Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WRITING, WRITING, WRITING  (Read 12967 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: WRITING, WRITING, WRITING
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2012, 06:43:01 PM »

Page seven (7)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2012, 06:44:08 PM »

Did everyone see the video of the kyak rider in Florida who saved that dog out in the middle of the gulf.  The kyaker turned out to be a local man, who they just interviewed on our local news. 
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2012, 06:45:23 PM »

G'night!

I know, I know - Finally!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2012, 06:47:29 PM »

DR KevinH cruising Alaska takes you through the inland passage (if it doesn't then don't take the cruise) which makes it such a great cruise.

Jane

« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2012, 06:47:51 PM »

Did everyone see the video of the kyak rider in Florida who saved that dog out in the middle of the gulf.  The kyaker turned out to be a local man, who they just interviewed on our local news. 

No but I will look for it.

Jane

« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »

The bed & bedding were VERY comfortable on this cruise. :)

Jane

« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »

Jane, I don't know how I missed the posts about Sherlock.  I am glad he is doing better.

Thank you.  How are you doing?  Did you have any appointments while I was away?

However, the next day, I got a call from my surgeon's office telling me that my surgeon had reviewed the results and was turning me over to a different surgeon in his office.   The reason given was that the problem appears to be in the thoracic part of my spine, and my surgeon doesn't deal with that part of the spine.  I see this new sureon tomorrow.

Maybe this is good news as the other surgeon didn't seem to positive he could operate.

MEGA VIBES FOR POSITIVE NEWS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.  Of course, tomorrow will be Surgeon #3.  It was Number #1 Surgeon that said surgery wouldn't help.

To distinguish that fact I meant to say the other surgeon in this office, as in #2 surgeon. ;)  I was under the impression surgeon #2 wasn't positive you could have surgery, more like a wait & see after you did more tests.

Jane

« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2012, 06:53:01 PM »

Those Oceania cruises look great!

Mine was the best of the ten cruises I have taken over the years.

I will say that if I have a complaint about Oceania (and many would not consider a bad thing), is that I love the days onborad ship when we are at sea.  I find them totally relaxing because you have absolutely nothing that has to be done the whole day.  Oceania is very port oriented.  If you are on a ten day cruise, normally you will be in a different (or sometimes ) the same port every single day. They do a lot of overnight stays in ports, as well.  We did a two-day stop in Monte CArlo.  I missed having, at least, one day at sea.

I like as few days at sea as possible.  I did enjoy the first day out at sea, to rest up & adjust to the time change, on our Baltic cruise.  I could have used another one after our exhausting but incredible two days in Saint Petersburg.

DR JMK our Baltic cruise was romantic, but then it was for our 40th anniversary.

I think my next cruise will probably be either a transatlantic cruise (a lot of days at sea) or a Tahiti / Hawaii cruise.  That is if I can ever take another cruise.

You obviously have a stronger stomach than I do.  I would not want to do a major crossing.  Had this cruise been my first one I expect I would have been rather sea sick like the poor woman at the table next to us who suddenly bolted out with her husband behind her.  He returned explaining she was ill & requested dinner be sent to their cabin.  Why we seemed to leave during the beginning of dinner all the time I don't know.  The first morning was the most difficult.  After I brushed my teeth I went right back to bed & stayed there until the ship anchored.  I was fine as long as I stayed on the bed.  I even exercised & ate a small breakfast while Keith ate at the table.

That is why I never leave home without a package of patches - just in case.

I tried a patch when it first came out & the patch made me sick.  I saw a number of people wearing them on this trip & might check them out again.  I thought you need to wear one before you get sick.  Someone also told me if you take a Bonine at night it stays with you the next day.  I was always fine at bedtime so I didn't try that theory.

Jane

« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2012, 06:53:16 PM »

Oh, Ginny:  today's Ebates Daily Double is a little store we like to call Vera Bradley.  :)

La, la, la, la *fingers in ears* la, la, la - trying not to spend a lot of money on Vera, DR JMK, but thanks for thinking of me!

;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2012, 06:55:42 PM »

I just pulled out all the albums I did in 1995 or at least that carry that copyright (I'm sure I did a couple of these at the end of 1994 but I'm equally sure that some of the early 1996 titles will be from 1995.  I'm not going to be nutty about chronology anymore simply because it will not be possible being that there were nineteen albums that year and I was literally in the studio recording every two-and-a-half weeks.  To try and figure out the exact order would be madness.  I can figure out some of it by going to amazon and looking at the CD release dates, because our normal procedure was to put things out within six weeks of their being finished.
No wonder I thought you were based out of New York.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2012, 06:56:34 PM »

One thing I preferred on a small ship compared to a large one was the ease of getting on and off the ship.  On a big ship crowds are the norm where the small ship was rather fast.  On this cruise we always tendered (took a small boat) to land which probably made the entire process equally as long, however, the views of the islands were nicer than standing in line.

