gave us quite a driving tour of the city and dropped us off in the old city center.  We walked around for a while, seeing the cathedral and the Grand Duke's palace and then we walked to the station, retrieved our bags, and boarded our train.  We had a very tight connection 8 minutes from Reims, but made it with not problems.  We're now settled in our hotel with a spectacular view of the cathedral.

What a day and with your own private tour of the city. :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2011, 02:54:39 PM »

I had a lovely lunch with Joseph Rubin at The Cottage on 77th and Amsterdam, I stopped at the 79th Street Duane Reade, and I am now home waitign to hear from Mr Appel. While I'm waiting for him, I think I will tidy up my writing table, a little prep work for the Appalachian writing I begin tomorrow.

I've also got tentative commitments for 2012 from Kim Criswell and Jason Graae for ROBERTA and from Danny Burstein for THE RED MILL.

I thought the Cottage had closed down or was that just Cottage II?

There is - or was - a cottage in the 40s on 9th Avenie. Are you thinking of that ne?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 02:58:27 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2011, 03:05:16 PM »

I had a chopped salad and a bagel for lunch.  Not so bad.  So far I'm resisting the jog today.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2011, 03:34:17 PM »

Resisting the jog sounds like a good idea.

DR GINNY thanks for the France Report!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »

Good Evening!

And now it's time for my second break of the day...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »

The performance of Benjamin Britten's "War Requiem" by the London Symphony Orchestra was beautiful and moving. Alas, since Fall is most definitely in the air, a bunch of the quieter moments were punctuated by coughs from various members of the audience. However, people seemed to settle down after the first movement, and I actually felt that the conductor made the pauses between the movements a little longer to accommodate the coughing, the sneezing, the shuffling of programs and such.

I had studied the "War Requiem" in my college Song Literature class, and I think this is the first time I've heard it performed live. -I say "think" only because I seem to remember a performance at The Kennedy Center. Or not. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2011, 04:15:21 PM »

I had a lovely lunch with Joseph Rubin at The Cottage on 77th and Amsterdam, I stopped at the 79th Street Duane Reade, and I am now home waitign to hear from Mr Appel. While I'm waiting for him, I think I will tidy up my writing table, a little prep work for the Appalachian writing I begin tomorrow.

I've also got tentative commitments for 2012 from Kim Criswell and Jason Graae for ROBERTA and from Danny Burstein for THE RED MILL.

I thought the Cottage had closed down or was that just Cottage II?

There is - or was - a cottage in the 40s on 9th Avenie. Are you thinking of that ne?

Yep, that was Westside Cottage II - Although, no one was really sure where Westside Cottage I ever was. -And, yes, that is now closed and has been transformed into some sort of bad Asian Fusion place.
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2011, 04:16:09 PM »

A question for all the technofiles out there.

I have a Panosonic HD Flat Screen TV & A Panosonic Blu-Ray Home Theater System. My Cable box and my Blu Ray are both conneted to the TV via HDMI cables.

I have the television audio go through my home theater system and here is where I have my problem.

It does not happen on all the channels, but for me there is a visual/audio delay of about perhaps 1 second or so when the audio does not match the lip movements. (These are NOT programs filmed in another language and then dubbed into English) It is off just that slight amont that it is annoying.

I have tried in the set up with "Audio Delay" at various intervals. I tried with auomatic, 0ms & 10ms (what I currently have it at). The 10ms worked for a short time but the problem is back.

Anyone have any suggestions how to fix it?

Stop watching TV.   ;D

LOL
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2011, 04:17:03 PM »

Taking a day off from any sort of strenuous exercise regime is always a good thing. You need to give your body and your muscles time to recover and rebuild. You'll find your next jog a bit easier. -At least it should be. Also, too much exercise could result in muscle loss and not fat loss since you may be overworking your muscles.
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »

So I just heard the expression "Bro-mos" for the first time today, apparently meaning gay people who are just friends, or gay friends of straight men.  Likely an offshoot of the word "bromance" I guess.

just thought I'd share. 

I always thought bromos was something you drank for an upset stomache.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2011, 04:17:36 PM »

Michael S., also from yesterday wrote:
I am attempting watch Camelot on TCM. It's painful. Vanessa Redgrave vocals have been slowed down from the Broadway versions.

Also is the dialogue in the film as bad as it was on the stage? Lancelot's is especially hurtful to the ears

While visiting my cousin last week, he and his wife said that the "Camelot" movie was their most favorite movie musical ever!

I told them that that I had been in a local production and that it was the only show that I didn't really know before doing it and didn't really like it after doing it. :-\

CAMELOT is one of my all-time favorite movie musicals.  I do not really care much for the stage version of the show; and I have probably seen six or seven productions over the years.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:20:04 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2011, 04:18:58 PM »

Hello, DR td! -Will you be serving them with some horseradish "infused" sour cream?

Now, that's a wonderful idea!

There's a small "artisanal" company here in NYC that makes jarred "beet caviar". It's basically shredded pickled beets with horseradish. It's perfect spread on crackers with some cream cheese. The perfect blend of sweet, sour, bitter, salty and creamy.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2011, 04:19:46 PM »

Jose, I remember Adam well.  And he should have heard my name much more recently because his girlfriend, Beth Leavel, was supposed to convey to him my regards :)

Oh... OK. Well... He spoke fondly of you. And that's all that matters. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2011, 04:20:23 PM »

Awww...

Hello, Amber!

Is she still in training? Or a full-fledged service dog already?
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »

Good morning, all! I have an event-filled day today: lunch at 1pm with my friend Joseph Rubin, who's now employed by the New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players (or NYGASP). We have a project that may start up soon, and it's time to catch up on things. Following that Zach Appel, the young baritone friend of our DR PennyO, is stopping by here for a visit. Zach is now in the opera program of Manhattan School of Music and working with Dona D Vaughn, the mother of my beloved goddaughter Charlotte.

Last night I watched about half of the Rene Clement film GERVAISE, based on the Zola novel L'Assommoir, with Maria Schell as Gervaise Macquart, laundress on the road to hell. Shortly after the banquet sequence and return of Gervaise's lover, which is the halfway point of the novel when everything in the story going well goes to hell as the Coupeaus become alcoholics and lose everythong, the disc began pixilating and freezing, so I had to turn it off. I read the novel while I was in Dublin, and I'd been looking forward to the film. It's too short: events covering 20 years seem to happen daily, the costumes don't move well from the 1850s to 1870, but I loved Suzy Delair as Gervaise's false friend Virginie, although she's more blatantly conniving and duplicitous than the character of the novel. The actress Florelle, star of Kurt Weill's French musical play MARIE GALANTE, plays Gervaise mother-in-law, Madame Coupeau. Now we need a good BBC miniseries of the great novel Nana, Zola's sequel about the rise and fall of Gervaise's daughter, who becomes the biggest musical theatre star in Paris, as well as the biggest whore bankrupting Parisian noblemen and millionaires, before she and the Second Empire die in the Franco-Prussian War.

I'm rereading NANA at the moment, and then I plan to read Zola's novels about two of Gervaise's sons, Germinal, about labor unrest, and Le Bete Humaine, about a serial killer.

GERVAISE is the word!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up