Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: OUTSIDE THE BOX  (Read 37198 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
OUTSIDE THE BOX
« on: November 06, 2011, 12:05:32 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were outside the box, and now it is time for you to post until the outside the box cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: OUTSIDE THE BOX
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 12:06:02 AM »

And the word of the day is: QUEAN!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 12:19:52 AM »

And here are our two new releases - if you want to order now rather than wait, they're $17.98 each plus 3.75 shipping (for one or both), paid directly to paypal to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.

Kritzerland is proud to present two new CD releases:

INSIDE OUT Original Cast Recording
Music by Adryan Russ | Lyrics by Adryan Russ and Doug Haverty
Book by Doug Haverty

MELODYLAND Melody Hollis

“A BRIGHT, WITTY AND WISE MUSICAL COMEDY ABOUT THE WAY WE LIVE NOW.” New York Times

A therapy group, headed by group leader (Grace), is transformed forever when a new person (Dena) joins the group and winds up being a catalyst for change in the lives of (Sage) a flower child of the ‘80s, a powerful businesswoman (Liz), a gay, bank employee single mom (Chlo) of a teenage son, and (Molly), a mother of two young children who’s dealing with weight issues.   Featuring tuneful music by Adryan Russ and insightful lyrics by Russ and Doug Haverty, Inside Out, is every bit as timely today as it was when it premiered off-Broadway at the Cherry Lane Theater, where it received excellent reviews and praise for its amazing cast. 

“WE KNOW THAT GROUP THERAPY SESSIONS DON’T USUALLY INCLUDE SINGING AND DANCING, BUT RUSS & HAVERTY MAKE THE AUDIENCE BELIEVE IT’S THE MOST NATURAL THING IN THE WORLD … AT ONCE FUNNY AND TOUCHING.” Variety

Starring Ann Crumb (Aspects of Love, Anna Karenina), Harrriett D. Foy (Once On this Island, Mamma Mia), Kathleen Mahony-Bennett (Anything Goes), Jan Maxwell (Follies, Lend Me A Tenor, City of Angels), Cass Morgan (Pump Boys & Dinettes, Memphis), and Julie Prosser (Baby). 

Since its off-Broadway run, the show has had productions all over the United States and overseas, popular with regional and stock and amateur theaters because of its small cast and terrific book, music, and lyrics, and strong roles for women.  Originally released on DRG Records, that CD has been out of print for several years. We have completely re-mastered and re-packaged it for this release.
WELCOME TO MELODYLAND
Melody Hollis is an amazingly talented thirteen-year-old who, with her cabaret act, is certainly one of the youngest (if not the youngest) performers to do a solo cabaret show.  Melody appeared on Broadway in White Christmas as Susan.  She has also done the title role in Annie (alongside Broadway’s original Annie, Andrea McArdle as Miss Hannigan), film and television and commercials.  But her heart is in musical theatre, and this CD, recorded live at Sterling’s at Vitello’s, is filled with great songs, fun patter, and her infectious and winning personality.  She socks over classic songs such as “Part Of Your World,” “Hit Me With A Hot Note,” “The Boy From,” “Tomorrow,” an amazing “Sherman Brothers Nonsense Words” medley, “Let Me Sing And I’m Happy/Love, You Didn’t Do Right By Me” and lesser known songs such as “I Know Now” (from Snoopy! The Musical), “Born To Entertain” (from Ruthless!), “I Want To Be A Rockette” (from Kicks! The Showgirl Musical), – but it’s not all brassy uptempo songs – she also surprises with some incredible ballads like “Reflection/The Girl I Mean To Be (from Mulan/The Secret Garden), “A Quiet Thing” and a very touching “Children Will Listen” and more.
Melody Hollis will have you laughing one minute and melting your heart the next.  Cabaret Scenes raved “Her delight in performing was evident from the outset and her exuberant energy level carried through for the whole show – is there anything this young lady can’t do?” and Broadway World said, “Hollis can not only sing, dance and patter with the best of them, but she has a certain savoir faire and wisdom that go far beyond her years.  Her talent is unlimited – Brava!” 

Conceived and Directed by Bruce Kimmel, with musical direction by Steve Hollis.  Arrangements by John Boswell and Bruce Kimmel.

