Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHAKING OF THE BOOTY  (Read 20125 times)

mrkdl73

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE SHAKING OF THE BOOTY
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2004, 07:42:36 AM »

Yes, Jason, he is our Ravenal.  We will be here until 7/31.  Admittingly, not normally what you would think of as a Ravenal physically, but he's doing a great job.  I can't tell you how nice it is to go to work to do a show that you're proud of, with people you enjoy working with (the whole cast) and whom you respect (90% of the cast).  He is however, not a fan of having his name on the internet; let's call him BD

MBarnum

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2004, 07:44:21 AM »

Shakalaka: When are you supposed to go to the nakey beach?

Ha, ha! Well, I guess it is on Saturday if we go. Frankly, or even Stevely, I would prefer we go to the regular beach! But (butt) we will see what we will see, or something like that! LOL!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2004, 07:50:31 AM »

MATTH the sides from TW will cost you a week of rehearsal!

Someone must be doing SHOWBOAT!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2004, 07:53:25 AM »

Speaking of shakalaka, for anyone interested next week will be Broadway week on Live With Regis and Kelly.

Monday is Avenue Q.
Tuesday is I believe Donna Murphy (Wonderful Town).
Wed is Joey Fatone (Little Shop).
Thurs Caroline Or Change (tonya Pinkins).
Friday is Bombay Dreams/Shakalaka Baby.

(I might have mixed up tues and wed, but they had the story on playbill).

MBarnum

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2004, 07:56:29 AM »

Well, ok if you all insist here is a Bollywood movie of the day. I don't own this one but I am sure it is only a matter of time before I do! LOL!

Aetbaar! I have heard it is a good movie.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 07:57:04 AM by MBarnum »

Jason

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2004, 07:57:34 AM »

Yes, Jason, he is our Ravenal.  We will be here until 7/31.  Admittingly, not normally what you would think of as a Ravenal physically, but he's doing a great job.  I can't tell you how nice it is to go to work to do a show that you're proud of, with people you enjoy working with (the whole cast) and whom you respect (90% of the cast).  He is however, not a fan of having his name on the internet; let's call him BD

You respect 90% of the cast? Wow...I want to work there! You can ask BD...I think I maybe respected two people in our whole company at Bucks Co., with him being one of the two. Seriously, though, when they weren't stoned or drunk or peeing on the floor in the rec room or passing condoms to each other onstage, they were a tolerable bunch of folks. Now I'm trying to remember a time when they weren't stoned or drunk...I'm hard-pressed to think of that.

You're right, though...he's not your typical Ravenal, but I'm sure he's fantastic. Such a handsome, talented guy with a great personality to boot. I miss him.

Anywho...I have envelopes to stuff and phones to answer. Oh, rapture!

mrkdl73

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2004, 08:00:03 AM »

I find the TW sides to be very unhelpful and (hush, hush) most places I've worked give actors the whole script, unless they have one line or something.  In high school when the director didn't know better, it was always funny when someone who had sides chimed in with the wrong line, but chimed in anyway because their cue was the same.  I much appreciate the full scripts of MTI and RNH.

Yes, doing SHOWBOAT, but we sometimes refer to our production as "No Boat" because we have one of those "concept unit sets" and we don't have an actual boatk.  Yes, it works and it is much better than having a boat set piece and having it look cheesy bad.  

Jason

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2004, 08:02:52 AM »

Oh, if only I had a picture of our set for TITANIC, then you could see what a cheesy "boat" set looks like.

mrkdl73

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2004, 08:07:34 AM »

Actually, now I feel bad because I do really respect the entire cast talent-wise, it's just that sometimes some frustrate me with extra-curricular activities (use your imagination) and comments like "I take a nap during Act II and wake up when you and Magnolia sing the ragtime "Lovin' That Man"reprise (the Trocodera audition scene).  I mean it's one thing to take a nap and another thing to take a nap and then tell everyone you're doing it when the people you're telling are running around singing, dancing and frantically putting on thier next costume.  It's a good thing we all have a sense of humor.  

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2004, 08:10:07 AM »

Can you guys explain exactly what the "sides" are?
Thanks.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2004, 08:12:55 AM »

Good Morning!

WOW!  It's almost 11:00am here on the east coast, and I've actually been for almost four hours already!!!!  4 HOURS?!?!?!?!

-Something tells me a nap is in my (near) future. ;)

I won't go into details, but on my way back from Williamsburg, VA, this morning...  ::)   I decided to take the scenic route back to Richmond.  Instead of taking I-64, I took Route 60.  What a beautiful ride back, and it was a nice morning for riding back with the windows down.  And it only took me about 15 minutes longer taking the "local road" than taking the interstate.  I had taken that route before but it was at night.  It was nice to see everything by the light of day.

