Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A LITTLE LOOK BACK AT 2011  (Read 10262 times)

Jennifer

Re: A LITTLE LOOK BACK AT 2011
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 07:24:00 AM »

Poor rex!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 07:31:19 AM »

Today begins a five day weekend for me.  I might veg out a little but one thing I want to accomplish today is to dissemble and tie-up the collection of cardboard boxes that have gathered in my basement over the past few months and especially the past few weeks and have it all ready for the recyclables pick-up on Monday.  Then I might go visit a few Targets to see if I can find season 3 of MAD MEN (still on sale at $9.99)

"What is a 'weekend'?" -- DOWNTON ABBEY
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 07:35:41 AM »

I also understand the couple who bought seats and was required to give them up. That's why I fought Lilah so hard. They should have offered to upgrade them to better seats.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 07:36:53 AM »

2011 has largely been a year of incredible blessings.  My health has seen a somewhat precipitous decline, but otherwise we have so much to be thankful for.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 07:37:50 AM »

Today begins a five day weekend for me.  I might veg out a little but one thing I want to accomplish today is to dissemble and tie-up the collection of cardboard boxes that have gathered in my basement over the past few months and especially the past few weeks and have it all ready for the recyclables pick-up on Monday.  Then I might go visit a few Targets to see if I can find season 3 of MAD MEN (still on sale at $9.99)

Betsy's been rewatching to prepare for next week's debut of Season 2.  I heard her laughing hysterically downstairs last night and knew exactly what line had just occurred.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Michael

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 07:39:53 AM »

A quick hello from a computer at work.

The best thing that happened this year was that my father came home after 8 months in the hospital and/or rehab.

Everything else mostly sucked on a personal level.

BUT I am looking forward to the new year with one unresolved issue.

I will try to log on tomorrow. but I will not have computer access over the weekend.

In case I don't I wish every individual at Haines His Way and especially Mr. Bruce Kimmel a very happy, healthy, hearty and a prosperous and successful new year.

All kinds of health, happy, work and any other vibes that will be needed in the coming year.

I also want to thank everyone who gave me advice, vibes and gently gibes.

Lots of love, happiness and peace in the world.
Michael

PS I will definitely be back in the new year as soon as my laptop is fixed.
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2011, 08:25:12 AM »

Betsy's been rewatching to prepare for next week's debut of Season 2.  I heard her laughing hysterically downstairs last night and knew exactly what line had just occurred.  :)
Funniest line all year and delivered as no other could.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2011, 08:25:53 AM »

Happy New Year, Michael S.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ben

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2011, 08:26:26 AM »

We now have a pantry full of food. Now the question is, What's for dinner?

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2011, 08:27:17 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Another low-gear day for me, most welcome after the holiday frenzy last week.  I do have to go grocery shopping today and will try to stock up enough to make it my last trip of 2011.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 08:40:21 AM »

TOD - highlights of 2011 for me:  DS Rob's wedding to our lovely DD-i-L Mary Linda and the glorious trip to Europe with Richard to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 09:19:59 AM »

A line from DA that also made me laugh.....was Maggie Smith's in aversion to electric lighting in the house.....

"I feel as though I'm onstage at the Gaiety."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 09:20:26 AM »

Here is my brother's dog Nubbins who came to visit last week.  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 09:21:33 AM »

And here is Nubbins with my brother.  My brother is on the left.  ;D

John G.

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »

And here is Nubbins with my brother.  My brother is on the left.  ;D
Thank you for making the distinction. The one on the right is certainly cute.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2011, 09:52:15 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm wondering if I'm still on Los Angeles time after being back for three weeks. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2011, 09:53:38 AM »

I'm up and have already had a nice telephonic conversation with the Apple senior tech, since he's really the only person I've talked to at Apple who actually has quick solutions to problems.  I've been having weird stuff with the Mail program, first on the old computer and it has carried over to this one.  I talked to someone yesterday but they were as baffled as I and we didn't do anything.  The senior tech asked me to do a re-index on all accounts - we had to go into applications and delete certain folders that were then rebuilt and re-indexed.  Now I'll monitor things and see if it's helped and/or fixed.  Hopefully it will have, but if it hasn't then we'll speak again and try the next thing.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2011, 09:54:54 AM »

As for yesterday's seating issue at the theatre, well... I only heard what was passed on to me by the assistant stage manager, so... ??? However, I also found last night that in addition to the seating issue before the matinee, there was also a patron who fell down in the balcony, and taking care of him added to the delayed start time.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2011, 09:56:49 AM »

We now have a pantry full of food. Now the question is, What's for dinner?

Papaya King?

