Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHERMAN BROTHERS  (Read 15387 times)

Doug R

Re: THE SHERMAN BROTHERS
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2012, 02:15:44 PM »

Back home after drinks and a meal. I had roast beef, mashed and roast potatoes, carrots and green beans. They apologised for having run out of Yorkshire pudding!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2012, 02:22:45 PM »

T.O.D.

I suppose the first Sherman songs I heard were Tall Paul and the songs from THE PARENT TRAP, but I had no idea who wrote them at the time.  The first time I actually connected them with their music was the first time I heard MARY POPPINS.  By that time I had started to buy OBC and Soundtracks of shows and films.

I love the score of the film MARY POPPINS (but also including Practically Perfect)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2012, 02:25:09 PM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  I slept late this morning and then had to hustle to leave for the grantwriters' lunch early enough to make 2 stops on the way.  Made 3 more stops on the way home and now I'm here for a bit before heading in the opposite direction for a knitting class.

Ginny, I think you are busier now than when you were working.

Not really, DR TCB, but things got bunched up today.  Of course, when I was working the alarm went off at 5:30am and today I slept 'til 9!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2012, 02:25:32 PM »

Off to Hamilton - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2012, 02:34:30 PM »

The other morning I decided to go back to bed after I fed Nicky.  The next thing I knew it was 10:00.  When I looked at the clock, I panicked and my heart started racing, like I was late to work, or something.  It took me several minutes to realize that I could sleep all day if I wanted.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2012, 02:36:40 PM »

Galley and covers approved and book will go off to the printers in a day or two, then I'll place my order.  We may have it available for pre-order at Kritzerland as soon as this evening.  Signed copies, of course, and a bit cheaper than amazon and other online dealers.  Not sure how long it takes for the eBook to go live.  Only hardcover on the site, but softcover will be available at amazon, etc.   Also, the first twenty-five orders will get a little something special with their copies - working on that now.  Books should ship by the second week of April.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »

Had some lunch, picked up some packages.  Will do some liner notes in a while.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2012, 02:39:32 PM »

Back home after drinks and a meal. I had roast beef, mashed and roast potatoes, carrots and green beans. They apologised for having run out of Yorkshire pudding!

Too bad they ran out of Yorkshire pudding.  Two veggies & two potatoes, yum.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2012, 02:40:29 PM »

The other morning I decided to go back to bed after I fed Nicky.  The next thing I knew it was 10:00.  When I looked at the clock, I panicked and my heart started racing, like I was late to work, or something.  It took me several minutes to realize that I could sleep all day if I wanted.

;D 

It must feel good to sleep until 10:00.  You have so many restless nights.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2012, 02:42:04 PM »

Newt Gingrich was caught on camera napping before he spoke today.  Obviously this was his last ditch effort to attract the Ronald Reagan vote.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2012, 02:44:39 PM »

;D 

It must feel good to sleep until 10:00.  You have so many restless nights.

Very true.  I was amazed that I slept that late.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2012, 02:52:03 PM »

What a surprise!  Americans are rated as the World's Worst Tourists.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2012, 02:53:47 PM »

Really.  I thought the Japanese had replaced us.  I guess we moved back up to number one.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »

An 81-year-old woman came forward today as the winner of the February 11 Powerball drawing of $336 million.  Damn, at her age, I wouldn't have wasted a month.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »

Really.  I thought the Japanese had replaced us.  I guess we moved back up to number one.

Americans even voted themselves the worst.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »

Hmmmm. 

Jane

« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2012, 03:02:52 PM »

There was a time I would definitely said the Japanese were by far, from my personal experience.  It has been a long while since I would say any group, including Americans.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2012, 03:05:15 PM »

I found the Italian tourists in Italy to be extremely rude.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2012, 03:12:48 PM »

DR Jane, why would you think Japanese to be bad tourists? They are always so nice and polite.

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2012, 03:18:22 PM »

Just learned that one of my favorite actresses passed away on Sunday.

