Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: OUTSIDE THE BOX  (Read 37270 times)

FJL

Re: OUTSIDE THE BOX
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2011, 10:50:57 AM »

So nice to wake up to these comments, plus the You Tube comments, plus the Facebook comments.  Now to figure out how to keep spreading the word.  I've been loathe to start threads about it on the B'way boards because of the people who have a bug up their ASSES about me. 

Perhaps Guy Haines would like to trade dealing with each other's ASSES.  ;)

Remember what they say:  "Asses, asses, they all fall down."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2011, 10:57:19 AM »

FJL, thanks for posting on ATC.  I've bitten the bullet and posted on Broadwayworld, even though they just posted it officially, too.  No one seems interested there, though.  Maybe if Cheyenne Jackson were in it or their younger faves.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »

I just spoke to Kim Criswell. Our Miss Kimmy is determined to find a winter coat she likes before she flies back to London tonight. So, I won't be seeing our her until later in the day. I have to change the light bulbs in the kitchen and finish cleaning the bathroom now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2011, 11:00:26 AM »

So nice to wake up to these comments, plus the You Tube comments, plus the Facebook comments.  Now to figure out how to keep spreading the word.  I've been loathe to start threads about it on the B'way boards because of the people who have a bug up their ASSES about me. 

Perhaps Guy Haines would like to trade dealing with each other's ASSES.  ;)

Remember what they say:  "Asses, asses, they all fall down."

One can only hope.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »

Good Afternoon!

I layed/laid out all of my clothes before I left the house. I shall place them in my luggage when I get home.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »

And now...

A matinee.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2011, 11:33:28 AM »

DR JNK

From Yesterday re: Jesus Christ Superstar

Without looking it up I believe that Jesus Christ Superstar was nominated for Best Song Score Adaptation (or whatever they called it that year.) I don't think it would have been nominated for any kind of merit award. Merit awards are usually some kind of technical achievement and not for the film itself.

For example the film "EARTHQUAKE" was nominated for  regular categories and the technicians that created "Sensurround" and a camera platform for the helping the filming of the special effects were honored with awards and not necessarily a statue but a scroll, medal or a certificate of some kind. So these awards are not considered to be associated with the film but the technicians.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:36:53 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

td

• td
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2011, 11:43:25 AM »

I am very thankful to have awoken to the hilarity that OUTSIDE THE BOX brought to me. 
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2011, 12:53:46 PM »

The weather was quite mild here today. I think it was around mid 50s. So i was able to go on a bike ride. This week before that i only exercised twice (one bike ride and one time swimming). Not good. :(

Well at least with today it makes 3 times. I need to do more indoor exercise. I need to do more indoor exercise. I just hate it!

At least monday, tues, wed should be even milder. So that is good. Although there are some leaves now on the bike path. And a lot of people were out walking today. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2011, 12:54:19 PM »

DR Jane i thought you would enjoy the MENTALIST. I just found the whole episode disturbing. But the ending was crazy good. Loved it.

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2011, 12:56:41 PM »

When i went on my bike ride i forgot about the time change (meaning it would be dark at 5pm). So going out at 2:45pm was not that good (since it was the old 3:45pm).

I was at the book store with my niece. She had a giftcard from her birthday. She is so sweet. She had $15 left (which meant 3 books). And it was her idea to buy her sister a book. So her sister is getting the new Dora book. And my niece got the new Fancy Nancy book and a chapter book with her name in the title.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »

DR Jennifer, yes it was a disturbing episode and "crazy good" :)

I know how you feel about the indoor exercise vs outdoor.  At least my gym has a wall of windows overlooking the mountains.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2011, 12:59:18 PM »

I was at the book store with my niece. She had a giftcard from her birthday. She is so sweet. She had $15 left (which meant 3 books). And it was her idea to buy her sister a book. So her sister is getting the new Dora book. And my niece got the new Fancy Nancy book and a chapter book with her name in the title.

Very, very sweet.

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2011, 01:27:59 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  I could hardly wait to get home from Lima and watch OUTSIDE THE BOX.  It was certainly worth waiting for!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2011, 01:31:38 PM »

DR JNK

From Yesterday re: Jesus Christ Superstar

Without looking it up I believe that Jesus Christ Superstar was nominated for Best Song Score Adaptation (or whatever they called it that year.) I don't think it would have been nominated for any kind of merit award. Merit awards are usually some kind of technical achievement and not for the film itself.

For example the film "EARTHQUAKE" was nominated for  regular categories and the technicians that created "Sensurround" and a camera platform for the helping the filming of the special effects were honored with awards and not necessarily a statue but a scroll, medal or a certificate of some kind. So these awards are not considered to be associated with the film but the technicians.

Well, then , explain this and also this (you have to scroll quite a ways down on this one).  What's really odd (and which I didn't notice yesterday) is that its nomination for the Award of Merit was in 1973 while its "official" Oscar nomination was in 1974.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2011, 01:52:49 PM »

Hurricane Kim blew in and blew out, and it was 30 minutes of madness and fun. She makes me laugh so much, and she looks great. Now I've got to start packing.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2011, 01:54:32 PM »

And did Kim find a winter coat, DR Elmore?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2011, 01:59:50 PM »

So, Ohio has Issue 2 on Tuesday's ballot and I just hung up on Pat Boone who was robo-calling on the opposite side of the issue from all the voters in our household.

Richard's reaction:  "Pat Boone?  I thought he was dead."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2011, 02:10:45 PM »

As it turns out, the Shermans are coming here to sign the booklets.  It was rainy this morning so no jog, but it's clear now, so if I feel like it, I might jog after they leave.  I've already had some bacon and eggs.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »

Yep. At Lohmann's, I think she said.

Ben

« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »

So she was down in my neighborhood. If she went to Burlington Coat Factory she would still have been in my neighborhood.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »

So she was down in my neighborhood. If she went to Burlington Coat Factory she would still have been in my neighborhood.

I think, DR Ben, that she went to a Lohmann's at 74th Street in the Ansonia.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2011, 02:50:12 PM »

I wonder if any DR can record next Friday's episode of GRIMM for me?

Jane

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »

I'm done "assisting" making the Zacusca.  It is served cold so I have never tasted it warm-oh my is it delicious!!!  There was a time I would never serve anything but my own bread, tomorrow I will be buying some instead of baking.  I told Keith once Craig is gone if I make this he will have to help me.  I couldn't stir the big pot of ingredients without hurting my right shoulder. :(

Craig is disappointed as the eggplant wasn't that great & without a gas stove & oven we can't get that smoky roasted flavor, but otherwise it came out good.  By Tuesday it will be even better.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2011, 03:13:48 PM »

Sorry I can't help you DR elmore.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2011, 03:14:03 PM »

I miss having a Burlington Coast Factory.

JMK

« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2011, 03:20:59 PM »

I miss having a Burlington Coast Factory.

Wow, they're really branching out.   ;)

Jane

« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2011, 03:28:07 PM »

Took me a minute to figure out what you meant.  COAT, not coast. ;D

Jane

« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2011, 03:42:06 PM »

I found a Romanian video of how to make Zacusca & began watching.  Craig translated some of what the woman said until she began to throw everything into a food processor at which point he left the room in scorn mumbling about traditional Romanian women not having food processors.  It didn't look like she had even roasted the peppers & eggplant.  I'm sure what she was making wasn't all that great, certainly not compared to what we/Craig just made.

Laura

« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2011, 03:43:16 PM »

Joshie is fighting with another shoe lace. It is good to see him playing again.
"That's a lotta hamsters."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up