Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: EDITING  (Read 34361 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: EDITING
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »

i'm back! It was an amazing day: people started getting into character, things that hadn't jelled began to, and everything is righting itself. We had a runthrough and a half in the morning session; the show lasts around 75 minutes, and that's about the length we wanted.

We have a pretty, very young actress with a wonderful voice playing the young, pregnant wife, and she has the smallest part of the eleven actors. For most of the first part she sings offstage with the music in hand. She doesn't play an instrument, she has three numbers: two duets, and one solo, and she still doesn't know them! We've got cast members who play guitars, accordion, bass, fiddle, harmonica,  and also have to deal with singing and some dialogue for nearly twenty numbers and they've got most of it memorized. The MD went ballistic on the young lady today. It was harsh but she deserved it. If she wants to play in the big league, step up to the plate.

Those who have are these fantastic folk:
Deb Lyons: great great lady with a phenominal voice
David Lutken: if it's a folksong, he knows it, and besides being a charming laid back Will Rogers type, he plays guitar, banjo, mandolin, and dulcimer
Michael Hicks: harmonica, accordion, bass, and great rock'n'roll piano and he acts as our onstage conductor for some of the ensemble moments
Julie Foldesi: not just a fantastic singer and actress, she plays guitar and mandolin, and she's beautiful
Jared Sampson: he's our offstage voice and orchestra during those moments the cast onstage can't get to an instrument, and he's charming as the Prodigal Son/Joseph character
Scott Moss: we are so lucky he heard there was a spot open and pushed DJ for the job; he sings really well, knows the territory, being from Tennessee and North Carlina, and he plays guitar and bass
Steve McIntyre: fantastic bass player who is really funny as the local moonshiner
Rob McCaffrey: great voice and charm; not everyone needs to play. Rob just needs to break hearts with "I Wonder As I Wander." I think he will.

Around 10 years ago or so, I saw a lovely actress in THE RED MILL at Ohio Light Opera, and I told her to send me a photo and resume because some day we would work together. Megan Loomis is playing fiddle for us and playing the old maid daughter. She's as wonderful now as she was then. She and Steve McIntyre were in the SWEENEY TODD tour with Judy Kaye.

I have an evening to myself! I can watch tv, catch up on LARKSPUR TO CANDLEFORD, and get an extra hour's sleep before seven AM and the laundry tomorrow morning.

Color me happy today.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 03:59:12 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2011, 03:37:21 PM »

!!!! Page 4 Dance !!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »

DR Elmore - I'm glad to hear that things are looking up!  Enjoy your evening and day off and - BREATHE!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

KevinH

« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2011, 04:01:46 PM »

I'm back from the Washington Shakespeare Theatre--as I noted to DR Jose, I've seen shows at two Shakespeare theatres in the last two weeks (Washington and Chicago) and have yet to see Shakespeare.

Anyway, I thought The Boys from Syracuse was great!  And I'm crazy about Leslie Kritzer!  As Jose mentioned, we saw her at the restaurant (Teaism). I told her how great she was in the show. 

Thanks again to DR Jose for the ticket!

KevinH

« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2011, 04:02:44 PM »

I think "Sing for Your Supper" was my favorite song in the show.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2011, 04:03:55 PM »

DR Elmore - I'm glad to hear that things are looking up!  Enjoy your evening and day off and - BREATHE!

DITTO!

KevinH

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2011, 04:05:25 PM »

DR Kevin quick healing vibes!!

Thanks, DR Jane!   I got a few stares from people in the theatre.  I guess my bandaid (above my eyebrow) is pretty conspicuous.

KevinH

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2011, 04:06:32 PM »

DR elmore--glad to hear things went so well today!

Jane

« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2011, 04:06:40 PM »

We had light snow flurries today & expect similar weather tomorrow. I'm relieved sun is that sunshine is expected for Monday & Tuesday.  I would hate to have to cancel the gathering at my house on Tuesday due to snow.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2011, 04:28:24 PM »

I forgot to mention it has been raining.  At least the rain waited until the afternoon.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2011, 04:29:33 PM »

DR Kevin quick healing vibes!!
Thanks, DR Jane!   I got a few stares from people in the theatre.  I guess my bandaid (above my eyebrow) is pretty conspicuous.