Oh!  And since I did get up early, I treated myself to a good ole fashioned breakfast at a place callled "Mama Steve's".  What a neat place.  Very homey.  All the waitresses are in sky blue uniforms and wear  bonnets.  I was hoping to find scrapple on the menu, but, alas, I had to settle for Surry Sausage (the locally made good stuff).  To accompany my sausage, I had two eggs over-easy, hash browns, toast (with apple butter), two buttermilk pancakes (with maple and blueberry syrups), orange juice and coffee.  Everything was quite yummy - although I did leave some of the hash browns and a few slices of the toast behind.  It was a lot of food!  And the breakfast was more than enough to fuel me for my trip back to Richmond.

Oh...

As for the weekly Media Check:

DVD: Barbara Cook "Mostly Sondheim"

CD: Bette Midler's "Rosemary Clooney Songbook" (I wasn't as "annoyed" at this album as I thought I would be.  However, there is "room" on the CD for a couple more songs.  A surprisingly short overall running time.)
Cheryl Bentyne - "Talk of the Town"
Janis Siegel - "Friday Night Special"

VCR: A tape for DR Jason of various TLC programs.

Well, I need to go through the pile of mail - and bills (ugh!) - that has been building up next to my laptop, as well as get my Father's Days card prepped and mailed - Yes, I know, I should have done them earlier this week.  However, I did buy the cards a few weeks ago.  So... :P

Oh, last, but certainly not least...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR LAURA II!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2004, 08:15:32 AM »

"Sides" are portions of the script of a show. Casting directors will often hand out "sides" at auditions so they can hear actors read scenes with other actors just to hear how they sound and if they can actually speak the words.

Tams-Witmark, one of the "other" licensing companies, sends out books with only the lines and cues for specific characters. For example, if I'm playing Charlie Brown in YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN, the director would be sent a full script with all the dialogue printed in it. I would be given a script with only Chuck's dialogue and maybe a pick-up cue or two thrown in there so I might know when to speak.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2004, 08:18:47 AM »

DR mrkdl73 - Please pass on my best to BD too!  And give his abs a nice "pat" for me too! ;)

Are you staying in the actor's house there?  When I was at Circa '21, I had the "attic" room-suite.  There were only five people in the show I was doing there, so we each had our own room, and since I was the MD, I got the "suite".  *However, I was always scared of that very tight spiral staircase.

Oh, and please say HI to Denny for me too!  Are Tammy and Brad still there?  Still together?  And do they still have very attractive bartenders?  ;D

OH!  And I asked before, but you may have missed it... Is there a chance I've played for you a SETCs or UPTAs?

« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 08:20:02 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2004, 08:25:03 AM »

VCR: A tape for DR Jason of various TLC programs.

For ME? You're gonna force me to go out and get a new VCR, aren't you? Thank you so much! You spoil me with my TLC videos. I may have to take them with me to Louisville next week so I can just sit and watch all day long. Of course, my parents have cable, so I could just watch THAT all day long, too.

Oh, the food I plan to eat when I get home. Chik-Fil-A, Moby Dick fish (yes, it's a real place), O'Charley's (how I love their yeast rolls), mom and dad's homemade fried chicken. It's so not on my diet, but...yuuuuuuuumy!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 08:27:23 AM by Jason »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2004, 08:31:33 AM »

If you can't pig out while on vacation (if going home constitutes a vacation), then why go on vacation?

No one loves to eat more than I (I'm sure some of us here are probably equal in our love of food), but the only time I ever forget dieting and watching what I eat is on vacation.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2004, 08:37:48 AM »

PANNI-PENNY PRONUNCIATION GUIDE

Yesterday I was instructing DR Jane on the pronunciation of my name should she have need of calling my Hungarian relatives. She admitted that she had never been quite certain of how to say Panni.  As I’m sure other DRs have Panni issues, I must remedy the situation at once.
Here’s how to do it: The rhythm of Panni is like Penny (in fact, I had an elderly relative in Schenectady who to her dying day always called me "Penny" and thought it to be my name.) Anyway, for the middle “eh” sound in Penny, substitute “aw” and you have Panni.
Simple. End of language lesson.

Jason

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2004, 08:38:22 AM »

Matt H: This will be the first time in 10 years that I have gone anywhere for an entire week without it being some sort of holiday (read: Christmas) or without having some sort of acting or singing gig. I'm not counting the trip to Chicago as part of my "vacation" because that is actually a working trip, but when I get home, all bets are off, food-wise. And, of course, we're having a family reunion on 4th of July. There are at least 100 people on my mom's side of the family that will be there, and they're all FABULOUS cooks. You wouldn't believe the massive amounts of food that will be there.

My parents make the most incredible spreads of food you could possibly imagine. I'm sure that for my arrival-night dinner we'll have fried chicken, mashed potatoes with homemade gravy, green beans, homemade creamed corn, sauteed carrots, homemade biscuits and possibly some broccoli casserole. All of my favorites. Of course, one can only eat half a teaspoon of each of those things before you're completely stuffed, but it do taste so good! Top it off with a glass of sweet tea and I'm in heaven. And I'm sure dad will have a pumpkin pie waiting for me, too.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 08:41:27 AM by Jason »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2004, 08:42:05 AM »

Jason thank you for the good wishes.