John G.

« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2012, 06:56:52 PM »

DR George thank you for the continued vibes for our Sherlock.  Though he seems fine we have decided to wait until tomorrow to take him for a walk.
many more vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #192 on: January 11, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »

Here is my favorite Rockwell Saturday Evening Post cover:

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2012, 06:58:08 PM »

Vibes and prayers for Zack!
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »

Cruises sound great! Sadly, I don't think there are any cruises between Arizona and Indiana.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

John G.

« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2012, 07:00:41 PM »

Watching the Barbara Cook "Bloomer Girl". The transfer is faint, but she's great in it. So is Rann Sparkman, who was in "House of Flowers."
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »

Yes.  Sweet but awfully sad story.  Doggie's owner had been killed by a drunk driver while jogging next to the beach.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2012, 07:05:43 PM »

Don't ask me why, but I collected Saturday Evening Posts back when I was circa 10-13, when we lived in Seattle.  This was obviously in the days long before the internet and there was some sort of national newspaper called The Antique Trader or something like that that my Mom subscribed to for her Jim Beam bottle collection (that's another story for another day. :) ).  I got a lot from that newspaper as well as some from the Pike Place Market.  I have them going back to the 19th century.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2012, 07:07:12 PM »

Yes.  Sweet but awfully sad story.  Doggie's owner had been killed by a drunk driver while jogging next to the beach.

I think I won't read it. :(  I'm glad the dog was saved.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2012, 07:07:35 PM »

DRs, Zach Short, the son of my friend LouAnn, is in chemotherapy in Houston for lymphoma. Can you please send him some vibes? I know she and her husband Jeff are wrried amd I worry for her. Thanks!

Vibes and Prayers for Zach!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JMK

« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2012, 07:07:36 PM »

I am currently verklempt over this song which came on the radio tonight and which is particularly meaningful to me tonight for a number of reasons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiL_HWy8puA

Jane

« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2012, 07:07:58 PM »

VIBES FOR ZACH & THAT THE CHEMO WORKS!!!!

Jane

« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2012, 07:09:24 PM »

Don't ask me why, but I collected Saturday Evening Posts back when I was circa 10-13, when we lived in Seattle.  This was obviously in the days long before the internet and there was some sort of national newspaper called The Antique Trader or something like that that my Mom subscribed to for her Jim Beam bottle collection (that's another story for another day. :) ).  I got a lot from that newspaper as well as some from the Pike Place Market.  I have them going back to the 19th century.

8)

JMK

« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »

Color Me Amazed Department:  I got an advance copy of FRIDA to review, a film I'd never seen.  Taymor is an exceptionally brilliant director from a visual perspective, there's simply no arguing the point.  I thought so with ACROSS THE UNIVERSE and I'm even more convinced of it now.

Jane

« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »

I want to go back to Tahiti.  With the warm humid air, along with no house chores to do, I barely felt a twinge in my right shoulder & no pain anywhere else.  I was hoping once we were home the pain in my left shoulder would be greatly improved.  No such luck.  Last night I lifted a very large novel to read & something in my right shoulder cracked.  Now it is worst than it has been for at least 6 months. 

DR JMK, your "starting over" song has a whole different meaning for me. ;D

Jane

« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2012, 07:15:06 PM »

Speaking of the big book I think I'll start reading it now and see if I can manage it.  I'm very bored with THE CAT'S TABLE I'm reading on the Nook.

John G.

« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »

DRs, Zach Short, the son of my friend LouAnn, is in chemotherapy in Houston for lymphoma. Can you please send him some vibes? I know she and her husband Jeff are wrried amd I worry for her. Thanks!

Vibes and Prayers for Zach!!
He's got 'em.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2012, 07:34:14 PM »

I want to go back to Tahiti.  With the warm humid air, along with no house chores to do, I barely felt a twinge in my right shoulder & no pain anywhere else.  I was hoping once we were home the pain in my left shoulder would be greatly improved.  No such luck.  Last night I lifted a very large novel to read & something in my right shoulder cracked.  Now it is worst than it has been for at least 6 months. 

DR JMK, your "starting over" song has a whole different meaning for me. ;D

So sorry to hear that.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2012, 07:36:33 PM »

Color Me Amazed Department:  I got an advance copy of FRIDA to review, a film I'd never seen.  Taymor is an exceptionally brilliant director from a visual perspective, there's simply no arguing the point.  I thought so with ACROSS THE UNIVERSE and I'm even more convinced of it now.
Never saw Frida. Is it worth it beyond the visuals?

Thought the visuals of "Titus" were great, too, although I loved a lot of it because I had been to that coliseum in Croatia.   
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #209 on: January 11, 2012, 07:51:57 PM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up