Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: COME RAIN OR COME SHINE  (Read 12868 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
COME RAIN OR COME SHINE
« on: November 17, 2011, 12:34:19 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes rained and shined - or is it shone - of course, if it's shone then perhaps rain should be rone - and now it is time for you to post until the rainy and shiny cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: COME RAIN OR COME SHINE
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 12:35:17 AM »

And the word of the day is: BIBLIOPHAGE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 12:51:19 AM »

I have to be at work this morning at 8:30 am...that's much too early for me.  A rep from our biggest book vendor will be giving some sort of demonstration at 9:00 am and I need to be there before she does to make sure that things are set up and ready to go.  I don't like being at work that early. :P But I must.

Good night. 8)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 03:26:26 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

FJL

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 04:00:41 AM »

Ron - re DWTS

Well, I'm not saying it's tit for tat.  I'm talking about an overall air of free-for-all disrespect that's set when (examples) Bruno would liken Chaz Bono to a penguin or an Ewok, or what Len did to Nancy Grace (whom I admit I don't like that much in her news work, but she deserved better than that "you've been like Cinderella at the ball all these weeks, now it's time to go home" last week.  But she's classy in some respects and was in the audience this week, wasn't she?)

I sometimes make fun at Skip taking TV drama series seriously, and he sometimes laughs at me taking DWTS so seriously.  Much of this was "good television" - at least I found it gripping at times, and much of this season's DWTS was appointment must-see-live TV for me.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:27:11 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 04:50:02 AM »

I've already gotten a tidal wave of angry emails (OK, just two) saying my SMILE parody on YouTube is unfair to Carrie Ann.  i should just be so lucky that it upset people enough that the video might go viral - LOL! 

But really, it just seemed like something silly and worth laughing and parodying about, that Carrie Ann berated Maks for SMILING! 

So here's a "Smile parody" about Maks vs Carrie Ann on Dancing with the Stars - all in fun, really!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ves12pka4I
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 04:58:37 AM by FJL »

Michael

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 05:00:51 AM »

I've already gotten a tidal wave of angry emails (OK, just two) saying my SMILE parody on YouTube is unfair to Carrie Ann.  i should just be so lucky that it upset people enough that the video might go viral - LOL! 

But really, it just seemed like something silly and worth laughing and parodying about, that Carrie Ann berated Maks for SMILING! 

So here's a "Smile parody" about Maks vs Carrie Ann on Dancing with the Stars - all in fun, really!

I put a like on the video.

Funny I thought it was going to be the other Smile from the musical of the same name.
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 05:02:42 AM »

I put a like on the video.

Funny I thought it was going to be the other Smile from the musical of the same name.

Thanks, Michael S!

Michael

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 05:02:46 AM »

DR JOSE

Thanks for all your contributions on this subject matter.

My local B & N is in the middle of constructing their Nook boutique.

I'll stop by on Sunday to see if its done yet
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 05:03:26 AM »

LOL.....Carrie Ann was telling Maks that Hope's awkward lifts were HIS fault not HERS.

DR JENNIFER how could Hopeless NOT know she was wearing a microphone pak....that is impossible.  And she is NOT a nice person - didn't you see the part of the story about her dissing her coach years ago? 

Maks and Hope were the perfect pair - two out of control egos struggling to be top dog in the pair and neither one accepting the fact that they have weaknesses.

I hope Maks is gone next year....although I have a feeling that reality TV has a Jayne Mansfield/Kardashian response to bad publicity - it IS publicity....people are talking about me....that's what's important.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 05:04:10 AM »

Jrand - Thanks for the YouTube comment.  (Your comment may be funnier than the video -  LOL, and thanks!)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 05:04:39 AM »

You should hear some of the comments WE get in our local DWTS competition....LOL.....of course that is for charity.

Michael

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 05:05:53 AM »

And the word of the day is: BIBLIOPHAGE!

An appropriate word of the day since there have been postings (mostly) mine about Nook, Fire & IPad
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 05:08:27 AM »

LOL.....Carrie Ann was telling Maks that Hope's awkward lifts were HIS fault not HERS.

DR JENNIFER how could Hopeless NOT know she was wearing a microphone pak....that is impossible.  And she is NOT a nice person - didn't you see the part of the story about her dissing her coach years ago? 

Maks and Hope were the perfect pair - two out of control egos struggling to be top dog in the pair and neither one accepting the fact that they have weaknesses.

I hope Maks is gone next year....although I have a feeling that reality TV has a Jayne Mansfield/Kardashian response to bad publicity - it IS publicity....people are talking about me....that's what's important.

If they get that 18-to-49 year old demographic to come back with these types of shenanigans, that's what it's all about for ABC, isn't it?  :)

Voting off Chynna Phillips in her bad week may have been the best thing to happen to this season for ABC.   I don't think people wanted to see Miss perfect be a front runner, and I love her as an artist, but the image she projected (I thought) was of having it all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 05:12:16 AM »

LOL.....nobody has it all except ....  well NOBODY has it all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 05:12:29 AM »

Well DR JOSE does, but he is the exception.

FJL

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 05:19:24 AM »

LOL.....nobody has it all except ....  well NOBODY has it all.

A nice moment was when Tom Bergeron said to Chynna not to take it SO VERY seriously - when he said "You've seen what the prize is, haven't you?" or something like that.

Although wasn't there a report that revealed that the contestant/stars on DWTS actually get paid well for each week that they're on - not sitcom or Simpsons-voicing money, but they were decent numbers.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 05:29:51 AM »

Yes, they are paid a fairly hefty fee for each week that they are on, and a bonus if they make it to finals.

http://www.dwts.org/page/DWTS+salaries%3A+How+much+do+the+stars+make%3F

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 05:30:38 AM »

This is from a couple of years ago, so it may be more now, and I am sure the professionals are making more than is listed here.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 05:32:01 AM »

Good morning, all! I had one very bizarre dream last night in which the cast from Hilton Head and I were terrorized by a large carnivorous dinosaur. My only memory of the dream now is asking if anyone had a knife sharp enough to cut its Achilles tendon, if dinosaurs have such muscular structure!

DR Jose, I don't think this show is going into anyone's rental catalogue yet. We still have clearances to obtain for some of the music, the book to finesse, etc. We're considering the Hilton Head production a workshop, not a finished product.

So, today I'm staying pretty close to home. I've got to begin serious editorial work on the music prep for ROBERTA and THE RED MILL. I think I'll begin with ROBERTAS since it's the one most in need of a reconstruction.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 05:33:38 AM »

Roberta Needs Reconstruction is the title of my new E! reality series!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 05:33:53 AM »

And now I am off for 1/2 day of work.

Oh......

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 05:38:28 AM »

TOD:

Peanut butter & jelly sandwich.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 05:40:06 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 05:41:22 AM »

TOD:

Pickled foods like olives, cornichons or baby pickles, artichoke hearts, giardinara, you name it.
Nuts
90 percent dark chocolate
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 05:44:35 AM »

Am running very late. Will watch the video tonight, FJL.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 06:09:16 AM »

Am running very late. Will watch the video tonight, FJL.

Thanks, JohnG

FJL

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 06:10:42 AM »

Yes, they are paid a fairly hefty fee for each week that they are on, and a bonus if they make it to finals.

http://www.dwts.org/page/DWTS+salaries%3A+How+much+do+the+stars+make%3F

What a great site!  Thanks for that link, Jrand.

Kerry

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 06:31:53 AM »

It's nice today. So everybody have a nice.  A nice for you, a nice for me.  And be nice.
I like boat races.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2011, 06:42:47 AM »

LOL!   
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up