SWW-LOL and good for you.

MBarnum, thanks.  Then I should be back before elmore returns.  Your sunflower for Laura made me smile.

LAURA II-HAVE A HAPPY FUN DAY!

Matt H we have to wait until we return to watch MONK-TIVO should have recorded two episodes by then.

Bye All.  Talk to you in a couple of weeks.
 :D

Jason

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2004, 08:45:28 AM »

Safe travels, Jane and Keith!!

Panni

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2004, 08:47:39 AM »

CD Player - Miles Davis: Seven Steps to Heaven
Everything else is empty at the moment. Skammen.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 09:10:24 AM by Panni »

Panni

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2004, 08:48:35 AM »

Bon voyage, Jane and Keith. We'll miss you!

Panni

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2004, 08:50:23 AM »

Jason - You've made me VERY hungry!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2004, 08:50:40 AM »

Ha, ha! Well, I guess it is on Saturday if we go. Frankly, or even Stevely, I would prefer we go to the regular beach! But (butt) we will see what we will see, or something like that! LOL!

Aw, c'mon!  Go!  You got to take life by the horns!  You got to take risks!  You got to take pictures!

What can anyone tell me about Hot September, the musical based on Picnic?  I'm listening to what I'm guessing is a demo recording and I think I recognize a couple of the performers.  Am I hearing Alice Playten as Madge?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2004, 08:51:58 AM »

For ME? You're gonna force me to go out and get a new VCR, aren't you? Thank you so much! You spoil me with my TLC videos. I may have to take them with me to Louisville next week so I can just sit and watch all day long. Of course, my parents have cable, so I could just watch THAT all day long, too.

Oh, the food I plan to eat when I get home. Chik-Fil-A, Moby Dick fish (yes, it's a real place), O'Charley's (how I love their yeast rolls), mom and dad's homemade fried chicken. It's so not on my diet, but...yuuuuuuuumy!

DR Jason - No rush on getting a new VCR.  If I had some other way of taping them for you, I would.  But I don't, so I am.

???

All that food - and the food in your subsequent post - sounds sooooo good.  For me, right now, I've tried "pigging out" here and there the past few weeks, but I can tell my stomach is still "small" from when I was sick - and wasn't eating as much.  I've been out to dinner a few times with some friends, and I've found myself full just after a slice of bread and the salad.  It's kind of nice to know that I'm getting full that fast - and, thus, eating less - but I really do/did love eating a full meal: salad/appetizer, entree, dessert.  Ah, well.  Happy Eating!

OH!  And a tip from my time on the road regarding O'Charley's.  I usually like to order the Black & Blue Salad - if it's still on the menu.  It's their grilled steak salad.  However, I always ask for the steak medium rare, and instead of the bleu cheese dressing, I ask for ranch on the side.  Whenever I've ordered it this way, I've found the salad to be much "fresher" - at least it seems that way.  Basically, the "special request" keeps the folks in the kitchen on their toes.  -And sometimes, I do get it with bleu cheese on the side.  And, yes, those yeast rolls are sooo good!  Especially when they are hot and fresh out of the oven!

*And if you need dining tips for Chicago... Feel free to ask! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2004, 08:59:59 AM »

Happy Birthday LAura II
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2004, 09:01:45 AM »

My parents make the most incredible spreads of food you could possibly imagine. I'm sure that for my arrival-night dinner we'll have fried chicken, mashed potatoes with homemade gravy, green beans, homemade creamed corn, sauteed carrots, homemade biscuits and possibly some broccoli casserole.

I don't think I've ever had homemade fried chicken. :(

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2004, 09:02:56 AM »

Bon voyage, dear fellow,
dear benefactor of your fellow man
may your luck continue
do come again and see us when you can!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2004, 09:05:10 AM »

Anyway, for the middle “eh” sound in Penny, substitute “aw” and you have Panni.

Noooooooooooo!!!!!

I've been saying it like Annie, P-annie.

And I just don't think there is anyway I can start saying it like pawn-ie.

:(

Jason

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2004, 09:07:20 AM »

I don't think I've ever had homemade fried chicken. :(

Jennifer, you have just made me the saddest boy on the face of this website. You've got to get someone to make you some homemade fried chicken...or do it yourself! It's not that hard.

My parents (well, my dad--he does the chicken and mom does everything else) use a special seasoned flour called Kentucky Kernel. I've never seen it outside of Kentucky, but if you can find it online, I highly recommend it.

DR Jose: It's time I got a new VCR anyway. You're just giving me a reason to do it! And I could use the tax deduction...

Jason

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »

http://www.foodlocker.com/seasonedflour.html

There's a link to Kentucky Kernel, should you be tempted to try it. It really is wonderful, and it can be used for things other than chicken.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up