Or as DR MBarnum would say: PaPaYAKing. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2011, 09:58:16 AM »

~~~~~VIBES FOR REX~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2011, 09:59:24 AM »

I'm up and have already had a nice telephonic conversation with the Apple senior tech, since he's really the only person I've talked to at Apple who actually has quick solutions to problems.  I've been having weird stuff with the Mail program, first on the old computer and it has carried over to this one.  I talked to someone yesterday but they were as baffled as I and we didn't do anything.  The senior tech asked me to do a re-index on all accounts - we had to go into applications and delete certain folders that were then rebuilt and re-indexed.  Now I'll monitor things and see if it's helped and/or fixed.  Hopefully it will have, but if it hasn't then we'll speak again and try the next thing.

MacMail has always had some bugs. Have you tried archiving some of your old mail/mailboxes?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2011, 10:01:57 AM »

It's only 27 degrees in NYC right now.

Any sign of snow yet?
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2011, 10:02:41 AM »

Poor Rex. He has some badly infected teeth. I hope it isn't as bad as Joshie's situation.

He will be having dental surgery this morning and coming home this afternoon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2011, 10:05:49 AM »

I'm trying to access some photographs on an SD card which seems to have got corrupted. These are my sister's photos which we tried to transfer to her pc over Christmas (she's had the camera for a year but hadn't figured out how to transfer them to her computer - doh!  There are about 1400 photos and some videos. I'm using a programme which is supposed to be able to retrieve files and which I've got running at the moment. After four hours it has scanned 4% of the memory card and has found 64 files. So I suppose it will take about 100 hours to scan the complete memory card!

DR JohnG - As I discovered with my newish camera, check to see if it's an SD card or an SDHC (High Capacity) card. They can be used interchangeably in most devices, however, not all SD card readers can read SDHC cards.

I don't currently have an SDHC reader, so I've been transferring pictures directly from my camera to my computer via the mini-USB port on the camera itself.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2011, 10:08:15 AM »

Happy New Year, DR Michael S!
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2011, 10:16:29 AM »

I'm trying to access some photographs on an SD card which seems to have got corrupted. These are my sister's photos which we tried to transfer to her pc over Christmas (she's had the camera for a year but hadn't figured out how to transfer them to her computer - doh!  There are about 1400 photos and some videos. I'm using a programme which is supposed to be able to retrieve files and which I've got running at the moment. After four hours it has scanned 4% of the memory card and has found 64 files. So I suppose it will take about 100 hours to scan the complete memory card!

DR JohnG - As I discovered with my newish camera, check to see if it's an SD card or an SDHC (High Capacity) card. They can be used interchangeably in most devices, however, not all SD card readers can read SDHC cards.

I don't currently have an SDHC reader, so I've been transferring pictures directly from my camera to my computer via the mini-USB port on the camera itself.

It's an SDHC card and I have it in a card reader at the moment, which I bought yesterday because I couldn't access the card via my camera. The software programme is slowly finding the files. It's a trial programme which I'm using to first establish if the photos are retrievable. If they are, I can then pay for the full version of the programme in order to save the photos to my computer. The full software version costs $39 but it's worth it in order to get hold of those 1400 photographs.

John G.

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2011, 10:18:46 AM »

I don't envy you that, Doug R. That sounds like a lot of work.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2011, 10:23:44 AM »

Just got an e-mail telling us we won a couple of year-end best-of things at The Second Disc - best cast album reissue of 2011 went to Gone With The Wind, and best soundtrack reissue went to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (tied with another label's The Golden Child).

http://theseconddisc.com/2011/12/29/the-year-in-reissues-the-2011-gold-bonus-disc-awards/

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2011, 10:24:01 AM »

It's an SDHC card and I have it in a card reader at the moment, which I bought yesterday because I couldn't access the card via my camera. The software programme is slowly finding the files. It's a trial programme which I'm using to first establish if the photos are retrievable. If they are, I can then pay for the full version of the programme in order to save the photos to my computer. The full software version costs $39 but it's worth it in order to get hold of those 1400 photographs.

When you attach the card to your computer, does it at least show up in your File Directory/My Computer/etc.? If so, is it still possible just to drag and drop the files to your hard drive - that is if they show up in the directory listing.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2011, 10:36:44 AM »

Just got an e-mail telling us we won a couple of year-end best-of things at The Second Disc - best cast album reissue of 2011 went to Gone With The Wind, and best soundtrack reissue went to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (tied with another label's The Golden Child).

http://theseconddisc.com/2011/12/29/the-year-in-reissues-the-2011-gold-bonus-disc-awards/
Great news. Congratulations.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up