Both CDs are priced at $17.98 plus shipping. CDs will ship the second week of December – however, never fear, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).   To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 12:29:46 AM »

I was trying to upload the "uncompressed" version, which is about three gigs, but it took twenty minutes to do one percent, so I opted to use the "compressed" version, which is currently uploading much faster, although it's going to take about an hour.  The trailer was one minute and only took about ten minutes to upload and that was uncompressed, but this is a little over six minutes.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 01:00:03 AM »

I have just ordered INSIDE OUT and MELODYLAND. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 01:01:37 AM »

Stay up and watch episode one, George.  It's almost uploaded - another twenty percent to go, probably five to ten minutes.

George

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 01:01:47 AM »

BK, I remember you mentioning last December that you were going to release INSIDE OUT. :D

I searched and and found THIS post from December 02, 2010, 05:30:46 PM:

Had a nice lunch meeting with Doug Haverty and Adryan Russ.  We'll be reissuing their show, Inside Out, on CD with some fun bonus material and better sound.  The off-B'way cast was pretty terrific, and a couple of them have become very well known, so I think we'll do fine with it.

BK, I don't doubt that there will be better sound but will there be "some fun bonus material"?  (I know a lot can change in a year.)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 01:02:02 AM »

Stay up and watch episode one, George.  It's almost uploaded - another twenty percent to go, probably five to ten minutes.

I can wait!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 01:03:32 AM »

It's really taken me forever to figure out how to do the tags properly and the description stuff, but I think I finally figured it out.  Last time I put in all the info but after the thing uploaded none of it was there.  That's because there's a small thing way to the right that says "save changes" and you have to click that.  So, the last time I had to do it twice - this time I've clicked save changes and hopefully that will work.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 01:03:56 AM »

Ninety percent done.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 01:04:20 AM »

And watch it in 720p hi-def - just curious if it will play well that way.

George

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 01:05:33 AM »

And watch it in 720p hi-def - just curious if it will play well that way.

Okay.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 01:08:02 AM »

Two more percent and it should be up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 01:10:18 AM »

Now it says "processing" - have no idea how long THAT takes - it seems if you're uploading a compressed video it should go much faster than this.  Also, I got an error message saying it didn't save my changes.  I don't get this stuff.

George

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 01:13:02 AM »

Now it says "processing" - have no idea how long THAT takes - it seems if you're uploading a compressed video it should go much faster than this.  Also, I got an error message saying it didn't save my changes.  I don't get this stuff.

It's been a long time since I've uploaded a clip (and none have been in Hi-Def), so I don't remember what's supposed to happen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 01:13:35 AM »

Now it's seventy-nine percent processed and seemingly stuck there.  This is what I remember being so bloody irritating when I was posting all the What If videos.  It shouldn't be this hard.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 01:14:29 AM »

Processing is finished, and now just waiting to choose a thumbnail as soon as those show up - but it should be viewable now.

George

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 01:19:49 AM »

I'm watching it! ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 01:24:50 AM »

It's up, and it's working.

George

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 01:28:21 AM »

BK, that was VERY funny! 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 01:28:39 AM »

I posted on Facebook and now I guess I'll Twitter it, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 01:28:50 AM »

George

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 01:31:44 AM »

Will there be a cast recording??

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 01:32:27 AM »

There may well be!  Don't forget to "like" and leave a nice comment if you feel like it - and SPREAD the word.

George

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 01:01:12 AM »

Word has been spread on Facebook and Dave, who played Fred in TAO's Brain last year has already "liked" it!

George

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 01:18:44 AM »

And now, I must go to bed.

Good night, and congrats on the new web series, BK! ;D

Ben

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 03:51:43 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

FJL

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 03:51:48 AM »

Really funny episode, Bruce!!!!!! 

FJL

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 03:54:27 AM »

I adored INSIDE OUT when it was off-Broadway. 

And BK - your and our dear friend Maureen actually went on for a few days in the show; i believe she took over a role for its last few performances.

Jennifer

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2011, 04:28:27 AM »

If you go to youtube and type in Outside the Box you don't get your video, which is frustrating.

If you type in Outside the Box by Bruce Kimmel you get it and the trailer.

Here is the link for episode 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDzawV6B1vU
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up