DR Kevin, hmmm...I can understand a second glance, but stares for a band-aid-lol.

Laura

« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »

Glad you had a good day, Elmore.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2011, 04:52:43 PM »

Thank you, DR Laura, and everybody else! I'm hopping on and off to HHW as I check out all the things I need to learn on the innernet. I want to crash soon and chill out the rest of the evening.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2011, 05:12:58 PM »

A short history on daylight savings, plus a reminder to change the smoke & carbon dioxide alarms:
http://millvalley.patch.com/articles/turn-back-clocks-tonight-and-learn-some-daylight-saving-time-facts-51ae5f7a

Laura

« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2011, 05:19:29 PM »

The last thing we need in Arizona in the summertime is MORE daylight. You all can have it!

Jane

« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2011, 05:24:46 PM »

Yet you have some Native Americans who do want it. ;D

Laura

« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2011, 05:25:07 PM »

They are welcome to it.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2011, 05:25:43 PM »

Tomorrow morning I will not feel as if I slept later only that it will be lighter when I wake up, at least I hope it will be lighter out.  I do not want to wake up too early.

MBarnum

« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2011, 05:49:47 PM »

A short history on daylight savings, plus a reminder to change the smoke & carbon dioxide alarms:
http://millvalley.patch.com/articles/turn-back-clocks-tonight-and-learn-some-daylight-saving-time-facts-51ae5f7a

My smoke alarm was kind enough to remind me on it's own by beeping at me (because the old battery died).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 05:58:57 PM by MBarnum »

Jane

« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2011, 05:54:26 PM »

My smoke alarm was kind enough to remind me on it's own by beeping at me (cause the old battery died).

Do you know how old it is?  The article said if they are ten years old they need to be replaced.

MBarnum

« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2011, 05:59:22 PM »

I imagine it is fairly new, DR Jane, but it was already here when I moved into the apartment.

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2011, 05:59:38 PM »

Interviewed one of my favorite 1950s/1960s actors today, Paul Lukather, who, besides guest starring on every western ever made (it seems like), he starred in two very fun thrillers...DINOSAURUS (1960) and HANDS OF A STRANGER (1962).

Super nice guy, and of course he was one of Henry Willson's clients, also.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2011, 05:59:44 PM »

Good. :)

MBarnum

« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2011, 06:00:59 PM »

TOD:

I don't like Richard Harris.

As for Sean Connery....any film where he took his shirt of is my favorite.

MBarnum

« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2011, 06:01:53 PM »

DR JMK....Betsy would drool over Richard Harris?? Really?? Hmmm...I do have to question her taste. Now, Richard Harrison I could understand....but Richard Harris??

Jane

« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2011, 06:05:34 PM »

DR MBarum we continue to watch CHEYENNE & are a bit baffled with something.  I'm hoping you can solve the puzzle.  In early episodes we used to joke & guess at which point Cheyenne would take his shirt off.  About the same time the shirt stopped coming off a very obvious stunt double became a regular.  While the fat stunt double is no longer there are still scenes where a double is used.  Walker still looks & moves beautifully so we can't understand why a double is needed for him to jump out of a wagon.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2011, 06:14:13 PM »

Michael

« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »

BK.

Hoping you can help me out.

You recorded an instrumental version of Fred Karlin's "Come Follow Follow Me" on "Cool & Classic: Great Film Themes From The 70's"

I was wondering if you would have the sheet music with the lyrics?

I have been trying to transcribe the lyrics from the only vocal recording (Springfield Revival) I have of the song but not all the lyrics are intelligible.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2011, 06:35:55 PM »

"Wonka' actor who played Violet's dad dies at 87".

He was also nominated for a Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical for Redhead
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2011, 06:37:23 PM »

BK.

Hoping you can help me out.

You recorded an instrumental version of Fred Karlin's "Come Follow Follow Me" on "Cool & Classic: Great Film Themes From The 70's"

I was wondering if you would have the sheet music with the lyrics?

I have been trying to transcribe the lyrics from the only vocal recording (Springfield Revival) I have of the song but not all the lyrics are intelligible.

I don't have it - I believe it was published - check eBay.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up