Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THAT WILL BE THAT  (Read 14508 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THAT WILL BE THAT
« on: November 22, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were the notes and that was that, and now it is time for you to post until the cows will be cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THAT WILL BE THAT
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:26:36 PM »

And the word of the day is: TRAMMEL!

Doug R

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 01:47:01 AM »

Another cold morning. Had baked beans and thin chorizo slices for breakfast which warmed me up a bit.

Doug R

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 02:08:04 AM »

Everything is going wrong lately. By "everything" I mean gadgets, appliances etc. A few days ago my Fuji camera went wrong only a few months outside of the guarantee. Fuji's on-line standard repair quote was ridiculously high compared to the original price of the camera, so I took advantage of their repair upgrade where they supply a new camera at a discounted price and they supply labels to send the old camera back.
At the same time my DVD recorder has stopped recording. At least it's still under guarantee so I can take it back to the shop for repair - but it's another inconvenience and will probably take weeks before I get it back.
Then, this morning, I switched on my bathroom fan heater but it refused to switch off! So the bathroom was soon reaching astonomical heat levels. I had to switch the house electricity off, open the cover and disconnect the cables. It looks like the plastic device holding the switch pull cord has broken but there's no way of repairing it, so I've had to order a complete new heater from Amazon which should be here tomorrow. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:14:11 AM by Doug R »

Ben

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 03:25:44 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 03:26:21 AM »

We're off to Long Island for the weekend then back to brunch with friends and dinner on Monday with friends from Middlesborough (Teeside).

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 05:05:49 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ben

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 05:25:46 AM »

It's now become dinner at Tamarind on Saturday, brunch with old college friends on Sunday and dinner on Monday with our Teeside friends.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 05:46:00 AM »

And the word of the day is: TRAMMEL!

And The Song Of The Day Is: THE SURREY WITH THE FRINGE ON TOP

Jennifer

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 06:00:12 AM »

We got our first snow of the season! :(

I'm not sure how much. There was supposed to be up to 5cms overnight. And maybe 2cms more this morning. Yuck!

The odd thing is that this will probably be the only snow for at least 2 weeks. because as of Friday the temps are supposed to get warm again (it is supposed to be like 50F+).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 06:07:11 AM »

God morning, all! I didn't get to bed until around 1 AM so I slept late. I'm on my first cup of coffee and pondering the weekend's possibilities.

This is my first Thanksgiving in around 20 years where I have absolutely no plans and no invitations. I may spend tomorrow and part of the weekend catching up on movies. I'll spend some time on the Fandango site seeing what's playing around town.

DR Jose, the CD is the recording of Victor Herbert's cello and piano music. The songs won't be out until early 2012.

Today, I've got both ROBERTA and DEAREST ENEMY to play with. The apartment needs vacuuming and tidying up, so that's my first chore.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 06:10:51 AM »

DR DOUGR you sound like Mr Finchley from that Twilight Zone episode.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 06:11:16 AM »

DR ELMORE what style of music IS Lysistrata Jones?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 06:11:24 AM »

MR BK what is a opera mic?

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 06:11:29 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  This morning I have to go for a blood test, then to visit my Mom, then to pick up our Thanksgiving turkey.  After those errands, I can stay home and prepare for tomorrow's festivities.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 06:11:37 AM »

Why was I born, why am I living?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 06:12:16 AM »

DR MBARNUM what did the lead from STING OF DEATH have to say?  I don't think I've ever seen the interview.

And now I am off to Zumba.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 06:36:33 AM »

Everything is going wrong lately. By "everything" I mean gadgets, appliances etc. A few days ago my Fuji camera went wrong only a few months outside of the guarantee. Fuji's on-line standard repair quote was ridiculously high compared to the original price of the camera, so I too advantage of their repair upgrade where they supply a new camera at a discounted price and they supply labels to send the old camera back.
At the same time my DVD recorder has stopped recording. At least it's still under guarantee so I can take it back to the shop for repair - but it's another inconvenience and will probably take weeks before I get it back.
Then, this morning, I switched on my bathroom fan heater but it refused to switch off! So the bathroom was soon reaching astonomical heat levels. I had to switch the house electricity off, open the cover and disconnect the cables. It looks like the plastic device holding the switch pull cord has broken but there's no way of repairing it, so I've had to order a complete new heater from Amazon which should be here tomorrow. 

This is what DW Wife Betsy refers to as "tech stress."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 06:37:27 AM »

I don't think Zumba would be part of the answer if the lyrics to that piece were written today.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 06:37:36 AM »

I skimmed through the new BD of BIRTH OF A NATION last night and was once again appalled at how hideous large swaths of that film are.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 06:47:48 AM »

Now they tell me department:  Just got an email with the subject line:  Russian Wives are BEST!!!

JMK

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 06:48:27 AM »

I have a cleaning company coming today that I got via Google offers.  I'm hoping they can get the house in ship shape for Thanksgiving, as we're having a lot of people over tomorrow for dinner.

JMK

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 06:50:20 AM »

I have a rather eclectic group of reviews to upload today:  THE DEBT, THE LEGEND IS BORN:  IP MAN, and an anime two-fer, COICENT/FIVE NUMBERS.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 07:06:38 AM »

DR ELMORE what style of music IS Lysistrata Jones?

Very contemporary pop, I would call it, transformed into a theatrical idiom.. It sounds like stuff I would never listen to if I were twisting a radio dial. I can't imagine the characters in the show performing much else and I thought it worked really well here. Would I buy a cast album? I don't know.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 07:07:07 AM »

Paging Helen Morgan!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 07:19:58 AM »

I had a nice surprise this week.

Every few months, I do a Google of my father, who died in the late 1960s and every now-and-then I come up with something new about him that I didn't know.  [Everybody should try this.  It's a great way to come up with family histories.]

This week, I discovered that, back in 1919, Dad had written and copyrighted a song, "Encouragement".

[Actually, as a child, I recall seeing a torn copy of the sheet music in our piano bench, but I never paid much attention to it and I have no idea what became of it.]

In any event, I contacted the Library of Congress and the nice lady there is sending me a photocopy of the song.

Now, I just need to find somebody who can play the piano and sing it for me, possibly as a MP3 file.

BK?

::)

Maybe I'll turn it into a music video.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:13:28 AM by Druxy »
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 07:39:29 AM »

Well, out of the blue, tomorrow's plans change for the better! Thank you, Skip and Fred.

John G.

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 07:42:12 AM »

Now they tell me department:  Just got an email with the subject line:  Russian Wives are BEST!!!
Da!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 07:42:58 AM »

I had a nice surprise this week.

Every few months, I do a Google of my father, who died in the late 1960s and every now-and-then I come up with something new about him that I didn't know.  [Everybody should try this.  It's a great way to come up with family histories.]

This week, I discovered that, back in 1919, Dad had written and copyrighted a song, "Encouragement".

[Actually, as a child, I recall seeing a torn copy of the sheet music in out piano bench, but I never paid much attention to it and I have no idea what became of it.]

In any event, I contacted the Library of Congress and the nice lady there is sending me a photocopy of the song.

Now, I just need to find somebody who can play the piano and sing it for me, possibly as a MP3 file.

BK?

::)

Maybe I'll turn it into a music video.

That's a great story.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 07:43:58 AM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up