Joan Taylor, star of EARTH VS THE FLYING SAUCERS, 20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH and TVs The Rifleman...plus lots of westerns...she was among my first "favorite actresses" when I was a little kid.

:'(

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2012, 03:20:40 PM »

Today is the 100th anniversary of the Oreo cookie. Sounds like a reason to celebrate to me. Deep-fried Oreo cookies with Oreo cookie ice cream and chocolate-dipped Oreos on the side. (Diabetic? Who, me?)

I got an e-mail coupon from Red Robin this morning for a free Rookie Magic® Shake "with purchase of a burger, entrée salad, sandwich. wrap or kid's meal" (dine-in only)!

They also have a new burger that's on sale...I think that I'll be going there for dinner tonight! :D

I read this...and re-read this...and re-read this...and then finally got that I was reading "Red Robin" instead of "Red John"....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »

An 81-year-old woman came forward today as the winner of the February 11 Powerball drawing of $336 million.  Damn, at her age, I wouldn't have wasted a month.

It probably took her that long to remember she had a ticket and that she ought to check it.  I'm sure the news channels were making daily comments that the prize was "local" and that no one had claimed it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2012, 03:23:40 PM »

With potatoes, what is the point of Yorkshire pudding?  Three starches???

Still, it's terribly careless and shortsighted to run out of Yorkshire Pudding.  Who doesn't love it?

Jane

« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2012, 03:49:02 PM »

DR Jane, why would you think Japanese to be bad tourists? They are always so nice and polite.

Because they ran me over too many times, and one aggressive "gentleman" pushed (tossed me a a foot away) me out of the way while I was waiting to be helped.  At the time I was the only person at the counter & he then stood in front of my purse & hat that had been in front of me on the counter.  If I knew how to swear in Japanese I would have.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:54:12 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2012, 03:53:44 PM »

With potatoes, what is the point of Yorkshire pudding?  Three starches???

Still, it's terribly careless and shortsighted to run out of Yorkshire Pudding.  Who doesn't love it?

Especially when serving roast beef!

MBarnum

« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2012, 03:59:39 PM »

Because they ran me over too many times, and one aggressive "gentleman" pushed (tossed me a a foot away) me out of the way while I was waiting to be helped.  At the time I was the only person at the counter & he then stood in front of my purse & hat that had been in front of me on the counter.  If I knew how to swear in Japanese I would have.

But how did you know he/they was Japanese?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:01:58 PM by MBarnum »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2012, 04:07:41 PM »

"tossed me a a foot away"??  Tossed you a what a foot away?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2012, 04:07:51 PM »

I assure you he was, and he was obviously a big shot executive with ass kissing underlings along & a submissive wife.  I didn't need to speak their language to know what was going on. 

We were in the Swiss Alps in an area where the people weren't overly friendly to Americans.  I'm standing outside at a hat, gloves, etc kiosk waiting patiently for the woman who worked it to get off her but & help me.  When the big shot walked up, took both his hands & tossed me aside the woman jumped off her stool.  I truly expected her to ask if I was ok.  Instead she began helping the big shot.  He tried on a hat & was obviously very pleased with how he looked in it.  He then wanted the other people with him to agree.  It really was funny watching the action.  The woman sold one hat while I was there.  Had she ever assisted me she might have sold two hats along with a scarf or gloves.  Of course there was no way I was going to buy anything at that point.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2012, 04:09:08 PM »

Hmmm...I just finished listening to the ONCE cast recording on NPR and I have to admit that I am unmoved.  I guess that one needs to actually see the show to fully appreciate it.  Right now, to me, it's just a collection of songs.  I can't garner anything of what happens on stage from what I've listened to.

That's why I'm buying the physical CD...although, the downloadable (when purchased) MP3s from Amazon include a digital booklet!  I hope that that has more information about the plot and the show itself.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't know what's it all about...Alfie.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2012, 04:09:28 PM »

My ent

"tossed me a a foot away"??  Tossed you a what a foot away?

My entire body sideways about 12 inches from where I began.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up