Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MULTITUDES OF SALVOS  (Read 12050 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: MULTITUDES OF SALVOS
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2011, 02:03:48 PM »

From Bruce:
I got a nice e-mail from Bert I. Gordon - we're going to try and have dinner in a few weeks.

That is nice.

Please tell him I have received dozens of emails from her classmates, all filled with only kind words for the person she was.

Jane, that's very sweet. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2011, 02:04:54 PM »

I'm kind of frustrated over this latest wrong shipment, as I thought I had found a completely odd, MAD-esque poster I had when I was probably 10 or so, and this fool seller shipped the wrong item.  I'm hoping against hope they still have the correct item and can ship it to me.  A few days ago another brain dead seller sent me a children's book instead of the TV Guide I had won.  How hard is it to keep track of this stuff?  Back in the day I used to sell tons of stuff on eBay (before their policies got so ridiculous) and I never, ever shipped the wrong item.

A couple of weeks ago, I won a computer game that my family had in the late 1970s, the Magnavox Odyssey 300.  After I won the auction for only 98˘ + $15 shipping, the seller cancels the order as "out of stock." :P When I searched the seller's completed listings, they had sold another one just a few days earlier for more money (I think about $15 +15 shipping), but they haven't listed it again.  They may have just accidentally listed it a second time without realizing that it has been sold, but they should've told me that that was the reason.

:P again.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2011, 02:06:01 PM »

What I hate about Facebook: the damned instant messaging when I'm trying to post something or stopping by for a look-see; I don't necessarily stop on the site to stay there and visit with someone who could pick up a phone and call me. What a novel idea!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2011, 02:12:40 PM »

The Repepsicans are invading Sioux City - I was wondering if DR CILLA LIZ would be in attendance.  It's too bad that there is really no one among the group right now that I would consider voting for.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »

More PT vibes for DR JANE.

nice to see DR CP here for a bit.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2011, 02:15:05 PM »

DR JMK - I just had a bid canceled - I think because my HIGH bid wasn't high enough....and just a few weeks ago, I told the story of the seller who said the items were shipped and she couldn't do anything about it if they never arrived.  I emailed that I would open a PayPal dispute to get my money back - but that I really wanted the items.  I said I would pay shipping again if the items were still in stock.....and BAM.....instant refund.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »

I am most intrigued by the idea of the two new releases that MR BK was talking about......

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2011, 02:40:39 PM »

DR JRand61, I had meant to thank you for the news about Ovation and the various versions of NUTCRACKER. Some of them look quite frightening.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2011, 02:41:44 PM »

Back from what I hope was my last shopping trip (other that grocery) before Christmas.  Most people I encountered in the stores were crabby and I don't care to be around them the week before Christmas.  Next Monday, I will do a major grocery trip and then spend the week baking and cocooning with my family.  Today's trip was mostly for stocking stuffers and assorted nonperishable foodstuffs to fill the basket we're giving our niece/goddaughter for her Miami graduation tomorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2011, 03:22:28 PM »

Fingers crossed, it appears the seller can send me the correct item.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2011, 03:23:09 PM »

This has been kind of a nostalgic Christmas for me, what with getting these old TV Guides and this poster.  Who knew the 60s and 70s could hold so many memories?  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2011, 03:47:50 PM »

:D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2011, 04:15:59 PM »

Of physical therapy, that is.

LOL.  Thank you.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2011, 04:18:38 PM »

If you see this as a background for a live outside shot, it's Paul's mural.  It's 1/2 block long and two stories high and depicts 4 building fronts in the 1800s

Nice, and funny it will be the back drop for the debate.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2011, 04:20:51 PM »

Fingers crossed!

Jane

« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2011, 04:21:28 PM »

Thank you DR's John G, JMK, Doug R, George, &  Jrand.  My session went well today.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2011, 04:23:42 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I got some practicing done today. That was something.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2011, 04:25:29 PM »

Came home to discover that the house had been burglarized during the day. Somebody kicked in the front door. The bird is OK and the house is so messy that I don't think anything was stolen. The bed had been moved, but the burglar didn't seem to want dirty dishes, books or CDs everywhere.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2011, 04:26:39 PM »

Last Friday was my final workday of 2011.  Yes, that's right.  You read me correctly.  My last 2011 workday.

It wasn't all smooth sailing, however, since the end of that day.  No, I had to prepare for my annual flight home AND the office "Holiday Pot Luck" which was on Monday.

So many things had to be done...things had to be mailed, things had to be shipped, things had to be cleaned, things had to be picked up, things had to be sorted through and things had to be cooked.  I prepared a huge bowl of green beans, a sweet potato souffle and two coconut pies.  That was my contribution to the potluck which was tons of fun.

When I got out of bed Tuesday morning (travel day), I placed my suitcase on my bed and began the ordeal of selecting what I would be wearing for the next two weeks.

This was an ongoing (until about 2 p.m.) task until I realized I was done and could close everything up and place it near the front door. 

I flew out of San Francisco at 10 p.m., arrived in Atlanta at 5:20 a.m. yesterday and departed Atlanta for Columbia (SC) Airport at 8:10 a.m.   We arrived at 9:09 a.m.

During my trek to Columbia, it occurred to me that I had failed to pack a couple of things that were essential to my peace of my mind, so I told my mom we'd need to stop at a Walmart to pick up a few things.  It turned out she and my aunt, both, needed things from Walmart.

Thus began Day 1 of my trip home for the holidays.   We had beef stew and cornbread for lunch, and then I retired for a 5-hour nap.  I never sleep much on those overnight flights.  It doesn't help when your seat has been changed and you find yourself on the 1st row facing a bulkhead and the workstation for the flight crew.  No end of noisiness, light and traffic of other passengers opening and closing restroom doors.  I was not pleased.  It was all a big "mystery" as to what happened to my pre-selected seat of 3C and why it was, at the last minute, given to someone else as an "upgrade".  Given the look of the guy who got "my" seat, the mystery wasn't too mysterious.  I figured him for a Federal marshal-type.  Sigh.  You can't argue with security!

We ate ham sammiches for supper with some potato chips.  I did some computer upgrades for my mom (new browser, updating Adobe flash and reconfiguring one of her Facebook apps).  I retired at 10 p.m. and slept the sleep of petrified logs.

Day 2 has begun.  I made a strong pot of coffee, had a breakfast of fried eggs, sausage and grits, and am now having my third cup of coffee while I type these notes.

The weather, thus far, is like the Bay Area's...highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s-lower 50s.  It's like I never left Oakland, weather-wise.

I have a tree to decorate this morning.  More anon...

Ron, I am glad that you managed to complete your travel without any HHW vibes.  Have a great visit, and keep us up to date (especially about all the food).
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2011, 04:27:02 PM »

I've been working on Outside The Box music and scripts almost all day long.  I've got the songs now for three episodes - now I have to think of the ideas for the three that follow those - I have one fun one, I think, but it requires some reading on my part to see if I can make it work, which I think I can.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2011, 04:27:06 PM »

And I caught up with my friend, Michael, who's been in quite the funk lately. The last time I saw him was back in August, and between now and then he's had to deal with the death of his mother as well as the passing of two very dear friends. He also had to travel to Thailand a few weeks ago, and he still seems to be dealing with the jet lag (too). In any case, it was great to see him, and it was encouraging to sense that his very gloom and doomy emails about his current emotional state were leaning a bit toward the dramatic state. However, it was also encouraging to hear that he saw his doctor yesterday just to get checked for any imbalances in his system, physical, physiological, psychological or otherwise.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2011, 04:27:41 PM »

From Bruce:
I got a nice e-mail from Bert I. Gordon - we're going to try and have dinner in a few weeks.

That is nice.

Please tell him I have received dozens of emails from her classmates, all filled with only kind words for the person she was.

Jane, that's very sweet. :)

There were a few more emails when I returned home. :)  I'm glad I sent the original email to everyone though apparently a few people knew before I did & a couple knew it was happening.   

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2011, 04:27:56 PM »

Came home to discover that the house had been burglarized during the day. Somebody kicked in the front door. The bird is OK and the house is so messy that I don't think anything was stolen. The bed had been moved, but the burglar didn't seem to want dirty dishes, books or CDs everywhere.

OH!!!

~~~~~CALMING VIBES TO YOU~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o

Are you ok?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2011, 04:29:06 PM »

And now I need to get ready to head down to the Barrymore for an evening with Patti and Mandy. It should be loud. ;)

*In all honesty, I'm really looking forward to their show.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2011, 04:29:26 PM »

Vibes for the friend of DR Jose!!!

JMK

« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2011, 04:29:53 PM »

Oh, no!  Make sure to do a thorough check.  I assume you've phoned the police.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2011, 04:30:38 PM »

Leg cramps at night can be a sign of dehydration - drink lots of water before going to bed.

Yes, if you drink lots of water just before going to bed will keep the leg cramps away.  Probably because you will be up every hour going to the bathroom so that will work the cramps out of your leg.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JMK

« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2011, 04:31:37 PM »

When I was renting years (and years) ago, we got broken in to and robbed, and the worst part was we knew it was the neighbor guy, who had a key to our house (the guy's apartment house, which he managed, and our house were owned by the same guy).  I only got a boombox stolen but one of my housemates' mom had just died and all of her jewelry was stolen.  Horrible.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2011, 04:31:52 PM »

Shocking news DR JOHNG!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up